Eden Hazard

the wes

There's a debate about to kick off (I think) in the Schurrle thread regarding where Hazard's best position is. May as well do it in this thread!

My opinion is that he is lethal on the left when he's on form, but quite a bit more timid on the right even when on form.

On the left it's no secret he's more of a goal threat. He can cut in with ease since he's hard to tackle and then he's able to take a pop at goal. On the right hand side though, when he wants to score, he'll often drift into the centre and hope a player (such as the right-back or Mata) will then cover his flank as he drives directly at the goalkeeper. This was seen at Lille a few times and quite a bit under RDM at the start of the season (although when he got into those central scoring positions he often went for the assist instead of the goal which surprised a bunch of us.)

If we're going to persist with him on the left and basically base the team around him we're probably looking at a future 30+ goal a season player, similar to Ronaldo in his freak season with United.

If we're going to put less emphasis on him and deploy him on the right, obviously he'll be crossing instead of shooting a bit more, so I guess we could expect more of a 'Figo' type player out of him than Ronaldo. (Maybe a bad comparison because I actually prefer Figo to Ronaldo but prefer Hazard on the left.)

I think more fireworks and 'oooo, ahhhhh' moments will come from the left, but more 'magic' touches with Mata will come from the right.

If next season we play with a forward who drops deep and opens up gaps between defenders, It'd be best having him on the left and trying to use him as a main goalscorer. If we were to bring in someone like Lewandowski (unlikely), Higuain etc. - basically a more poacher type player - it'd probably make more sense trying him on the right so he can start trying to whip crosses in and tally up his assists IMO.

His best position is the #10 spot, according to himself :)

His best position is the #10 spot, according to himself :)

indeed, that's where he ought to play, where he's involved as much as possible and can have the biggest impact on the game. Only when he plays on the 10 will we really be "building the team around him".

Hello everyone. I will be off topic but not as much as it seems. I'm here to ask you a favor which could do good to both Chelsea and Eden Hazard in the future. And i know there are many readers sympathetic to the LOSC on this thread, i strongly advise to hear me out ;)

Lucas Digne is currently at the center of all preoccupations in the french media, who are eager to see him move to PSG this summer. French media are lobbying for his transfer, making theories based on a financial crisis at Lille (that has yet to be proven), totally disregarding the fact that Lucas has said many times he is well in Lille and does not intend to move in the near future.
But PSG seems very insistant and media report that he has been offered 4 times his wages in Lille if he were to sign for Paris (some french media claim he already signed a pre-contract) !

Hence we Lille fans are worried, and i have decided to try a hail mary pass given the desperate situation. I've created this morning a facebook page to write an open letter to Lucas Digne, in which I ask him to stay and explain to him why such an early move to PSG is not, against what he may have been repeatedly told, the best career choice. Other supporters can add their own message to Lucas, hoping he will see them. In order to have the slightest chance to have any incidence on his choice, it has to gain in visibility very quickly.

In my letter to him, I advise him to stay at least one year or two in Lille (he's only 19) and to consider offers from european top clubs then, who will offer challenges as interesting, financially and sportively as interesting as PSG. I advocate for a move to Chelsea in one or two years to follow the steps of Ashley Cole and recreate the briliant left side that he formed with Hazard. Trust me, Lucas Digne is the top left fullback of his generation along with Alaba. The youth, potential and physical strength of this left side would be damn exciting.

Help me help you ! Please like this page and share to anyone who might be sympathetic to our cause :)
https://www.facebook...tersALucasDigne

Maybe it will do Chelsea good in a few years !

Thanks for hearing me out

great mix of Eden's first season as a Blue, without the cheesy over the top music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1hs-Cxjno

Great video!

Still remember the scepticism of a lot of people when I was posting similar video's of him dancing around French League players.

"This is the premier league... if he tries to dribble or fool defenders like that, they will absolutely tear him down!!!"

But Eden...

... just kept on dancing B) !

Great video!

Still remember the scepticism of a lot of people when I was posting similar video's of him dancing around French League players.

"This is the premier league... if he tries to dribble or fool defenders like that, they will absolutely tear him down!!!"

But Eden...

... just kept on dancing B) !

There's no better proof of complete ignorance of football than skepticism about Hazard...

Either that or it shows people like to disagree and be pessimistic only for the fun of it.

There's no better proof of complete ignorance of football than skepticism about Hazard...

Either that or it shows people like to disagree and be pessimistic only for the fun of it.

Yes I remember having some ridiculous debates on here about him.

Yee of little faith!

Yes I remember having some ridiculous debates on here about him.

Yee of little faith!

Yeah, it seems whenever we're linked with even the shittiest players everyone goes ape-shit and acts like even the most average players are better than our current ones but once we actually sign a player everyone gets super critical and complain about transfer free, other better players available and what not.

I guess that's partly due to some big misses made by the board but the recent stellar signings will hopefully restore everyone's faith.

What the hell? Never knew there was a Hazard at Chelsea before the Belgian brothers. :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Hazard

Cool

More of a Spurs legend having won a few cups with them but decent player on his day for us. He became a London taxi driver after his playing days for a while..think he may be a coach now.

Hazard on basketball:

'Basketball is my other favourite sport. I don't play, I watch it on TV, the NBA, and I love it.

'It is a very good sport to watch and the NBA is the best I know. The New York Knicks - Carmelo Anthony - the best! I have watched it live too, in the O2 Arena last season. It was perfect and I loved it, but I have never seen it in America. I hope one time I will.

'I tried to play myself but I am no good, definitely no good. I play football!'