Marco van Ginkel

Spike

So khedira is coming ?

Looks like salah and cech are also going...

Out: Cech, salah. Van ginkel

in : di maria . Khedira

anyone ?

Doubt we'll sign another CM/AM. We have enough. MVG will free a non-HG spot if Cech leaves too. If we sign anyone, it should be a striker or a CB.

So khedira is coming ?

Looks like salah and cech are also going...

Out: Cech, salah. Van ginkel

in : di maria . Khedira

anyone ?

Out: Salah, Ginkel, Torres

In: top 2nd striker, Di Maria, Khedira

Would make us too strong for anyone.

I'd rather Mikel's contract was just terminated. Not that it would happen.

yeah, we seem to be willing to ship away one of our potential good young players because a guy wants a passport.

I didn't know we became a charity institution. I mean, if it doesn't come as a sacrifice for the club, okay, keep Mikel there so he can get his English passport, but now we're sacrificing a young talent because of a damn passport? They play the same position, Mikel wasn't that much used last season, with Cesc in the team, Ramires could be a direct substitute to Matic as well. The obvious player to leave in the midfield - for loan or offloaded - was Mikel but it seems we won't make it because of a passport...

"According to Sky Sport Italia, the Rossoneri made a formal request to take the 21-year-old midfielder on a one-year loan, possibly with an option to buy."

Milan wouldn't be the worst option for him.

if we do that we're stupid... we shouldn't make any definitive deal with a 21-yo with tons of potential...

if we do that we're stupid... we shouldn't make any definitive deal with a 21-yo with tons of potential...

Yeah, I don't want to lose him either, and I doubt the club does. A 1-year loan at Milan wouldn't be that bad. Milan don't have much money, so they give young players a chance. He should get enough playing time.

How good do you reckon Van Ginkel can be?

better than Mikel... he has a lot of potential and long term replacement for Matic if he continues to develop well. I don't mind Mikel staying, but if it's at the expense of van Ginkel leaving, I think it's stupid. If it's not related, then okay... Matic won't play all games even in the EPL... if last year Mourinho used Marco in a UCL match, why this year couldn't he use whenever Matic is unavailable or rested?

better than Mikel... he has a lot of potential and long term replacement for Matic if he continues to develop well. I don't mind Mikel staying, but if it's at the expense of van Ginkel leaving, I think it's stupid. If it's not related, then okay... Matic won't play all games even in the EPL... if last year Mourinho used Marco in a UCL match, why this year couldn't he use whenever Matic is unavailable or rested?

I'm not sure of that. I love Van Ginkel he looks more like a jack of all, master of none. CM who doesn't do anything exceptionally... I think if he goes on loan to Milan it can help his development quite a bit, whereas staying at Chelsea, especially after a year of no football, could really stunt his growth.

Mikel plays the type of game that doesn't necessarily need a lot of match sharpness to deliver if called upon. I'd rather have a guy who's played in big games on the bench than a guy who is 21 yr old who hasn't played a lot of football let alone top flight.

This is a title challenge we need experience on the bench, although having said that I wouldn't mind having Van Ginkel on the squad as an option either.

He could go out on a short-term loan and then come back when Mikel fucks off (hopefully permanently) to Africa for the ACON in January. In our new system he actually seems to be the type of midfielder we need to come in for Oscar or Fabregas and I think he could thrive in that system.

Would still like to keep him around and give him minutes but he's probably fifth choice behind Ramires and the three who started against Burnley at the moment.