Oscar

themightyblue

Very very unconvincing despite the goal and assist papering over the cracks. I literally couldn't believe how poor his all round play was. Oscar has rode on the coattails of Fabregas and Fabregas held his hand, but that mini partnership is now non-existent. He's back to last season mediocrity now. He lacks so many things and I've even noticed some selfishness in his play. Just like Willian and Schurrle, I can't trust him anymore. Not a dependable player for me.

yeah. he sucked hugely first half. but i let him off this match, contributed to the win alot.

well putting the ball in an almost empty net is suddenly "contributing" a lot. in that ways willian/iva should be the MOTM cos they took the quick corner to the goal.

i mean we should forget that he sucked the whole match. gave the ball away in crucial situations. i mean hazard plays him a straight forward goal in a counter from our own corner and he ends up giving the ball away about 30 yards from our goal making us susceptible. but well, since he scored a tap in... we should let it all slide away. long live oscar. best no.10 ever.!!!

A real conundrum. As long as his end product produces like today and he keeps harassing the defense in possession, the glitz and glamour of a sparkly #10 will not have a place in Jose's team.

In some morbid way, I just want them to squash Willian and Oscar together because I truly think they'd make one helluva player if they were one.

well putting the ball in an almost empty net is suddenly "contributing" a lot. in that ways willian/iva should be the MOTM cos they took the quick corner to the goal.

i mean we should forget that he sucked the whole match. gave the ball away in crucial situations. i mean hazard plays him a straight forward goal in a counter from our own corner and he ends up giving the ball away about 30 yards from our goal making us susceptible. but well, since he scored a tap in... we should let it all slide away. long live oscar. best no.10 ever.!!!

To be fair @Lucio has made two very short statements and none of it is warranting the reaction. Unless this goes really far back between you two. Just an observation.

Edit: one glance over to the Cahill thread and I have my answer.

He is horrible. We need a number 10 and the biggest problem this team has is his presence. A completely useless number 10.

what? dont you know he scored and a goal and assisted one. that solves everything. i mean lets completely neglect that we should have been 2-0/3-0 down cos of his consistent ball conceding. or that we had no play mainly cos our no.10 forgot what playing football is, but according to some, thats all fine!!!

Not a great game but credit where credit is due.

He made the run, which made himself available for the tap in. He had a freaking assist from a very clever flick. More than fabregas had going forward today. Or hazard?

Also credit to Newcastle for making passing in the final third difficult for us.

To be fair @Lucio has made two very short statements and none of it is warranting the reaction. Unless this goes really far back between you two. Just an observation.

Edit: one glance over to the Cahill thread and I have my answer.

its just a coincidence. i have no problems with any members

He made the run, which made himself available for the tap in. He had a freaking assist from a very clever flick. More than fabregas had going forward today. Or hazard?

Also credit to Newcastle for making passing in the final third difficult for us.

what? more than hazard?

what game were u watching? hazard had a few touches of the ball in the first half and created an oppirtunity every time. he looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

cesc had a terrible performance. but oscar was abysmall. absolutely horrible. he made that run cos he should be doing that. he is our no.10 and supposed to get in that position. as well as he is supposed to make our game. every time he touched the ball, it went to a newcastle player. the goal and the assist does nothing to cover how hopeless he was today.

His assist was absolutely fantastic, the only other players we have in the squad who could have pulled that off consistently in the same situation are Hazard and Cesc, our best players. In the second half he could have still grabbed another assist in that beautiful collective play which ended with him passing to Costa with a header. Honestly, and speaking for the second half only, he had a very good performance.

what? more than hazard?

what game were u watching? hazard had a few touches of the ball in the first half and created an oppirtunity every time. he looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

cesc had a terrible performance. but oscar was abysmall. absolutely horrible. he made that run cos he should be doing that. he is our no.10 and supposed to get in that position. as well as he is supposed to make our game. every time he touched the ball, it went to a newcastle player. the goal and the assist does nothing to cover how hopeless he was today.

Right my point is that things don't happen in vacuum.

There is a reason our attacking mids struggled today. Hazard wasn't great. William had no shot on target did he? Oscar wasn't great but not as poor as you claim either - he did have a terrible start of the game though.

what? more than hazard?

The goal and the assist today secured a much needed 2 point lead over city.

Unfortunately, we don't get points directly from pretty assists and chances created, and thankfully for Oscar, we don't lose points directly from poor touches that go to the other team. You're following the wrong London club if you think that chances created and dribbling is going to grind out 3 points against Newcastle.

Tbh, you're in for a serious roller coaster emotional ride if you thought this season was going to be a walk in the park, bookended by beautiful touches and wonderful build up play every time.

This season is going to be won by taking points from teams that fight tooth and nail against conceding. Wasn't pretty, AT ALL. Oscar didn't play well, AT ALL. But he produced when we needed him to.