test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

I'm still ruing that game against United.

Ashley Young and his fellow thugs did a number on Hazard that game and he hasn't recovered his early season form since.

Hazard's form dropping has turned us from title contenders to struggling for fourth place, possibly even worse than Arsenal, at least at the moment.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I don't want him making captain, I've thought about this and and I think it's time we got £150M for him and sent him packing. He can go to Madrid, have a love affair with his big nosed mate and collect his £400k a week there and go through the motions like he is here. The club have apparently laid the offer on the table and he's "Hanging around for Madrid's offer" Nah, sorry, I'd take it away from him, start developing CHO and go from there.

Thanks Eden, super player, top pro, but time to go now son.

Be careful for what you wish for.

I'm all for developing CHO, but I don't think Eden playing is the reason he hasn't got a chance. Plenty of others that are pushing him down the pecking order. I'm pretty sure CHO and RLC (especially the latter based on recent games) benefit from combining with Hazard.

yuvala likes this

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Ashley Young and his fellow thugs did a number on Hazard that game and he hasn't recovered his early season form since.

Hazard's form dropping has turned us from title contenders to struggling for fourth place, possibly even worse than Arsenal, at least at the moment.

Be careful for what you wish for.

I'm all for developing CHO, but I don't think Eden playing is the reason he hasn't got a chance. Plenty of others that are pushing him down the pecking order. I'm pretty sure CHO and RLC (especially the latter based on recent games) benefit from combining with Hazard.

I'm also questioning if Hazard's heart is in it, as well as his performances and his ability to improve.

I don't think he can get any better than he is now, in fact I believe he can't and won't.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I'm also questioning if Hazard's heart is in it, as well as his performances and his ability to improve.

I don't think he can get any better than he is now, in fact I believe he can't and won't.

Regardless of Hazard's current state of mind...who would you prefer, Pedro or Willian? Or someone of the likes of Pulisic (which is another debate)?

My point is, I don't think Hazard has anything to do with CHO getting more game time.

20 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

He's clearly our most influential player. He's inconsistent and once he's not having a good period, we struggle. We used to have Costa's goals to rely on to carry us over the line but we don't have this anymore and it shows. We badly need a striker and more players in the team without obvious weaknesses everywhere.

Johnnyeye and Blue Armour like this

Don't know what has happened to him...he has been off recent games... where is the player that is scoring for fun in first few games...He lacks killer instinct and consistency of players like Messi and Ronaldo..He should buckle up

Johnnyeye likes this

28 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Don't know what has happened to him...he has been off recent games... where is the player that is scoring for fun in first few games...He lacks killer instinct and consistency of players like Messi and Ronaldo..He should buckle up

i might get crucified for saying this but Hazard is not a Ballon D'or caliber player and never will be. He doesnt take games by the scruff of the neck often like Messi and Ronaldo do, he's simply not ruthless enough and he couldnt care less, if he thinks he's the best let him go to Madrid and see what happens.

BXL70 and bigbluewillie like this

Could you imagine what Hazard would be acheiving if he was playing for City right now!!! 

Go mate, just go for the sake of your legacy. It will break my heart but as a player and human being, he deserves more. He has been soo loyal. This is bullshit.

blues.bridge and Johnnyeye like this

He is not great right now, but anyone saying we should sell him should rethink about watching football.

Hazard is still regardless head and shoulders ahead of anything at the club, specialy now that Kante and Azpi dont play as great as they used to. It is hard to replace him right now, and absolutely impossible to do it with our current clueless board.

People saying our burnley game was most complete and Hazard didnt play, well great, lets just stick with Pedro and Willian for next 5 years then. Also having someone like Eden out injured is completely different to not having Eden in club at all. The players react differently. 

Just look at Real, they didnt seem bad when Ronaldo was out injured/rested, because they wanted to prove themselves. Now that Ronaldo is actualy no longer at the club, all pressure is fully on other players and they are dogshit. 

Without Eden we wont be even near CL, especialy when you look how ambitious the club is, targeting fucking Ruganis and Hysajs...

I'm actually very curious to see him play elsewhere, because I'd put money down that it's NOT going to be a whole lot different.

The thing that bothers me the most about Eden is precisely when he's off form like he is now though.

Say, when I compare top players who aren't, for one reason or another, able to influence a game (or many games), I still pay attention to what they are doing on the pitch. What is the work rate? How hard do they try to help their struggling teammates? Do they run into spaces? Pass more and more quickly? Mix things up? Do they get annoyed when things are't going their way?

No I don't think he does well or tries nearly hard enough when he's off.

Johnnyeye likes this

Chelsea star Eden Hazard makes Man City transfer claim after SLAMMING team-mates

CHELSEA star Eden Hazard has claimed Manchester City are only missing him in their side after lamenting his team-mates' lack of movement.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/746926/Chelsea-star-Eden-Hazard-makes-Man-City-transfer-claim-after-SLAMMING-team-mates

The Blues take on the Premier League champions at Stamford Bridge tomorrow but have hit a blip in their season.

Chelsea were in fine form under new boss Maurizio Sarri and at one point were the only unbeaten side in Europe’s top five leagues.

But a heavy defeat to Tottenham at Wembley brought the west London outfit back down to earth.

It was the first top-six side they had faced away from Stamford Bridge and Chelsea’s weaknesses were badly exposed.

A 2-0 win against Fulham helped put them back on track but a shock 2-1 loss to Wolves on Wednesday has brought them back under the microscope.

One star who was in terrific form at the start of the season was Hazard, but the Belgian has now not scored in the league since early October.

