The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

why? football is about respect, no matter who the opponent is! you simply dont do that.

this. It is a difference for us as fans to be mock spurs and for an active coach to disrespect fair play. Jorge Jesus is a cunt and he will be weeping, whimpering on the ground at the end like at the end of every season.

Real is a much more organized team than PSG, sorry!

King Carlo is transforming them into quite a powerhouse. They are much better than last season...

I for one would rather face RM than psg.

While I admit RM is winning. I just have my doubts about them in big games. They were lucky against juve, they lost to atm at home, drew at the calderon while losing at camp nou.

I for one would rather face RM than psg.

While I admit RM is winning. I just have my doubts about them in big games. They were lucky against juve, they lost to atm at home, drew at the calderon while losing at camp nou.

And what has PSG done to win your trust? Oh yeah, they beat mighty (Falcaoless) Monaco and lost in the Round of 32 of the French Cup!

Carlo is palying in such a weird system, but it is working perfectly. He is being able to do what nobody thought he would, which is to give to this unbalanced barbie team some consistency and tactical awareness. It is somewhat a 4-1-2-3; with Xabi Alonso as the DM, Modric and Di Maria as his two midfielders, Ronaldo in the left-wing and Bale in the right and Benzema as their main man. They are playing better (collectively and individually) than at any time under Mourinho. They are clearly the only team capable of beating Bayern in an open game!

However, PSG have to basically rely on a brilliant night from their top players (T. Silva, Cabaye, Lavezzi, Lucas, Ibra, Cavani, etc). They are the Real Madrid of 2009-2010 basically!

I am not saying PSG is a bad team, dont get me wrong, but Real Madrid is MILES ahead of them...

And what has PSG done to win your trust? Oh yeah, they beat mighty (Falcaoless) Monaco and lost in the Round of 32 of the French Cup!

Carlo is palying in such a weird system, but it is working perfectly. He is being able to do what nobody thought he would, which is to give balance to this barbie's team some consistency and tactical awareness. It is somewhat a 4-1-2-3; with Xabi Alonso as the DM, Modric and Di Maria as his two midfielders, Ronaldo in the left-wing and Bale in the right and Benzema as their main man. They are playing better (collectively and individually) than at any time under Mourinho. They are clearly the only team capable of beating Bayern in an open game!

However, PSG have to basically rely on a brilliant night from their top players (T. Silva, Cabaye, Lavezzi, Lucas, Ibra, Cavani, etc). They are the Real Madrid of 2009-2010 basically!

I am not saying PSG is a bad team, dont get me wrong, but Real Madrid is MILES ahead of them...

And you think real don't rely on CR/BALE??? Damn it they are actually so void of a play that even to beat any lowly team at home they normally need a moment of magic. This RM team seems bereft of ideas. Just basic wingplays.

And how is this real team better than the one under mou in his second year. 100 points With the record number of goals!!!!!!!!!!!! One poor season and everyone forgets everything, it seems.

PSG are actually the team I'm most worried about at the minute. Think we'd hold our own with Bayern like we did in the Super Cup, same goes for Barca aswell. Jose knows Real Madrid inside out as Carlo wouldn't know alot of our players now (i.e Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Eto'o etc) but PSG are different. Two world class front men up top. Difficult to 'Park the Bus' with quality they have upfront compared to anyother team (just talking about strikers).

And you think real don't rely on CR/BALE??? Damn it they are actually so void of a play that even to beat any lowly team at home they normally need a moment of magic. This RM team seems bereft of ideas. Just basic wingplays.

And how is this real team better than the one under mou in his second year. 100 points With the record number of goals!!!!!!!!!!!! One poor season and everyone forgets everything, it seems.

Of course they rely on CR7 and Bale, everybody would, they are CR7 and Bale. But, similar to Barcelona (who rely on Messi and Iniesta), they are still a good side apart from that. While PSG is nothing if Silva and Ibra go missing, they are worse than average.

This Real Madrid is the best one since 2002, there is no debate. They continue to be very physical and deadly on the counter (promps to Jose in that area), but now they have more flair and are waisting less chances. Carlo has done a magnificent job so far and they are honestly looking like world beaters atm. PSG wouldnt stand a chance against them!

And about Mourinho and their "record points", it means absolutely nothing. The amount of points a team in La Liga gets isnt any indication of the quality of their football. Mourinho's team were primaily a counter attack team and very one dimensional. It is so meaningless that Barcelona achieveved it in their next season and they lost to us in the UCL!

PSG are actually the team I'm most worried about at the minute. Think we'd hold our own with Bayern like we did in the Super Cup, same goes for Barca aswell. Jose knows Real Madrid inside out as Carlo wouldn't know alot of our players now (i.e Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Eto'o etc) but PSG are different. Two world class front men up top. Difficult to 'Park the Bus' with quality they have upfront compared to anyother team (just talking about strikers).

