test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The only place to be

The Board

Started by The only place to be,

1,503 posts in this topic

Emanolo how woeful he did. 

Just like the previous one we had with Arnesen that went to Hamburg and did bad as well. 

Shows why we was doing bad. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

The high-flier Aston Villa have snapped up from Chelsea

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/high-flier-aston-villa-snapped-15746340

Aston Villa have made a savvy off-field appointment by hiring Nicola Ibbetson as their new chief commercial officer.

The highly-regarded, Ibbetson, worked with CEO Christian Purslow at Chelsea and leaves Stamford Bridge after three years.

She replaces Luke Organ, who was axed last month as part of a major shake-up aimed at boosting revenue streams.

A chartered accountant, Ibbetson also spent three years at Manchester United, where she worked on the world-record £750million kit sponsorship deal with Adidas.

5 hours ago, mccg said:

lol the only crown she is going to get is

Crown_of_Shit-Luke_Chueh-Acrylic-trampt-35884m.jpg?1328706513

when he walks on a free or for £10m via a desperation sale next January

Unionjack likes this

Jan 31st and we have not done enough business at all.

3/4 out 1 yes 1 in?

we needed 3/4 in

cant blame sarri, The board and maria have failed

knew higuain would be useless

we need names my arse

Johnnyeye likes this

Well we had the same problem when Conte was here. And he got sack because of this. 

We just have a a club that is being run to the ground because they have no vision and no plan. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Sarri is having several problems but:
1) is about 5-6 years we have up and down seasons, this should make us thinking: one coach fail is his mistake, but 3-4 one after other not! overall when this menagers are always considered great coaches!
2) Ok coaches, but we don't have a players at level of others 3-4 top PL club!
3) The problem about 5-6 years is the propriety and board, you can have good coach or good players, but untill under there isn't a good board, a good society with great plans, a great vision and a long term program is all just  destinated to fail!
So we can change coach, some player or other but untill won't be a mental change nothing will change!
And this won't happen untill the propriety and board won't change! So Roman needs to sell the club or we are destinated to be a club of 5-8 place in PL for next years!

Fernando likes this

8 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

Sarri is having several problems but:
1) is about 5-6 years we have up and down seasons, this should make us thinking: one coach fail is his mistake, but 3-4 one after other not! overall when this menagers are always considered great coaches!
2) Ok coaches, but we don't have a players at level of others 3-4 top PL club!
3) The problem about 5-6 years is the propriety and board, you can have good coach or good players, but untill under there isn't a good board, a good society with great plans, a great vision and a long term program is all just  destinated to fail!
So we can change coach, some player or other but untill won't be a mental change nothing will change!
And this won't happen untill the propriety and board won't change! So Roman needs to sell the club or we are destinated to be a club of 5-8 place in PL for next years!

not far wrong at all

Profit and sensible spending is the aim but seemingly at the expense of our first 11.

whats the point if we dont have top class players because any profit will drain away and our spending will rocket trying to buy to get back in the mix!

We have been crying out for players for 3 windows

i and many at the bridge held the belief they would bring in reinforcements yet they let go of morata, cesc and moses and as of 6.10pm got aging higuain in?!

SMFH

blues.bridge likes this

Don't know where to put this, but thought this was interesting:

English youth products outstripping Bundesliga, says Dortmund’s Zorc

‘It seems they overtook us’ says Borussia Dortmund chief
 Jadon Sancho’s success broadening English players’ horizons

Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, has admitted English clubs have overtaken their German counterparts in terms of the quality of young players being produced in the academy system.

The former Manchester City forward Jadon Sancho has enjoyed an outstanding breakthrough season in Germany to help Dortmund establish a seven-point lead at the top the Bundelisga, with the 18-year-old’s decision to seek first-team action overseas paying dividends for both parties. Arsenal’s Emile Smith-Rowe became the latest English teenager to sign for a German side when he joined RB Leipzig on loan last month and Zorc believes that Premier League academies are leading the way in terms of producing quality young players.

