Fernando Torres

Happy for him, for months now he's had 'near' perfect games where he does everything except from scoring, but today he finally did it all.

Just have to hope he has no intention of stopping, we need him in this run of games, 'cos Drogba can't start every game every 3 days.

So you would rather play the biggest flop in Football History to keep his confidence going, than keep our chance of winning an important game ? Last time I checked it was Chelsea FC, not Torres FC.

And i think to be fair to the guy he showed today he is a team player and doesnt think of him self as torres fc, he had a cracking game today and should defo be rewarded with a start midweek and too right keep his confidence up he earned that today 110% start for me wednesday !

Torres played brilliant today 2 goals 2 assists.. and the awareness that SB was behind him..Well Done Sir! :cfc:

I dunno if any other of our strikers would have passed up a chance for a hattrick at the end of a game like Torres did today.. Well played thats the spirit we need in the club right now all for one..

The two goal droughts he has had in Chelsea colours, at the start of both of them there were games against Liverpool early on.

Could it be Liverpool games that seem to demorilise his confidence? if that the case then maybe we should consider keeping him well away from the game at Anfield in May.

I see your point. What about starting Fernando on the wing intstead of Daniel?

We aren't in a position where we can afford to make gambles. If we are truly aiming to end up in the top four, then we should stick to the safest choices. Untill now, the Drogba-Torres partnership is yet to be proved as a good one. Hence we shouldn't start him.

Last time I checked Torres outplayed Danny by a country mile in our last two games, and based on the fact of form and play that would merit Torres playing over him.

Excuse me ? Torres outplayed Danni Sturridge in the Napoli game ? This isn't true. Torres has been praised for the same amount of work rate that Sturridge had done, though he has only got labeled as a greedy player. Furthermore Torres didn't managed to put the ball in an empty goal.

And i think to be fair to the guy he showed today he is a team player and doesnt think of him self as torres fc, he had a cracking game today and should defo be rewarded with a start midweek and too right keep his confidence up he earned that today 110% start for me wednesday !

Is it because he showed he was a team player that he has to start the next game ? No, not at all. If that was the case, Kalou, Bosingwa and Ferreira would also deserve to start games. And the fact he had a good game today shouldn't guarentee him to start the next game. Why ? Because what did he do in the games before ? He did fuck all except to have spend a whole day without scoring. No players should enter the first team right away just because they had a good game against a side coming from the Championship obscurity. He has to prove he is worth to come back in the starting eleven. He is yet to prove that. To prove he is worth it, he has to play good in few games in a row, and preferably against better sides than Leicester.

Excuse me ? Torres outplayed Danni Sturridge in the Napoli game ? This isn't true. 1.

He did fuck all except to have spend a whole day without scoring. No players should enter the first team right away just because they had a good game against a side coming from the Championship obscurity. 2.

1. You're one of the few people that i've seen disagree with this.

2. And Sturridge has not scored in the league since December, and only has one goal against Championship side Birmingham since then. :rolleyes:

I would have no problem if Torres doesn't start the next game, that is for RDM to decide, just disagree with the arguments made against him starting.

So does Bobby drop him for Citeh for the fresh and rested Drogs or does he need to keep him in and try and build on the confidence that SHOULD have been restored today?

He could play Drogba for Man City and then play Torres next wek end against Spurs, that would keep both fresh.

We aren't in a position where we can afford to make gambles. If we are truly aiming to end up in the top four, then we should stick to the safest choices. Untill now, the Drogba-Torres partnership is yet to be proved as a good one. Hence we shouldn't start him.

Excuse me ? Torres outplayed Danni Sturridge in the Napoli game ? This isn't true. Torres has been praised for the same amount of work rate that Sturridge had done, though he has only got labeled as a greedy player. Furthermore Torres didn't managed to put the ball in an empty goal.

That was not a sitter torres missed against napoli at all, thats extremly harsh to high light that

Is it because he showed he was a team player that he has to start the next game ? No, not at all. If that was the case, Kalou, Bosingwa and Ferreira would also deserve to start games. And the fact he had a good game today shouldn't guarentee him to start the next game. Why ? Because what did he do in the games before ? He did fuck all except to have spend a whole day without scoring. No players should enter the first team right away just because they had a good game against a side coming from the Championship obscurity. He has to prove he is worth to come back in the starting eleven. He is yet to prove that. To prove he is worth it, he has to play good in few games in a row, and preferably against better sides than Leicester.

Torres has gave 110 % IMO every time he has got game time, he has been in and out and think he deserves to start wednesday on the fact of the effort he puts in every game and the fact he got two goals today, MOTM hands down today, he has not had 1 good game and he is a super star, he has tried and it didnt happen for him, it did today so what it was Leicester, can only beat and score who is in front of you, two more goals he didnt have before !! the Drogba/Torres did work against napoli IMO and a lot of others, we looked to be more of a group now and thats a good thing, I think Sturridge can have a massive input against city coming on from the bench and be a team player. The thing with Sturridge is he is young and looking to impress and has been pretty much shoot on site for months now, its not a bad thing at all, i think he will be our number 1 striker, just not yet he needs to mature learn how to use that right foot just aswell as his left and become the compleat player, IMO at the moment whats going to win us the FA cup, top 4 finish (im hoping for 3rd) and dare i say win the champions leauge is everyone working AS A TEAM, and with sturridge age and selfishness (which i feel is a good thing just not at the moment) Torres would get my vote to start against city. Lets get him rolling, got another goal wednesday, the next game get a few under his belt then when/if we make a final this season we have a confident Torres that we have faith in to be a match winner and them shit arse piss take photos/comedy pictures of how Torres cant score will be forgotten and we have the Torres that used to score for jokes !!! And id just like to say on hearing he wanted to show is Tshirt for fabrice, all i can say to that is release a statemnet at the end of the game go to a camera and show it ! that to me is silly but wish all the best to fabrice and his family and hope he pulls through