Oscar

themightyblue

not good enough??!!! He has been the main stay of the team. Has covered every blade of grass in every match. Has tackled everyome standing. Linked up well be it on the right wing, left wing or thru the center. He and gustavo have been the stand out players in the furst 3 matches.

Simply not true. Oscar was average in the last 2 matches....

I am not his biggest fan nor am I his biggest critic but I don't really no what is top quality is. He can do most things but he is not excellent at any of it. But you compare him to players like James Rodriguez for instance, he is an excellent dribbler, passer and has loads of flair. I would say Oscar's best attribute is his work rate but that is not the best quality you want from a no.10. That is why I think he is inconsistent for club and sometimes country. He has no specific ability that will trouble opponents on a regular basis and imo this is why he often struggles to make a key influence in games regularly.

I was about to make a similar post about Oscar.

Oscar is more of a lightweight #8 (central midfielder) than a true #10 (attacking midfielder)

I think based on Oscar's best attribute, maybe we'll see him play more of a CM role this season in a 4-3-3? (with Fabregas as the more 'advanced' mid)

I was about to make a similar post about Oscar.

Oscar is more of a lightweight #8 (central midfielder) than a true #10 (attacking midfielder)

I think based on Oscar's best attribute, maybe we'll see him play more of a CM role this season in a 4-3-3? (with Fabregas as the more 'advanced' mid)

More like a shit no 8. Even top class CM are required to have standout qualities other than solid tactical nous. Let's just call a spade a spade and admit He's overrated and doesn't possess the ability to ever become world class in any position. How many top class midfielder or AM were as limited as Oscar at 22?.

Stats hit the nail right on the head with a sledge hammer. he doesn't excel at any particular aspect of the game from a technical standpoint, He isn't a great passer, can't dribble, lacks close control and bad in tight spaces, awful vision etc even physically he is weak and has average stamina. which is why when people say "he's got the potential to be so, so and so" I'm always baffled because I can't see this "potential" they speak of. They must be pulling that word out of their asses.

Fabregas is a brilliant example actually, he's not the most complete midfielder by any means and has obvious weaknesses but despite his limitations what makes him a top class player is his extraordinary vision and passing. Oscar on the otherhand has nothing that will make him stand out from the pool of other average midfielders in Europe.

My thoughts exactly.

He runs like a dog, his tackling is immense, he can defend, he can cross, he can shoot from distance. He has all the attributes for a #8.

It is clearly that he is not a playmaker in the mould of Cesc, Iniesta, Ozil, Mata, David Silva. He lacks so many attributes for a #10.

But for all this to happen, he needs more time in the gym. He has to put some muscles on that teenager body.

Had a similar thought, actually. While I would love to have a deep-lying playmaker in the team, I'm not sure it would be defensively sound. Fabregas is more of a true #10 than Oscar and it might be a waste of his vision and attacking abilities to play him so far from the penalty box. Besides, Oscar has a better workrate and tackling abilities than Fabregas, so perhaps moving Oscar to a CM position next to Matic and using Fabregas as a central attacking midfielder would be better. Hazard&Fabregas in the attack sounds mouthwatering. Damn, I really want to know what Jose has in mind. He has options, which is good, of course.

How has Oscar been poor? He's doing the job of two men in that midfield ffs and has done it brilliantly.

1 goal and 2 assists in 3 games isn't poor by any stretch. His only "bad" performance was against Cameroon yet he still won 4 tackles and grabbed an assist in that game.

EDIT: Apparently, the 6th highest rated player so far this World Cup. Only Messi, Robben, Van Persie, James Rodriguez & Benzema are ahead of him. Neymar just behind in 7th.

There seems to be a clear agenda against Oscar from the same few posters in the thread.. Instead of backing your player until he is no longer your player and making him the scapegoat before season starts why not begin with clean slate for 2014-15 and we go from there.. and for Oscar contribution to his national team bar the first half of first game which is down to nerves I can imagine the kid has been good and not average .. In retrospect same guys slandering Oscar for being average in this thread are praising Hazard for a "brilliant" 10 mins vs Russia ..

Maybe its time we let these young players play through their slumps before we start criticizing their talent because it is easy to sit at home on a computer and comment on how poor a player is doing

What talent?

Define "good". He is absolutely average! He hasn't had a world-class performance or something near since that second half vs Croatia.

What is good for you? Messi esque?

Oscar does the most work among any other #10 in the world, count that into his performance. While James and others have free role, Oscar has important role in defence. So far, 3 games, 2 assists and goal. Averages over 5 tackles per game, 3 dribbles, but yet no one seems to notice that.

Thats average? Wtf? People expect from Chelsea players to score 5 goals every game or they are not good enough, while having knee jerk reactions on James, Origi,...its funny, what you dont have is always more appealing right?

And please, he was poor in second half of season, but he was very good in world cup so far.

And he is our player, at least support him. I guess once season starts and Oscar puts fine performances, you will among few others jumping on his bandwagon and praise him, telling everyone you always knew he was great. Hilarious!

What is good for you? Messi esque?

Oscar does the most work among any other #10 in the world, count that into his performance. While James and others have free role, Oscar has important role in defence. So far, 3 games, 2 assists and goal. Averages over 5 tackles per game, 3 dribbles, but yet no one seems to notice that.

Thats average? Wtf? People expect from Chelsea players to score 5 goals every game or they are not good enough, while having knee jerk reactions on James, Origi,...its funny, what you dont have is always more appealing right?

And please, he was poor in second half of season, but he was very good in world cup so far.

And he is our player, at least support him. I guess once season starts and Oscar puts fine performances, you will among few others jumping on his bandwagon and praise him, telling everyone you always knew he was great. Hilarious!

FUCK DEFENSE! HE IS NOT NEARR A WORLD-CLASS LEVEL PEROFRMANCE. HE IS OVERRATED! SELL!