Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I'm more worried how quickly people want to write him off based on half a season. Of course people have opinions but what is also needed is patience at the same time.

Hahahahahahahaha....patience. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

His finishing is dreadfull. Thats why I cant see him in first 11. Mou system bases on counters where all attackers (not just striker) must be capable of scoring goals and not being selfish. Salah is quite bad in finishing and asissting, thats why I dont think he will get into starting eleven. But he is good backup though.

His finish against Arsenal was fantastic, as were the goals against us. What he seems to be is inconsistent which (for the millionth time) is what young players tend to be.

Like Schurrle, I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting into these positions but he does and that's something that is much harder to teach than actually finishing chances. Mourinho always said he was one for the future so people need to just give these young players time and support them in the tough periods.

Immediately writing him off as a backup is, well, shit.

Firstly, that's a horrendous sample size you're basing your judgement on (unless you've watched him regularly for Basel, in which case, fair enough, that's your opinion). Secondly, to me, the issue doesn't seem to be finishing, rather his over-eagerness to impress. Whether that's down to nerves (big club, big manager, expectations etc) or dodgy decision making (inexperience at this level) is up for debate. The quality is there, as evidenced by the finish vs Arsenal (and us), for example.

i'm watching the kid since he was here in egypt in a small team called " al mokawlon " ....

he tried to join big clubs here in egypt " for free " ... he was rejected because his body was so weak to play football " they said "

Then he joined basel and was a sub for along time .... he started some games and missed alot of chances ... some of basel fans hated the guy ..... and some said it was a waste of money .... they compared him to shaqiri who they sold ....

basel coach trusted the guy ... and gave him confidence .... the guy did great and became better than shaqiri for basel .... and he got his place in the starting 11 ... won the best player in swiss league for 2 years

I see the same story happening again.... but with a tough league , better team , harsh fans and high expectaions .

Criticism is fine as long as it is constructive, and not just generalising by saying this guy is "terrible" or "good". This is a young guy who has lot of potential and remember he scored more than once in Chelsea's net with his previous team. He is dangerous and knows how to find space. But for him to shine, he needs his mates to cope with his speed so they can use the chances he creates for them (thinking for instance about the couple of dangerous passes he made to Torres and Hazard against Cardiff) and reciprocally pass to him when he is moving quickly behind the opponent's lines. He definitely needs to improve his finishing which was obviously poor against Cardiff. Once this finishing issue is fixed (hopefully during pre-season) we will then see one of the most effective players in EPL next season. If he doesn't fix it, then we will most probably see him only on the bench or loaned to another team.

Excellent first post :clap:

I've got to ask though .. does anyone see him as one of the starting XI on CL level?!

My opinion is .. with his current form .. ABSOLUTELY NOT! .. if we intend to fight for the title or at least a place in the final .. we need consistent players (our biggest weakness) and Salah till now didn't prove any thing and his young age gives me a major doubt that he can be consistent even with a good pre-season preparation .. I'd go for Schurrle over him every time! .. unless his form gets a huge boost with finishing , heading , crosses and weak leg play .. he's no match for clinincal Schurrle .. as for Salah playing in Oscar's place .. every time he plays there he kinda disappears at times .. I'd take Willian and Oscar over him to create more dangerous opportunities and shoot more from outside the box ..

in the league or the cups we can use a rotation system .. but CL level .. I think he'll be a sub unless he surprises me with some consistent miraculous performances that keep my mouth open for a decade!

what do u think?!

I've got to ask though .. does anyone see him as one of the starting XI on CL level?!

My opinion is .. with his current form .. ABSOLUTELY NOT! .. if we intend to fight for the title or at least a place in the final .. we need consistent players (our biggest weakness) and Salah till now didn't prove any thing and his young age gives me a major doubt that he can be consistent even with a good pre-season preparation .. I'd go for Schurrle over him every time! .. unless his form gets a huge boost with finishing , heading , crosses and weak leg play .. he's no match for clinincal Schurrle .. as for Salah playing in Oscar's place .. every time he plays there he kinda disappears at times .. I'd take Willian and Oscar over him to create more dangerous opportunities and shoot more from outside the box ..

in the league or the cups we can use a rotation system .. but CL level .. I think he'll be a sub unless he surprises me with a miraculous performance that keeps my mouth open for a decade!

what do u think?!

