The Board

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

She is doing her job though. Bringing Morata and Giroud for Conte. If they play like shit is not her fault obviously.

Well, sounds like we're not in for any striker at the moment, so we have to accept Giroud, Morata and Bats as our striker this season.

Bats is off mate. Giroud MIGHT be too.

Leaves us with a bloke that thinks he is Elvis Costello!

Job?

More like desperation. 

Job gets done a long time ago not always wait till the end to panic. 

That's like 3 times in a row we do that. 

3 summers we do the same shenanigans. 

If anything it's just horrible from her. 

Yes ... we made 2 signings .. YAY!!! But should we be impressed in the way the Board or Marina went about handling the situation, well ... Hell NO!!! 

Lot us would be like we did sign good, potential players so why the fuss ... So what if it was late!!! Thats exactly the issue here. 

With a new manager on board (which in itself took a while to be on-boarded), why were we not able to get him the squad early. We should be aiming first 2 positions if not the top in the league which is right now dominated by City. Yes it takes time for transfers to happen but these players were already available on the first day just they are on the last day, also mind you we havent got Kepa on a cut price for buying in the end instead he's the most expensive goalkeeper. 

We can sing praises of Marina/board all we want after these 2 signing maybe more today but the fact stays that we're very inefficient in our operations at the club. Constant change in managers, no vision, transfers, issues in integrating youth, expansion r just a few. Chelsea as a club will have to really think about how effective we can become in all aspects.

I should be over the moon that we got 2 potential signings but then when I think that in 2-3 years time we would be doing the same makes me worried. 

Well ... maybe till then ... as always fingers crossed & :) 

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, Vybzkartel said:

Come on man we are scrambling for a new keeper 4 days before the start of the season. Please tell me how that is not incompetence at its best? Look at our signings since 2015 we have spent well over 500 million but our squad is worse off. 

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong in Denmark. I'm just saying you don't know, and I don't know for that matter, who is to blame.

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Yes ... we made 2 signings .. YAY!!! But should we be impressed in the way the Board or Marina went about handling the situation, well ... Hell NO!!! 

Lot us would be like we did sign good, potential players so why the fuss ... So what if it was late!!! Thats exactly the issue here. 

With a new manager on board (which in itself took a while to be on-boarded), why were we not able to get him the squad early. We should be aiming first 2 positions if not the top in the league which is right now dominated by City. Yes it takes time for transfers to happen but these players were already available on the first day just they are on the last day, also mind you we havent got Kepa on a cut price for buying in the end instead he's the most expensive goalkeeper. 

We can sing praises of Marina/board all we want after these 2 signing maybe more today but the fact stays that we're very inefficient in our operations at the club. Constant change in managers, no vision, transfers, issues in integrating youth, expansion r just a few. Chelsea as a club will have to really think about how effective we can become in all aspects.

I should be over the moon that we got 2 potential signings but then when I think that in 2-3 years time we would be doing the same makes me worried. 

Well ... maybe till then ... as always fingers crossed & :) 

First question then. How would you have resolved the head coach situation more quickly?

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

First question then. How would you have resolved the head coach situation more quickly?

Without the dingling dangling and waiting till eternity to sign. For me, Timing is the key and if what the reports says 2 m+ here or there (referring to financials) was the issue, then pay it & move forward. In the larger scheme of things, 2m would be just changes. Imagine Sarri coming in a month earlier along side the signings ... today we would be in a better position.

What is going to happen now is while Sarri tries to built and the results are not going in our favor (which it wouldnt), there would be unnecessary pressure from all corners on the coaching staff with loads of ideas thrown in. Rest I m sure u know what happens next ....

13 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Without the dingling dangling and waiting till eternity to sign. For me, Timing is the key and if what the reports says 2 m+ here or there (referring to financials) was the issue, then pay it & move forward. In the larger scheme of things, 2m would be just changes. Imagine Sarri coming in a month earlier along side the signings ... today we would be in a better position.

What is going to happen now is while Sarri tries to built and the results are not going in our favor (which it wouldnt), there would be unnecessary pressure from all corners on the coaching staff with loads of ideas thrown in. Rest I m sure u know what happens next ....

Follow up to question 1: If I told you I thought I knew more about how to run a football club that the people who actually do it I could hardly be surprised if you doubted me. For that reason I think it would be foolish to imagine that the rationale you described is not blindingly obvious to everyone, including officers of CFC. Even so it was not done. Whatever the reason, there had to be a reason. That's before we even get to questions about whether the facts you've read are accurate. They almost certainly are not.

We fans have virtually no information. The club has it all. Only if we had that information, and an intimate knowledge of the club's financial plans, could we make sensible decisions. Otherwise we're just guessing and blundering about in the dark. I read many post which claim, or imply, that dong the 'right' thing is easy. Clearly it isn't.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Follow up to question 1: If I told you I thought I knew more about how to run a football club that the people who actually do it I could hardly be surprised if you doubted me. For that reason I think it would be foolish to imagine that the rationale you described is not blindingly obvious to everyone. Even so it was not done. Whatever the reason, there had to be a reason and a compelling one at that. That's before we even get to questions about whether the facts you've read are accurate. They almost certainly are not.

We fans have virtually no information. The club has it all. Only if we had that information, and an intimate knowledge of the club's financial plans, could we make sensible decisions. Otherwise we're just guessing and blundering about in the dark.

I complete agree with the answer ... there is a distinct reason why they are there & we here. Whatever you mentioned is THE obvious. 

However if there are things which happens once or twice it can be passed off but if there is constant inefficiency then fans will voice it, come up with theories with whatever info or no info we have. Fans will voice their frustration, take out time and write/speak because they love their the club even if it means that no one in the officially capacity are going to hear them or there wouldnt be any solution. 

Isnt that the purpose of all these forums else we all will be only nodding our heads in agreement on what the club does. 

45 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I do think FROM WHAT WE HAVE READ that things could have been sorted quicker.

Sarris initial buyout was 8me. It ended yp that APPARENTLY we paid no monetary payment for him BUT Jorgis price ended up much more than was suffested.

We could have easily paid off Conti too. But now we will have a court battle bringing out our dirty wash and probably end up paying out of court plus all the expenses etc.

It could have gone quicker and smoother. But she had to play the tough cop!

WC year and early deadline day is deadly combination duo. Also late manager changes, Napoli's president stubbornness, Roman's visa, the snake's maneuver really didn't help at all. Almost all the 'problems' we're facing will not exist if our deadline day is 31st August alone.

So, here we are know, if we manage to sign Fekir, offloading DD/Baka in the process at deadline day, think we're doing quite well. Yes, some could be done quickly, but it's not walk in the park job that.

we all moan about Marina I would rather have her than Daniel levy he's making a balls up at Spurs [emoji23][emoji23] which is good to see [emoji23][emoji23]
Tbh I'd rather moan WITH Marina, than about her, if you know what I mean [emoji848]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk