James Rodríguez

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Fair enough. I just dont see him that kind of player to make the difference when it matters. Right now, only place we can put him is RW and no way, I guarantee would he play well there. Lacks pace to start with, which is crucial and can you imagine him playing high pressing in PL week in week out? I dont. And current formation is brilliant, so I wouldnt change it just to suit James. Not to mention he is playmaker. I would rather spend that crazy cash or more on winger/SS who can score (like Dybala althrough it looks impossible, Berardi is my favourite 2nd option but he got injured so we shall see how it goes).

Dybała won't move from Juve before 2019 IMO. They paid 90m for 29yo Higuain to give them the best chance to win the Champions League. So they are not that interest in money.

Berardi is not rated by Conte. He didn't even take him to the Euros. Preferred Eder or some other passion merchant. 

Griezmann won't move before 2018 as Atletico can't replace him.

So the list of the serious RW options is short. When someone like Quincy Promes is mentioned I don't know why James is disregarded as a solution. Yesterday he just confirmed his great talent. Through ball maestro. 

But Conte would probably prefer some scraps from Italy. I hope that board will take care of business instead. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I haven't seen him play that much, I don't know if he could learn that role. Is he doing well on the right wing at Bayer?

He got assist last night I haven't seen him that much on the right wing to see he's good enough on the right wing tho

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea plotting £75m bid for Real Madrid star James Rodriguez as replacement for China-bound Oscar

Oscar is set to join Shanghai SIPG in a £62m deal and Antonio Conte is ready to replace the Brazilian with Rodriguez, who has struggled for regular opportunities at Real

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-plotting-75m-bid-real-9475922

15 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Oscar is set to join Shanghai SIPG in a £62m deal and Antonio Conte is ready to replace the Brazilian with Rodriguez, who has struggled for regular opportunities at Real

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-plotting-75m-bid-real-9475922

Well, with their transfer ban I doubt they will sell him. 

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

Chelsea plotting £75m bid for Real Madrid star James Rodriguez as replacement for China-bound Oscar

Chelsea would be crazy to paid that mount of money for him 💰 you can strength two areas in the team with that type of money 

Why the hell would Man United be interested in James? They already struggle to play all of their attacking mids.

As for us, I really wanted him in the summer before we really knew how Conte would line up. Now I'm not so sure we need him but you can never have too many great players in the marathon that is the Premier League. 

I'm dreaming?  Could our 4 year struggle with right-winger/forward be over? 

After watching those last 3 games I'm even more assured that he is the player we need. We're solid like a brick wall, we need that one creative player more. We're that one signing away from being clear title favourite. We barely create, teams figured us out, we need special players to unlock buses. You can't do better than James in that regard. He is just through ball machine, every time he has the ball he looks for opening the space. He will find it cosy here having 8 players behind working for him.

Does club want to leave the squad with barely 3 attacking midfielders?

2 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I'm dreaming?  Could our 4 year struggle with right-winger/forward be over? 

After watching those last 3 games I'm even more assured that he is the player we need. We're solid like a brick wall, we need that one creative player more. We're that one signing away from being clear title favourite. We barely create, teams figured us out, we need special players to unlock buses. You can't do better than James in that regard. He is just through ball machine, every time he has the ball he looks for opening the space. He will find it cosy here having 8 players behind working for him.

Does club want to leave the squad with barely 3 attacking midfielders?

Sadio Mane is a better player for that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You