Eden Hazard

the wes

Have you forgotten the absolute fabrications reliable English media printed last year in his whole transfersoap?
About 5% of what was said then was correctly translated. Got him that whole primadonna image in England that, even now, he hasn't completely been able to overturn.

Looking back at last year, that was just incredible. I follow both French/Belgian and English media. I often had the original articles or interviews in front of me when I read the English 'translated' ones later. The amount of bad translation or worse was incredible for some huge papers that are considered reliable. Often papers like The Sun would take a French article on Hazard, formulate the sentences a bit different with more sensationalism added, give it the label 'Exclusive' and print it. A day later papers like The Guardian, Telegraph and Daily Mail would copy that article from The Sun and consider it authentic.

Don't think Hazard himself, or his entourage, are that accurate in following up on stories on him to bring papers in trouble.

Have you forgotten the absolute fabrications reliable English media printed last year in his whole transfersoap?

About 5% of what was said then was correctly translated. Got him that whole primadonna image in England that, even now, he hasn't completely been able to overturn.

Don't think Hazard himself, or his entourage, are that accurate in following up on stories on him to bring papers in trouble.

Refresh my memory please. :lol:

By original article you mean in the Belgian papers/media?

The Guardian wouldn't have included that part into the news article if he didn't say it (unless they mistranslated it). Otherwise they could get themselves into trouble for fabrication.

On the Chelseatransfergossip twitter, this quote has no source. Look at it no guardian in bracket at the end of the quote.

Yes indeed ..... It even made this Hazard thread derail a couple of times .... remember Santiago?

On the Chelseatransfergossip twitter, this quote has no source. Look at it no guardian in bracket at the end of the quote.

It was mentioned in the Guardian article though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/05/chelsea-eden-hazard-jose-mourinho

"This season I gave a lot of assists but next season I want to score more goals … I want to score 50 or 60 like [Lionel] Messi or [Cristiano] Ronaldo," Hazard said, with a smile. "I lack that killer instinct. Messi and Ronaldo are born to score, it's in their nature but I still choose the nice dribble or the beautiful pass too often. I have to shoot more."

The fella who tweeted that had probably ran out of characters to include that in.

Why do I have the feeling the originator of that quote is a frequent user of this site?

I said this only yesterday or so.....

So, after watching a couple of Messi match comps before he became a CF, I take back the "not turning him into a goalscorer " comments and I'm now convinced he could be that player. He could potentially be a 30+ goal a season player.

It's definitely going to take a change in mentality for it to work though. I feel he's too nonchalant in attacking situations and his first instinct is to look for the pass (even in 1 v 1 situations!) when he has the ability to burn pretty much any defender in the League. I really do wish he would be more aggressive at times but maybe it's a case Eden himself being unaware of how frightening his potential is and perhaps Mou could be the catalyst in him getting there.

Coincidence? Or does Eden himself read this site?

Ha!

It doesn't matter if there are/aren't real quotes from Mourinho saying he's the 3rd best player in the world or are/aren't quotes from Hazard saying he can be a 50-60 goal a season player this time.

It doesn't matter because it will be the case regardless of what anyone says as long as he puts the work in. We don't need 'confirmation' from anyone to know this.

Why are people doubting the validity of the quotes? They're in the Guardian. Pretty safe to assume they are direct quotes from Hazard himself methinks.

As for the comments I'm pleased. He showing the desire to improve his game and develop an area of his game. I back him to get 20+ next season.

muzx1h.jpg

Sorry...but, what the hell is that?! :lol: lol

"Eden Hazard - The real spirit of Joe Cole's magic...al skills reincarnated and expressed through a Belgian in Stamford Bridge, Fulham road, SW6, London - CFC4eva"

I don't mean to make fun! Well...

Anyway, it's just very, very odd that's all! :lol:

How was Hazard tonigh for 10-15 minutes?

He had an immediate impact on the game... that's for sure!

His first touch (backheel) came in short. But afterwards in like 5 minutes... he set up two of the best attacks we've seen all night!

Amazing action to set De Bruyne free at the right wing... perfect assist to Benteke... but he failed to score!

Afterwards Eden disappeared a little in the game since it was all defending we had to do. But in general... good to see him on the pitch again!

I don't think he still was suffering from his injury (we would have never let him play then)!

So in general: good game Eden!!