Chelsea lodge complaint about Clattenberg

bababoom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have done without it but since the FA pursued it after JT was found not guilty in a court then fuck him.

Spanish twat is exactly the same as black cunt - both racially motivated and both derogatory - Spanish/black makes no odds and a cunt and a twat are the same thing.

If he called Mikel a monkey then that's a racially motivated breach of the peace too. If its good enough for us then its good enough for him.

Exactly, i doubt he got reported for saying that. I find it extremely hard to believe he was racist, but if we reported him then i reckon he must have said something bad at some point, but that wouldn't count.

The racist slur was against Mikel, not Torres or Mata.

We could have done without it but since the FA pursued it after JT was found not guilty in a court then fuck him.

Spanish twat is exactly the same as black cunt - both racially motivated and both derogatory - Spanish/black makes no odds and a cunt and a twat are the same thing.

If he called Mikel a monkey then that's a racially motivated breach of the peace too. If its good enough for us then its good enough for him.

Sorry, but it does not make any sense.

Black: race.

Spanish: nationality.

Thats why the alleged racist slur was against Mikel, not against any spanish player in the squad.

Probably swore a couple of times or players misheard him. No way he would have made racist remarks. If he did, I'm 100% positive the player would have went apeshit when it happened because you don't expect that from a ref.

I just hate when ppl make those comments. How do u know that? And do you really think Mata would make something like that up?

I just hate when ppl make those comments. How do u know that? And do you really think Mata would make something like that up?

More importantly why would they go apeshit? The whole problem is here is their all meant to be paid enough to be professional and clatternburg was the opposite.

That's a very broad definition which means that ethnicity is just a synonym for nationality. I don't agree (and neither do all dictionaries). I would say that Basque is an ethnicity and Catalan is an ethnicity but Spanish is a nationality. Azpilicueta comes from a Basque region with Basque cultures, and a Basque language. How is he of the same cultural heritage as say Mata or Busquets? It becomes a an absolutely meaningless.term. Anyways, my broader point is that what the ref was alleged to have said to Mata is not of the same seriousness as what he is alleged to have said to Mikel. (Not disputing that it isn't acceptable).

Ethnicity is not a synonym for nationality. Nationality is derived from one's origin to a particular nation state e.g American (USA), Spanish (Spain), British (England) etc. Ethnicity is about a group and its shared interests and connections hence language, dress, lifestyle (culture,norms) etc would indicate one's ethnicity. This group can range from a group of ppl from a particular region, nation, community, a workplace,a football team etc. basically there can be many ethnicities existing within one nation state. Since culture isn't the only aspect of one's ethnicity it is possible for Mata, Azpilicueta etc to share a cultural heritage which would be a part of the wider cultural heritage of the Spanish nationality and still be of differing ethnicities. Also one does not have to belong to a particular nation state to be seen as being part of that ethnicity so you can be British (nationality) and belong to the Basque ethnic group. Ethnicity is not static.

Ethnicity is not a synonym for nationality. Nationality is derived from one's origin to a particular nation state e.g American (USA), Spanish (Spain), British (England) etc. Ethnicity is about a group and its shared interests and connections hence language, dress, lifestyle (culture,norms) etc would indicate one's ethnicity. This group can range from a group of ppl from a particular region, nation, community, a workplace,a football team etc. basically there can be many ethnicities existing within one nation state. Since culture isn't the only aspect of one's ethnicity it is possible for Mata, Azpilicueta etc to share a cultural heritage which would be a part of the wider cultural heritage of the Spanish nationality and still be of differing ethnicities. Also one does not have to belong to a particular nation state to be seen as being part of that ethnicity so you can be British (nationality) and belong to the Basque ethnic group. Ethnicity is not static.

Plus ethnicity is different from "race". Race is more generic than ethnicity, if you call someone black, you dont want to know if he is from Ethiopia, Kenya or Nigeria. These 3 countries have distinctive ethinic groups as their major population.

Chinese and korean are two distinctive ethnic groups, but in the west we think they have the same race.

Plus ethnicity is different from "race". Race is more generic than ethnicity, if you call someone black, you dont want to know if he is from Ethiopia, Kenya or Nigeria. These 3 countries have distinctive ethinic groups as their major population.

Chinese and korean are two distinctive ethnic groups, but in the west we think they have the same race.

Race is often seen as phenotypical meaning it's identify by physical attributes (body shapes, skin colour etc) and biological make up. I didn't mention race frankly because I don't believe in the word race and how it is defined. It's a social construct that to me has no relevant meaning because at the DNA level all humans are same.

But yes, you would be correct in saying that it does not correctly identify one's nationality or ethnicity but is often used as a way of doing so.

snapback.png

Henrique, on 29 October 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

http://www.dailymail...ow-erupted.html

Wow, it seems Luiz and Ramires are the ones that heard the racial slur.

Does Ramires even speak english? I know Luiz has learned quite a lot of it. So Mikel didn't not even hear this alleged abuse taking place. I can easily see this going to a "Luiz and Ramires misunderstood" saga. Of course Man u players are not going to be helpful...someone actually expected them to lmbo.

And this is what we were all waiting for, the moment this turns against us: Apparently someone from our team told the ref: "I'll break your fu**ing legs". Now to just sit around, wait for Cuntenburg to be cleared and our player receive a ban..

http://www.101greatgoals.com/comment-analysis-round-up/chelseas-ramires-luiz-say-clattenburg-racially-slurred-mikel-ref-argues-he-said-nothing-was-told-ill-fg-break-your-legs/

I´ve got a bad feeling about this. The whole story isn´t boding particulary well, is it.

I think it is a loose-loose situation really.

If Clattenberg was to be found guilty that would be an absolute shocker and, personally speaking, would dampen my attitude towards football. A ref found guilty of racism towards a black player and a spanish player, that is really the icing on the cake. So on one hand I really whish that Cl. didn´t say such things.

On the other hand if Clattenberg was to be found not guilty, Chelsea are in even deeper shit. Not only had we had Terry-Gate then, Clatten-gate would be even worse. Chelsea ,after loosing a vital match because of reffing, then filing a complaint about racist language to get back at the FA ? I really, really, really hope not! Although Mata and Mikel seem to be credible players and I can´t see why eitherone would make such things up or say something unsenseable given the context.

Fast forward to...

...Clattenburg cleared and the book being thrown at Chelsea player/s.

There is no chance of Clattenburg being found guilty - The FA cannot allow such a scenario to exist. Mikel will receive a long ban for the (accusation).

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...