Ahead of the City clash, the Belgian has cheekily suggested that Pep Guardiola could do with him in the squad.

He said: “I think City find more solutions in their play than we do.

“The only thing they don’t have is Eden Hazard! That is the difference.”

Hazard has been a key member of Chelsea’s squad over the past six years, but he hinted he is becoming tired of being the difference-maker this season.

He added: “Chelsea have plenty of possession, but we often have to rely on individual actions to score goals.

“City are all about team play. You can see a lot of movement from them that creates spaces.

snip

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

Eden Hazard transfer news: Man City coach Pep Guardiola rules out move for Chelsea star

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchestercity/eden-hazard-transfer-news-man-city-coach-pep-guardiola-rules-out-move-for-chelsea-star-a4011936.html

Pep Guardiola has ruled out any chance of Eden Hazard joining Manchester City – despite describing the Belgian as one of the best players in the world.

Chelsea star Hazard claimed he was the one thing missing from Guardiola’s Premier League champions in the build-up to Saturday’s clash at Stamford Bridge.

The 27-year-old is a player Guardiola has long-wanted to bring to the Etihad – but was quick to dismiss the prospect of a sensational move.

“That is not going to happen,” said the City manager. “I am agreeing with him. He said I’m so good and I am agreeing with him.

“Switch on the TV and look at him. You realise his qualities. He is one of the best players in the world.”

Speaking to Belgian broadcaster Play Sports, Hazard said this week: “City are all about team play. You can see a lot of movement from them. That creates spaces, they get their crosses in, and I think they have more answers that way.

snip

Johnnyeye likes this

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea star Eden Hazard makes Man City transfer claim after SLAMMING team-mates

CHELSEA star Eden Hazard has claimed Manchester City are only missing him in their side after lamenting his team-mates' lack of movement.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/746926/Chelsea-star-Eden-Hazard-makes-Man-City-transfer-claim-after-SLAMMING-team-mates

The Blues take on the Premier League champions at Stamford Bridge tomorrow but have hit a blip in their season.

Chelsea were in fine form under new boss Maurizio Sarri and at one point were the only unbeaten side in Europe’s top five leagues.

But a heavy defeat to Tottenham at Wembley brought the west London outfit back down to earth.

It was the first top-six side they had faced away from Stamford Bridge and Chelsea’s weaknesses were badly exposed.

A 2-0 win against Fulham helped put them back on track but a shock 2-1 loss to Wolves on Wednesday has brought them back under the microscope.

One star who was in terrific form at the start of the season was Hazard, but the Belgian has now not scored in the league since early October.

Ahead of the City clash, the Belgian has cheekily suggested that Pep Guardiola could do with him in the squad.

He said: “I think City find more solutions in their play than we do.

“The only thing they don’t have is Eden Hazard! That is the difference.”

Hazard has been a key member of Chelsea’s squad over the past six years, but he hinted he is becoming tired of being the difference-maker this season.

He added: “Chelsea have plenty of possession, but we often have to rely on individual actions to score goals.

“City are all about team play. You can see a lot of movement from them that creates spaces.

snip

He's not wrong. We lack a lot of movement in attack and that comes down to playing people like willian who likes ball to feet and DOESN'T MAKE ENOUGH RUNS OFF THE BALL, morata who is always getting OFFSIDE or losing the ball and wasting attacks and Alonso who doesn't bust his gut to make runs off hazard creating width like other attacking fullbacks do. When you watch Sane, Aguero and Mendy you see they are in a different level from Willian, Morata and Alonso. So much movement OFF THE BALL and technical quality to match it.

Using Opta's sequences model we can see that they are the only two teams this season to record more than 300 possession sequences of 10 or more passes, considerably more than the other teams in the "big six".

But while a third of City's have ended in a shot or a touch in the penalty area (defined as a build-up attack), only 18% of Chelsea's have, not only a lower proportion than City, but also Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham as well.

In simple terms, City's domination of the ball offers epoch-defining penetration, while Chelsea are on the ball a lot, but too often without much end product.

Team 10+ pass sequences Sequences ending with touch in box  
Correct as of 3 December
Manchester City 347 112 32.3%
Arsenal 206 49 23.8%
Liverpool 254 53 20.9%
Tottenham Hotspur 184 36 19.6%
Chelsea 328 60 18.3%
Manchester United 155 20 12.9%

And most of our attacks die down due to this lack of movement. RLC's goal against fulham is one of the rare moments of quick movement and selfless runs made off the ball, and Morata's goal against Southampton is another one but the top teams do this 7, 8, 9 times in a match while we do it only once or twice. We cant be holding possession so slowly without running off the ball and expect to break down teams, that's why all our possession doesn't get us into danger areas, few touches in the box where it matters.

Vesper and yuvala like this

Lol, just like Messi, CR, Zidane, Maradona, Cruijff and Pele, Hazard also has bad periods. What a surprise. People saying that his heart is not here or that he isn't world class now are just full of sh*t.

2 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Lol, just like Messi, CR, Zidane, Maradona, Cruijff and Pele, Hazard also has bad periods. What a surprise. People saying that his heart is not here or that he isn't world class now are just full of sh*t.

his flirting with Madrid doesnt do him any favours tbh, just like big nose before him, if his heart was 100% in Chelsea he wouldnt run his mouth constantly to the media. It must be a belgian thing

Vesper likes this

27 minutes ago, manpe said:

Hazard has a point, it must be tiring playing with statues and being the one man in a one-man team. All the other players are simply too dumb or below required quality to play the type of style that City do.

Spot the fuck on

manpe, Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this