Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

He would LOVE to take 22. It is the number of his role model Abu Traika. That is why he took it in Basel and after Traika retired, he took it in the national team. But like you said, it depends on Willian.

Maybe Willian is switching to 8 and Salah gets his preferred 22? Willian doesn't really look like an 8 to me so I don't know.

Could also be a sign of Drogba coming back, he did wear number 15 in his first couple of years at the club so he could be taking that back with Salah just getting 17 or some other free number.

Or maybe the rumours of Salah having to join the army were true after all and he's getting no number at all. :ph34r:

Maybe Willian is switching to 8 and Salah gets his preferred 22? Willian doesn't really look like an 8 to me so I don't know.

Could also be a sign of Drogba coming back, he did wear number 15 in his first couple of years at the club so he could be taking that back with Salah just getting 17 or some other free number.

Or maybe the rumours of Salah having to join the army were true after all and he's getting no number at all. :ph34r:

Naaa, already rumors in the Egyptian press that this military issue is on its way to be solved. :)

Willian - 8

Salah - 22

Drogba - 15

Everyone's happy.

I'm just waiting for Marin to demand the 21 back from Matic.

Regardless of the number, I really hope they would just perform well next season. Numbers shouldn't effect them as far as I am concerned. :)

Naaa, already rumors in the Egyptian press that this military issue is on its way to be solved. :)

I know, I don't believe for a second they would actually force him to go.

We also have mandatory military service here in Finland and athletes pretty much get a free pass if they want but for some reason some of them still decide to go, for example former Chelsea man Mikael Forssell did go at the age of 27.

I know, I don't believe for a second they would actually force him to go.

We also have mandatory military service here in Finland and athletes pretty much get a free pass if they want but for some reason some of them still decide to go, for example former Chelsea man Mikael Forssell did go at the age of 27.

Possibly, there are some extra benefits you get in Finland if you join the military? I don't know, but I know that is the case in the U.S. They get nothing what so ever in Egypt though. You get an exemption if you are drafted as a soldier ( not an officer) and when you pass the age of 30.

Possibly, there are some extra benefits you get in Finland if you join the military? I don't know, but I know that is the case in the U.S. They get nothing what so ever in Egypt though. You get an exemption if you are drafted as a soldier ( not an officer) and when you pass the age of 30.

Nah, there's no advantages whatsoever and it's just a huge waste of everyone's time and most of all the taxpayers' money because let's face it, who the fuck is interested in going to war with Finland? ^_^

He's changing numbers by the looks of things, any idea which he'll take? He had 22 at Basel but that one's already taken so unless Willian is changing too, I can't see any decent numbers available to him except Hazard's old 17. Surely he's not getting number 8.

I think you misunderstood that, by "last" he didnt mean "last game ever" , but the "most recent" game imo

Willian - 8

Salah - 22

Drogba - 15

Everyone's happy.

I'm just waiting for Marin to demand the 21 back from Matic.

I'd like to see some kid from the academy, like McEachran or Swift or Baker(a CM), if they ever become Chelsea level or a marquee signing get the No.8 shirt. Wiilian 8 is going to suck.