“Let’s go back say five or 10 years … there was a time that English clubs signed German players,” he said. “There was a lot of discussion here: ‘It’s all about money you know, it’s too early for them to go from Germany to England.’ But, in the meantime we have the feeling that, yes, the education and development of youth players in the English academies is quite good, to be honest. The teams don’t only spend much money on transfers or salaries but also on infrastructure. When you see these youth academies – for example Man City – you can’t compare it with the German standard. It’s much higher, much higher.”

Zorc added: “It seems to me that it’s something like a business model for them because even if they don’t succeed in their own teams they sell them for higher prices. I just read a figure of Man City – I think they’ve sold young players for more than 150 million within the last three or five years. You can recognise it also in results. You know the English teams are reaching under-17, under-19 [finals] compared to the German ones. It seems to me that they overtook us.”

Sancho will come face to face with another Arsenal loanee in the form of Hoffenheim’s Reiss Nelson on Saturday in the Bundesliga, before he returns to London to face Tottenham in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday. Yet Sancho, who opted against signing a lucrative deal at City in 2017 to pursue his career abroad instead, has warned that it is no guarantee of prospering.

“I feel like young players are looking to go away now, because they are seeing my success, but it’s not easy,” he said. “People think that because I am doing so well, but everyone’s journey is different.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/07/bundesliga-michael-zorc-borussia-dortmund-jadon-sancho

Seems like other leagues are noticing, and it seems like it's time we also take it serious and start trusting in some of our younger players. Quality indeed has improve from the days of Bruma, Van Anholt, Manciene, etc etc. 

Let's see what board does now. Sarri absolutely embarrassed our football club. If he is not fired after today's game then the board has to be questioned too.. We still can get into top 4 but definitely not with Sarri. Give it to Zola until the end of the season.

Wtf has happened to us this season. Roman out the country.. No 4-0 losses in 20 years now we've done it twice! 

Gone from 4th to possibly 6th if they get another. Can't pass! 

The team needs to be sold. Roman will never sack the board. We have, quite literally, the worst board of any top 25 team in football. They will will not be sacked under the current ownership, so again, the club has to be sold.

There is a very good chance two things will happen soon. Number one, numbers of players on loan allowed will be lowered to six or eight, yet we keep ADDING to loan army, not selling, so will get caught in market flood. Number two, we will get a probable 2 year transfer ban, yet the board has done very little to bring in the large numbers of new players we desperately need, and almost no true sales of deadwood.

Those two things alone are sackable, but now I put the final death nails in the coffin.

Renewing Alonso.

Buying Drinkwater. 

SACK THE FUCKING BOARD OR SELL THE CLUB.

blues.bridge likes this

Been thinking a lot the past few seasons about this so, lets be honest. This clubs downfall is a byproduct that has been because of its success. Complacency has kicked in all across the club because weve won a lot in the years Romans been here by doing things a certain way. Everyone is partially responsible. Players, managers and the board.

In recent years the players and managers seem to drop off every 2 seasons and theres no long term vision or real method of maintaining that success while the club actually progresses. Its too easy to change the manager, spend another 200m and think only in the short term or in the next project. This is how weve achieved almost all our successes since 2012. Its at a tipping point for me now because weve almost exhausted every avenue in terms of hiring the top top managers like the Joses, Carlos, Contes. We need to look long term in a way, to look to utilise the academy players more and develop an identity. Winning trophies is great yes but the cycle this club seems to go through is win big trophies for a year or two and then at least 3 or 4 years going through huge ups and downs as well as many changes. There really cant be any other obvious explination for it other than complacency. When I look at the Barcelonas, Man Uniteds, Bayerns, Juventus' of past and present, I can sense that mindset of long term planning but its there along without losing that short term ambition. Yes we can hire Manager X, rejuvenate the squad for 6-18 months and then repeat that another year later. It will come to a point where its no longer sustainable, or perhaps it already has. 

The sort of planning and long term vision those clubs have has led to them all having hugely sustained periods of success in the last 20 years. Weve had a lot of success too yes but in the last 8 years or so weve had a lot of ups and downs. A lot down of it is down to poor planning and complacency. The top class managers now probably dont see Chelsea as being as attractive an option as they did 15 years ago because the demand is huge but theres little patience or vision.

On 11/02/2019 at 10:43 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Been thinking a lot the past few seasons about this so, lets be honest. This clubs downfall is a byproduct that has been because of its success. Complacency has kicked in all across the club because weve won a lot in the years Romans been here by doing things a certain way. Everyone is partially responsible. Players, managers and the board.

