Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool

Jase

Man of the Match  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

great effort today by the Blues.

we might want to acknowledge that the early Liverpool goal might have served Chelsea well (along with a diving shot by Eto'o, A STRIKER SCORING).

Eto'o looked fine... Chelsea could use a new striker, BUT THE WEAK PART OF THIS SQUAD IS STILL GLARING IN CENTRE MID AND FULLBACK (not Azpi).

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely perfect match by the boys.

We played very well the whole match, never looked really threatened imo, although they did have a few chances, and for a change we didn't have a bad 2nd half. It wasn't as good as the first, but it was a solid one imo.

Hazard is my motm (still don't see a poll to vote) and it's amazing to finally see Eden on fire. Oscar was absolutely brilliant, a second motm imo. Thank God he's finally fit again and I can't help but notice how well we've been playing since he's been fulfilling his role in the team again. When he wasn't playing or he was in bad form, we've suffered, now he's recovered and so are we.

Luiz can't play in DM imo. Yes, we needed him there today and I supported Mourinho's choice, but he proved imo why he is indeed a CB and not a DM. He was lost in his positioning a few times, still had some clueless marking a few times. The positive of him in this position is how he adds up to our attack. His pass at the end of the second half for Hazard (or was it Eto'o?), and the way he dribbled the guy marking him was mouth watering. But please, back to CB now (although imo Cahill continues to play better than him).

Our defense was flawless, I don't blame them in that lucky Skrtel goal. We were unlucky. Lampard, Willian, Mikel, Eto'o were all good, although nothing special. Cole started shaky - as I expected, but he didn't compromise defensively (as I expected), so I'm thankful for that. And how great it's to watch Azpili on the right ;)

And once again the team and Mourinho shut up some fans here who were once again so sure we'd lose. I hope to meet a better reaction than I saw here after the Arsenal match.

Great game, I liked first half more because Mou pulled us back a little in the second half. Defending was still questionable at times but I loved how everyone battled so hard.

A victory vs Lpool is especialy sweet and Hazard, woah, finaly he started to shoot and dribble on regular basis, cant wait to see more of him next year :D