Post-season review - Chelsea 2013/14

BlueLion.

Success or Failure?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the season went? Rate out of 5...

• 1/5 - a terrible season, we fell well short of expectations.
    • 2/5 - not a great season. Some positives but overall a disappointment.
    • 3/5 - average. Not bad for a team in transition but would have liked some silverware nonetheless!
    • 4/5 - good. A positive blueprint for the future has been laid, and there were some famous wins as well (6-0 vs Arsenal, 2-0 vs PSG, etc.)
    • 5/5 - exceeding expectations! I didn't think we'd come close to achieving what we did! Bring on next season!

I think I under estimated us and what this team is capable of, but after that yesterday and the team we fielded, to go to Anfield and beat them like we did, as well as being in the CL semis is a huge achievement. We are balancing right now, and to win on Sunday against the team that is supposedly the best around right now was huge, massive in fact.

The definitive answer is: failure.

mass

The definitive answer is: failure.

massive success ,, failure will be the next Olympics game .

at the start of the season people said the benchmark in CL was getting out of the Group or even making

the last 8 .. we did much more ..

Success in results,

but failure in playing as a team in attack. Can see another "transitional" year next season because we really have no clue how to attack as a team

True, no creativity...we sold two creative player, one is nowhere to be seen.

And we can't really string two passes together.

Let's see how Mourinho fix these problems this summer.

Can't go two seasons with this same conundrum.

I dont know why people are trying to convince themselves it was a success. Failure is part of football, and failure happens all the time in our lives. This season was a failure in so many aspects, but lets move one, we can take some positive things from what happened in last months, but it does not turn the season into successful one.

I dont know why people are trying to convince themselves it was a success. Failure is part of football, and failure happens all the time in our lives. This season was a failure in so many aspects, but lets move one, we can take some positive things from what happened in last months, but it does not turn the season into successful one.

It's a success cause at the beginning of the season most of us asked a top 3 with a Quarter/semis cl.

Objective reach.

Next season is when we need to challenge for all.

If next season we are in the same shit, like can't attack for shit then that will be a massive failure and Mourinho would have lost it.

But until we have not started next season, the team, the manager still deserved their shot for a second season.

Failure is if you don't achieve your targets . Jose clearly stated qualifying for CL and getting out of the group ,, Both achieved. btw you have NEVER been a Chelsea

fan ,, never donated cash to the forum ,, so wtf are you still here?

Overall if you look on the ambition and expectations side it is a failure. But if we are looking at this as a 'transitional' season(the word everyone love) it is a massive success. We have gone from CL spot battling teams to champion fighting team again under Jose. We also got the semi final of an incredibly hard CL(top 8 team were all the best in Europe bar maybe MU at the time). So in that sense it is a success.

Saying that if we repeat a season like this again next year with Diego Costa/Cavani/Mandzukic or whoever top class striker leading us Jose will probably be sacked/resign at the end. Next year we go again, we can do it next time around and we will surely have a better season in BPL too even though this one was quite good.

Did people really think it was a walk in the park for us tonight ..

I thought we had a chance ,, thought a better chance when Torres scored ,,, But they deserved their win tho I didnt agree with the penalty .

I just win fans on here could learn to take defeat as well as they can celebrate victory . Ive played competitive sport for over SIXTY years

some at professional level other sports at a high level and one at international level . You win some ,, you lose some .. Show respect to your

opponents and support to your colleagues

Did people really think it was a walk in the park for us tonight ..

I thought we had a chance ,, thought a better chance when Torres scored ,,, But they deserved their win tho I didnt agree with the penalty .

I just win fans on here could learn to take defeat as well as they can celebrate victory . Ive played competitive sport for over SIXTY years

some at professional level other sports at a high level and one at international level . You win some ,, you lose some .. Show respect to your

opponents and support to your colleagues

Naaa I think they were the better side, comprehensively outplayed us. I am sure the majority are disappointed too leading to a little bit of knee jerking reactions but they will regain their senses soon.