Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

De Bruyne is easily CFC quality, just never got a proper chance. I think Salah even played more minutes than him for us.

sorry, wasn't clear... didn't necessarily mean the 3 players i mentioned aren't chelsea quality but rather that for one reason or another, they ended up not working out ( kdb = attitude, moses = not enough quality, marin = not enough consistency)... at least imo

No reason this kid cannot force his way into a constant starting role next season for me. Hard work, determination and a good pre-season and anything is possible. No way I am writing off a player on half a season and based on cameo performances.

De Bruyne is easily CFC quality, just never got a proper chance. I think Salah even played more minutes than him for us.

Yeah, to be honest I felt more upset of his sale than mata's. He didn't get enough chances and if he stayed after mata left, he could've gotten a proper chance and maybe take it as well. Especially the period when Oscar was off form.

Think its a given he had a bad game Sunday, but his movement is terrific. Needs more time, lets not forget hazard went awol a couple of games this season as well.

I find it hard but it seems some want some players to fail . His finishing was terrible on Sunday ,, but was he the only one

I find it hard but it seems some want some players to fail . His finishing was terrible on Sunday ,, but was he the only one

Couple of goals under his belt start of 2014-15, confidence riding high, might even rub off on Torres.

Right, I'm being stupid now.

Criticism is fine as long as it is constructive, and not just generalising by saying this guy is "terrible" or "good". This is a young guy who has lot of potential and remember he scored more than once in Chelsea's net with his previous team. He is dangerous and knows how to find space. But for him to shine, he needs his mates to cope with his speed so they can use the chances he creates for them (thinking for instance about the couple of dangerous passes he made to Torres and Hazard against Cardiff) and reciprocally pass to him when he is moving quickly behind the opponent's lines. He definitely needs to improve his finishing which was obviously poor against Cardiff. Once this finishing issue is fixed (hopefully during pre-season) we will then see one of the most effective players in EPL next season. If he doesn't fix it, then we will most probably see him only on the bench or loaned to another team.

His finishing is dreadfull. Thats why I cant see him in first 11. Mou system bases on counters where all attackers (not just striker) must be capable of scoring goals and not being selfish. Salah is quite bad in finishing and asissting, thats why I dont think he will get into starting eleven. But he is good backup though.

His finishing is dreadfull. Thats why I cant see him in first 11. Mou system bases on counters where all attackers (not just striker) must be capable of scoring goals and not being selfish. Salah is quite bad in finishing and asissting, thats why I dont think he will get into starting eleven. But he is good backup though.

His finishing is not that bad .... you can watch his games with basel .... you just cant call a guy scored 3 goals in 4 games against chelsea "a bad fihisher "

he just need to gain some confidence , his start with basel was the same ... he missed tons of chances ... but with time he gained confidence and scored critical goals that made him the best player in swiss league for 2 years .

Firstly, that's a horrendous sample size you're basing your judgement on (unless you've watched him regularly for Basel, in which case, fair enough, that's your opinion). Secondly, to me, the issue doesn't seem to be finishing, rather his over-eagerness to impress. Whether that's down to nerves (big club, big manager, expectations etc) or dodgy decision making (inexperience at this level) is up for debate. The quality is there, as evidenced by the finish vs Arsenal (and us), for example.

Give him time. We signed him in the middle of the season from a much weaker league. He seemed to be nervous and selfish sometimes, obviously he wanted to impress Mourinho. He'll be better.