Did you see what he did for Basel in Europe in the last two years?

In regards to consistency, he is still young. I can't think of an attacking CFC player last year who was consistent, par Hazard at the start of the season.

Next year will be defining for me!

Did you see what he did for Basel in Europe in the last two years?

In regards to consistency, he is still young. I can't think of an attacking CFC player last year who was consistent, par Hazard at the start of the season.

Next year will be defining for me!

Yes , I saw him this year .. he was their biggest hope in all the matches .. but didn't show up againt Schalke or Steoa like he did against Chelsea .. he was good though but not amazing ..

he yet has to prove that he earns a starting place and not only for the sake of rotation .. with his pace and potential he should be able to do much much more! I think he's going to be one of our most valuable assets but only if he committed to being one of the best .. look at Reus! he was weaker on physical basis the season before .. watch his composure now!

I think Salah isn't gonna develop as fast I'm afraid .. but evenually will .. so I keep my expectations for him at the level of leaving some print in the league or cup/s or all of them .. but not the CL ..

I really wish for him to step up massively .. but what I expect is different from what I wish

Yes , I saw him this year .. he was their biggest hope in all the matches .. but didn't show up againt Schalke or Steoa like he did against Chelsea .. he was good though but not amazing ..

he yet has to prove that he earns a starting place and not only for the sake of rotation .. with his pace and potential he should be able to do much much more! I think he's going to be one of our most valuable assets but only if he committed to being one of the best .. look at Reus! he was weaker on physical basis the season before .. watch his composure now!

I think Salah isn't gonna develop as fast I'm afraid .. but evenually will .. so I keep my expectations for him at the level of leaving some print in the league or cup/s or all of them .. but not the CL ..

I really wish for him to step up massively .. but what I expect is different from what I wish

You have to believe. He has the determination to succed.

Interview with salah

Our Egyptian winger is the latest member of the squad to face the Selector, where the player is tasked with placing six subjects into the categories first, last, best, worst, easiest and hardest…

FIRST
Game. The first game I started was for Al-Mokawloon and I scored a goal. It was in Cairo, three years ago now. It finished 1-1 and we were playing against Ah-Ahly who are one of the biggest teams in Egypt. It was a great memory.

LAST
TV. I watch everything on Egyptian TV, I have it at home. I always watch Egyptian news channels so I can keep up to date with everything happening back home.

BEST
Opponent. Azpi is a good player and he always fights for the ball. I played against him last year, I have that experience and now I play with him. I also scored against him though when I was playing for Basel!

0,,10268~12850798,00.jpg

WORST
Music. To be honest I don't really listen to music. (But Nemanja Music suggested you listen to music in the dressing room...) Yes but that's not music, it's Islamic but you can't call it music. In fact, I cannot explain what it is!

EASIEST
Holiday. My favourite holiday is to Egypt, to my very small town. I think there are only 5,000 people there. When I'm there I like to be with my friends, I like to go outside and joke with all the people. I love it.

HARDEST
Training. When I came to Chelsea the first two weeks were difficult because it's a different life, everything is difficult, and you are playing with some of the best players in the world for one of the biggest teams in the world. It wasn't easy to train then, but it has got easier.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3845079/title/the-selector-mohamed-salah

Mohamed salah registered today in a university in egypt and he stated " i'm interested in completing my education "

But as an egyptian , i know that he did this to not join the mandatory military service in egypt

alot of football players here in egypt do the same

Mohamed salah registered today in a university in egypt and he stated " i'm interested in completing my education "

But as an egyptian , i know that he did this to not join the mandatory military service in egypt

alot of football players here in egypt do the same

Army takes people starting at the age of 18 unless he is still studying. If the army wanted him they would have taken him 3 years ago. Furthermore he would have not been able to continue playing for Basel or make the transfer to Chelsea if the army wanted him. The kid simply knows that football careers are short and he needs to do something afterwards.

Come on Seif,

Salah is ready to play football for 8 more years. If he makes 50 thou a week x 12 months x 8 years. A millionaire who could invest his money & visit Sharm El Sheif for snorkeling monthly.

Sounds good to me :). But just in case he gets a nasty injury that stops him from being a millionaire, a plan B is not a very bad idea.