Chelsea lodge complaint about Clattenberg

bababoom

Might as well create a thread for this...

we have lodged a complaint over inappropriate language used by Clattenberg towards two of our players (Media saying Mata and Mikel) in today's game.

http://www.dailymail...a-complain.html

The daily mail are saying Clattenberg is being accused of aiming a racist insult at Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel.

I'm still trying to get my head around it, it's hard to believe a referee would say those things... but who knows.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothings going to happen and this will backfire on us somehow with Mikel & Mata getting suspended for a few games.

The FA can't just ignore this after they had audaciously suspended JT. Also, Chelsea is a massively influential club like all other big clubs, so I reckon Clattenburg will lose his job now one way or another. But I don't think he should lose his job because he said those things, (if he had that is) although he clearly demonstrated earlier that he desperately lacks the professional abilities as an official.

Wow...very interested to see what happens with this. My bet is it goes nowhere unless a ManU player heard something. Also, don't think Spanish is an ethnicity. There's not difference to me iIf someone called me a Canadian twat or just a twat. Calling Mikel a monkey would be something else entirely.

The FA can't just ignore this after they had audaciously suspended JT. Also, Chelsea is a massively influential club like all other big clubs, so I reckon Clattenburg will lose his job now one way or another. But I don't think he should lose his job because he said those things, (if he had that is) although he clearly demonstrated earlier that he desperately lacks the professional abilities as an official.

You're having a laugh if you think the FA give a shit.

If proven true, he'll lose his job. He got fired in 09 for those threatening emails. This would be the last straw.

But it'll end up as. 'Chelsea players angry at decisions fire accusations at ref in the heat of the moment' and it will never be bought up again

I wouldnt expect that from ref, but for no reason, Chelsea wouldnt put complaint. However, even if it was something or not, nothing is going to happen, because of lack of evidence...

It could also be somekind sneky revenge from cfc towards clattenburg for his shitty refereeng and a warning not to fuck with chelsea or he will lose his yob.

There's a new cunt in the house!

On the pitch he is known for a chatty, matey style with the players that rubs them up the wrong way at times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2224576/Mark-Clattenburg-controversial-referee.html?ITO=1490

Won't be surprised if it's true.

Wow...very interested to see what happens with this. My bet is it goes nowhere unless a ManU player heard something. Also, don't think Spanish is an ethnicity. There's not difference to me iIf someone called me a Canadian twat or just a twat. Calling Mikel a monkey would be something else entirely.

Spanish is defo an ethnicity. Furthermore, the FA rules regarding verbal abuse include reference to one's country of origin.

There's not difference to me iIf someone called me a Canadian twat or just a twat.

I agree, but to some people it makes a world of a difference. For instance, JT might have been able to call Anton a cunt in a very broad sense, but he allegedly used a slightly more precise term, 'black cunt', and people flipped shit about it.

Good to see the club are doing something, about time someone stands up against the man united muppets. I actually believe that those remarks were nothing special, but the club decided to fuck the FA over how they have fucked us over. Had everything been fine and had we won, I don't think we'd be doing this. Of course he won't be punished, that's pretty much a guarantee, but media coverage is a good start.