Oscar

themightyblue

He is played out of position. Scolari's decisions this tournament have been a mindfuck. They are going to get walloped by the first good team they come across.

Well when he played in the no.10 position against Croatia he was struggling to get in the game. Scolari moved him over to the RW and it worked wonders. His high work rate and sublime crossing made him suitable there and it got more out of Neymar.

So, my question to you all….Do we sell Oscar and by James?

It's out there, let's go.

No, you buy James and keep oscar. Can't depend on one player alone - long championship with cl in between.

It's managers job to rotate and keep them happy.

Well when he played in the no.10 position against Croatia he was struggling to get in the game. Scolari moved him over to the RW and it worked wonders. His high work rate and sublime crossing made him suitable there and it got more out of Neymar.

Neymar played the 10 against Croatia.

Than Oscar slipped in 10 in the second half, however, defensively, Brazil kept getting attacked on the wings, so they put Oscar back on the wings.

Oscar is playing worse for Brazil than he used to. It is easily noticeable that he's not the same player he used to be and I don't know what happened. One year ago, Oscar would be my MOTM for our NT in 8/9 games out of 10. He would pretty much always outperform Neymar too. Now Neymar plays better than him in every game while performing in a level about the same he's always have with the yellow jersey and, bar the first game against Croatia, Oscar hasn't come close to being MOTM. Oscar used to produce a lot more attacking chances, I thought he would bring his Brazilian NT form to Chelsea one day but it seems the opposite is happening.

Oscar is playing worse for Brazil than he used to. It is easily noticeable that he's not the same player he used to be and I don't know what happened. One year ago, Oscar would be my MOTM for our NT in 8/9 games out of 10. He would pretty much always outperform Neymar too. Now Neymar plays better than him in every game while performing in a level about the same he's always have with the yellow jersey and, bar the first game against Croatia, Oscar hasn't come close to being MOTM.

Menenez v Scolari.

So, my question to you all….Do we sell Oscar and by James?

It's out there, let's go.

Your question is pointless. We're not getting James. Monaco bought him for 45 million (I think).

Then take into account that Monaco would be reluctant to sell and the fact that he's playing a great World Cup. I mean the asking price is gonna be ridiculous.

Mano system got the best out of Oscar, he was everything Mano looked for in a number 10. Ability to press to press high, drop deep and distribute, and work his magic in the final third. Once Oscar emerged, Mano Brazil looked so much better. Unfortunate he got sacked imo.

Unfortunately for Oscar your manager Scolari and your nation cares more about getting the best out of Neymar. This is Neymar team, and he is a bigger talent and unfortunate it comes at Oscar's expense.

This.

Mano Brazil was led by Oscar, Scolari is led by Neymar. It's really easy to see the difference in both teams...

Also, when Neymar has the ball/plays the 10, he doesnt really look for the pass, moreso to draw fouls or to score himself, which is the huge contrast between neymar 10 and oscar 10.

However, if Brazil win the world cup, than I guess it was the correct decision...

Mano system got the best out of Oscar, he was everything Mano looked for in a number 10. Ability to press to press high, drop deep and distribute, and work his magic in the final third. Once Oscar emerged, Mano Brazil looked so much better. Unfortunate he got sacked imo.

Unfortunately for Oscar your manager Scolari and your nation cares more about getting the best out of Neymar. This is Neymar team, and he is a bigger talent and unfortunate it comes at Oscar's expense.

Maybe you're on to something but Oscar has played better with Scolari too. I think it is more than that. I think he's still on a slump, he looks terrible compared to how he used to play.

Maybe you're on to something but Oscar has played better with Scolari too. I think it is more than that. I think he's still on a slump, he looks terrible compared to how he used to play.

It's like watching a totally different player at times. A much slower, weaker and technically inept one.

Oscar talent will always have Croatia type games on occasions, undoubtedly for me he is still a great player. But even in the Croatia game you barely saw him drop deep and receive the ball from the CB and be a distributor and catalyst for the team. IMO that what makes him special and different from other top AMs in the world, he is an old school number 10.

If you make him a primary final ball and final third player then there are many AM's better then him.

Oscar talent will always have Croatia type games on occasions, undoubtedly for me he is still a great player. But even in the Croatia game you barely saw him drop deep and receive the ball from the CB and be a distributor and catalyst for the team. IMO that what makes him special and different from other top AMs in the world, he is an old school number 10.

If you make him a primary final ball and final third player then there are many AM's better then him.

I think he needs a free role to excel. In his best games I remember seeing him everywhere, sometimes he would be upfront finishing, sometimes he would drop deep to distribute, sometimes he would be marking and doing defensive work, sometimes he would be making a run between defenders, sometimes he would be wide trying a cross. It seemed like he always knew where the team needed him, I would praise his tactical awareness more than anything else he had. Right now he seems to be too focused on defending and going down the wings. It's so weird.