In recent years the players and managers seem to drop off every 2 seasons and theres no long term vision or real method of maintaining that success while the club actually progresses. Its too easy to change the manager, spend another 200m and think only in the short term or in the next project. This is how weve achieved almost all our successes since 2012. Its at a tipping point for me now because weve almost exhausted every avenue in terms of hiring the top top managers like the Joses, Carlos, Contes. We need to look long term in a way, to look to utilise the academy players more and develop an identity. Winning trophies is great yes but the cycle this club seems to go through is win big trophies for a year or two and then at least 3 or 4 years going through huge ups and downs as well as many changes. There really cant be any other obvious explination for it other than complacency. When I look at the Barcelonas, Man Uniteds, Bayerns, Juventus' of past and present, I can sense that mindset of long term planning but its there along without losing that short term ambition. Yes we can hire Manager X, rejuvenate the squad for 6-18 months and then repeat that another year later. It will come to a point where its no longer sustainable, or perhaps it already has. 

The sort of planning and long term vision those clubs have has led to them all having hugely sustained periods of success in the last 20 years. Weve had a lot of success too yes but in the last 8 years or so weve had a lot of ups and downs. A lot down of it is down to poor planning and complacency. The top class managers now probably dont see Chelsea as being as attractive an option as they did 15 years ago because the demand is huge but theres little patience or vision.

I would actually take this a step further and question that this may well be the end of the clubs cycle. It happens to every club that has a high and sustained level of success - Leeds in the 70's, Liverpool in the 80's, United in the 90's, Arsenal in the early 00's, us in the late 00's and early 10's and now looking to be City's turn.

It's easy to put blame on the board and they are by no means blameless, there have been big mistakes made. However I don't think it's highlighted enough just how great our team was in that period. 

Cech in his prime was a top 5 keeper in the world.

Terry in his prime had a genuine argument for best centre back in the world and likely the best leader and captain around.

Carvalho wasn't far behind Terry and was at a world class level.

Ashley Cole in his prime was the best left back in the world.

Makelele even in his 30's was the best holding midfielder in the world.

Essien would have gone down as one of the greatest Chelsea and Premier League midfielders if he didn't get ruined by injury but before that had a phenomenal and dominant couple of seasons.

Ballack, although perhaps no longer in his prime had the dominant, arrogant presence in that midfield.

Lampard, at the very least stats wise, was the best goal scoring midfielder of his generation (possibly ever) and for me the greatest Chelsea player of all time.

Drogba in his prime was the best striker of his type in the world

We had all of the above AT THE SAME TIME. Add on top of this players such as Gudjohnsen, Anelka, Robben, Duff, Malouda, Joe Cole, Gallas, etc who were all very good players and all made significant impacts to add to the above.

To start this whole process we also had a manager at the peak of his powers, who will go down as one of the greatest of all time.

Replacing all of these players sufficiently is next to impossible no matter what board you have and how much money you throw at the problem.

If we were all doing a greatest ever XI for Chelsea, most if not all of us would have 4-5 of the above players minimum in that team. The same as Liverpool would have the likes of Hansen, Souness, Rush and Dalglish; United would have Schmeichel, Keane, Scholes, Cantona, etc; Arsenal would have Vieira, Pires, Henry and Bergkamp; and City will likely have Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, etc.

Liverpool haven't won the league since their cycle, United and Arsenal the same. All under extended periods of time.

I actually think we've done pretty well to keep the success going and a couple of title wins at the back end of ours.

I have no doubts we'll come back again, but I think people also need to be realistic where we're at currently perhaps compared to someone like City. 

I can understand some having extremely short patience with the situation, a fair few on these forums have only ever seen the success. I still remember the early and mid 90's sides and my dad (and older members of the forum) remember the late 70's and 80's which was far worse. I have mates who are Liverpool fans who were too young to see their last title win. I also know Leeds supporters who were there in the 70's and look what they are going through now.

We should all strive for better and demand more, like every football fan of any club but sometimes you have to stop and simply appreciate that you've witnessed greatness and are lucky it's happened in our lifetime.

DDA, Vesper, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this