Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Army takes people starting at the age of 18 unless he is still studying. If the army wanted him they would have taken him 3 years ago. Furthermore he would have not been able to continue playing for Basel or make the transfer to Chelsea if the army wanted him. The kid simply knows that football careers are short and he needs to do something afterwards.

You as an egyptian must know there are alot of cases that army can give you a postponement or what we re calling " t2gel " ... and if we were not in a football forum i would explain those cases

Its not a secret seif ...most football players in egypt did the same ... emad meteb was studying until he got 29 :D

tell me the last time you heard about an egyptian football player that joined the army ...!?

Most of them register in any private university or institute and keep studying until they re 30 ... they 're not actually studying :D

they just pay the anuual money to the university to be registered ... salah joined a very cheap institute that wont cost him that much , he will pay like a 1000$/year

surely the fact that he lives in England (or if he lived in any other country) takes him out of the Egyptian army`s reach.

could understand it if he still played in Egypt but don`t see how he can be forced to leave England by the Egyptian army.

surely the fact that he lives in England (or if he lived in any other country) takes him out of the Egyptian army`s reach.

could understand it if he still played in Egypt but don`t see how he can be forced to leave England by the Egyptian army.

you cannot renew your passport if the military has you on the wanted list. So basically he will not be able to go back to Egypt until he is 30 yrs old. And once his passport expires he can't travel anywhere. Starting from the age of 18 his passport would only be valid for one year. Has to keep renewing it on annual basis unless he is exempted from military duty. I had to go through that for a looooong time.

You as an egyptian must know there are alot of cases that army can give you a postponement or what we re calling " t2gel " ... and if we were not in a football forum i would explain those cases

Its not a secret seif ...most football players in egypt did the same ... emad meteb was studying until he got 29 :D

tell me the last time you heard about an egyptian football player that joined the army ...!?

Most of them register in any private university or institute and keep studying until they re 30 ... they 're not actually studying :D

they just pay the anuual money to the university to be registered ... salah joined a very cheap institute that wont cost him that much , he will pay like a 1000$/year

it is possible but not necessary the case. As an Egyptian you know that usually the military recalls officers or soldiers who already have served. Usually if he is not called for duty by the age of 18, he never will. But we never know

you cannot renew your passport if the military has you on the wanted list. So basically he will not be able to go back to Egypt until he is 30 yrs old. And once his passport expires he can't travel anywhere. Starting from the age of 18 his passport would only be valid for one year. Has to keep renewing it on annual basis unless he is exempted from military duty. I had to go through that for a looooong time.

sounds really harsh. really doubt Salah will have to face it tho..without knowing much about the Egyptian national side i presume he is their best player.

i was in the Army in the 90`s but was fully my choice. i do think they should bring back national service in the u.k. but not just to enter the military,just make sure that everybody is doing something good for their country

sounds really harsh. really doubt Salah will have to face it tho..without knowing much about the Egyptian national side i presume he is their best player.

i was in the Army in the 90`s but was fully my choice. i do think they should bring back national service in the u.k. but not just to enter the military,just make sure that everybody is doing something good for their country

It is like that in a lot of countries. Look at Park Chu Young from Arsenal. Most people get a way out of it, but not always.