Oscar

themightyblue

The reason why I didn't like his performance today is because he wasn't even doing the things he does well - i.e. closing the gaps, pressing extremely well and just rotating the ball well. He wasn't giving us anything. Was absolutely pointless today.

I agree that Ramires doesn't look at his peak physique but that's because he's been out and because he hasn't been much playing at all over the last month or so. Oscar on the other hand has played enough and just didn't look interested at all today. Just wasn't good enough from Oscar. Didn't look up for it. Ramires, who's clearly nowhere near as match fit as Oscar, still put himself about more than Oscar.

On your previous post where you mentioned that Oscar might be becoming disillusioned with being subbed off all the time... Seriously? He has played enough times. The fact that today was his 100th appearance for Chelsea already should tell you that that would be a pathetic excuse.

That's not what I wrote: he is always the one subbed.

perhaps they know something we don't about his physique, in which case he may be in the loop.

He never plays tough games for a reason, and after today he will be lucky to even make the bench for such games in the future.

And the thing is that because he plays well against West Brom at home people think he should be an automatic starter in tough away games. :doh:

Ramires restored a bit of balance but by then it was too late.

Honestly, Oscar is a pretty pointless player - he is the definition of a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. What's crazy is that at one point I thought that was fine, and that we could have such a player in the team, but how wrong was I?

Somebody said here recently that he 'provides space' and he did a lot of that today. Unfortunately for us it was for Spurs.

We're supposed to be one of the elite European team. Do you think any of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Atletico etc would have such a pointless player in their team? He would struggle to even make the bench in all of those teams in my honest opinion.

Like I said, we can and really should do so much better than some lightweight player who has no real talent beyond pressing and 'providing space'.

That's pretty much the definition of a center mid....

We need more goals and assists from our attacking players, Cesc, Hazard and Costa are the only ones producing the goods week in week out. Oscar and Willian are simply not effective enough in the final third and it's cosing us big time...

We need more goals and assists from our attacking players, Cesc, Hazard and Costa are the only ones producing the goods week in week out. Oscar and Willian are simply not effective enough in the final third and it's cosing us big time...

This.

Matic and Fabregas are pretty much amazing, Hazard is amazing, Costa is good enough, Willian and Oscar are just not up to par..

If we really want to be the BEST team around, we need to get the BEST players and have the best team.

Really? We created FAR more in the 2nd than we did in the first. Not even debatable. That first half performance apart from a mini spell was awful.

Ramires certainly did better than Oscar because he influenced the game far more than Oscar IMO. Offensively we were much better in the 2nd half.

Chelsea "created more," because Spurs were leading 3-1 and were happy to sit back and defend.

Our defense let us down today. Oscar's performance wasn't even that bad, but I understand the decision to bring Ramires on, though I don't think he made much of a difference.

He could have scored if only the ball was traveling a few cm on the other side of the post.

Still think rambo isnt fully fit yet. I would prefer to see chelsea playing a full 3 man midfield with 3 of the 4 (matic, oscar, cesc or rambo) and let hazard play on the wings with willian working hard on the right... However, I think playing all 3 brazilians (rambo, willian and oscar) at the same time might be unneccessary and redundant.

Very quiet match today in all possible ways... I hope he gets his shit together and doesn't start another winter-long slump.

Willian was no better and Ramires at least tried harder.

We need Ramires to find fitness ASAP, as we don't have better AMs, Oscar - and especially Willian, who's rarely subbed off - may be getting too comfortable.

The problem with him imo is not his size. It is the question of does he have any outstanding qualities such as pace, dribbling or creativity. He is not poor in any of those aspects but he is not outstanding in any of those attributes either. What I see often is that he is able to play well with other members of the team but he cannot do anything spectacular if we are playing poor. For me that is down to the fact that he is not outstanding in particularly anything. Sounds harsh but that is how I feel.

Yes but he could improve in all of these attributes with hard work I feel, and he is very tenacious.

We'll see, if we get Khedira then we can push up Fabregas if we really need to.