PSG has enourmous difficulties facing small pub team in France and you are worried we wont be able to resist 90 minutes defending against them? PLEASE!

From the teams you mentioned, I would much prefer to face PSG than any of them. I definitely dont want any of Real, Barca or Bayern right now!

Are you sure you are talking about the real PSG and not only looking at the team sheet?

Of course they rely on CR7 and Bale, everybody would, they are CR7 and Bale. But, similar to Barcelona (who rely on Messi and Iniesta), they are still a good side apart from that. While PSG is nothing if Silva and Ibra go missing, they are worse than average.

This Real Madrid is the best one since 2002, there is no debate. They continue to be very physical and deadly on the counter (promps to Jose in that area), but now they have more flair and are waisting less chances. Carlo has done a magnificent job so far and they are honestly looking like world beaters atm. PSG wouldnt stand a chance against them!

And about Mourinho and their "record points", it means absolutely nothing. The amount of points a team in La Liga gets isnt any indication of the quality of their football. Mourinho's team were primaily a counter attack team and very one dimensional. It is so meaningless that Barcelona achieveved it in their next season and they lost to us in the UCL!

PSG has enourmous difficulties facing small pub team in France and you are worried we wont be able to resist 90 minutes defending against them? PLEASE!

From the teams you mentioned, I would much prefer to face PSG than any of them. I definitely dont want any of Real, Barca or Bayern right now!

Are you sure you are talking about the real PSG and not only looking at the team sheet?

Oh god!!! Please first of all do tell me how this RM, team is more complete than jose's. There is absolutely nothing going thru center. I mean calling jose's team a one dimensional counter attacking team while hopelessly over-rating the current real. That calls for a PLEASE!!!!!!!! I mean I have seen luiz give way better performanxes in the center of the field and still be said that "he was like a headless chicken". The only modicum of creativity comes from modric. But he sometimes has to play too far deep to cover for alonso's legs. Maria cintinously tends to drift on the left wing making CR go central and leaving RM too open on counters. Simply speaking, if barca had not screwed up in their last 2 away games and were still top of the liga, no one woukd have been making this big a fuss about RM.

And well if psg finds it difficult breaking pub level teams then let's take every isolated incident like the match where RM could not score against a 2nd or a 3rd division team. Also is this the same RM that got a ass-whoping by Atm a couple of weeks ago in liga?

Are you sure you are talking about the psg that gave barca a run for their money and was barely knocked out on away-goals.

Oh god!!! Please first of all do tell me how this RM, team is more complete than jose's. There is absolutely nothing going thru center. I mean calling jose's team a one dimensional counter attacking team while hopelessly over-rating the current real. That calls for a PLEASE!!!!!!!!

LOL, you clearly dont watch them play (which would not be surprising coming from you). :lol:

And well if psg finds it difficult breaking pub level teams then let's take every isolated incident like the match where RM could not score against a 2nd or a 3rd division team. Also is this the same RM that got a ass-whoping by Atm a couple of weeks ago in liga?

Are you sure you are talking about the psg that gave barca a run for their money and was barely knocked out on away-goals.

Real got their ass whoping when? The game was very equal, each team had their moment. You really havent watched the match to say such absurd!

Yes, I am talking about the PSG who gave the declined Barcelona a run for their money, but ultimately lost. Which means nothing, because it is just like me saying this shitty Milan is good because they would have qualified against Barça if Niang hadnt missed that clear chance to make it 3-1!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont want to be rude, but I prefer to continue this conversation with someone with a better football knowledge...

LOL, you clearly dont watch them play (which would not be surprising coming from you). :lol

Real got their ass whoping when? The game was very equal, each team had their moment. You really havent watched the match to say such absurd!

Yes, I am talking about the PSG who game the declined Barcelona a run for their money. Just like shitty Milan would have qualified if Niang hadnt missed that clear chance to make it 3-1!

I dont want to be rude, but I prefer to continue this conversation with someone with a better football knowledge...

Oh seriously! !! Then lets go!!! Tell me what moments did RM have? They got an early break. Was lucky not give away ATLEAST one penalty. Barwly threatened courtois the whole match except for the goals. Which match did u see???

Lets discuss RM properly. Maria runs around like a headleaa chicken. Often drifting to the left wing cos of which CR generally has to get central. Bale has his moments on the other wing with carvajal continoualy bomabtding up. Thus leaving RM open to counters. Hencr , their only actual creative player (modric) gets pushed deeper.

Is this the same DECLINING barca against whom RM could not get a decent chance before jese scored??? What's more, I think even city performed better even though the scoreline was the same. (And since this ckearly seems get you off LOL LOL LOL)

I too don't want to be rude, but well, get lost

I would rank it.

1. Bayern

2. Real

3. barcelona

4. PSG

Bayern is the most balanced team and now their team is finally fully healthy with the exception of batsbuder. The domestic league is already won, so they just have to concentrate on their to final cup tournaments. Madrid is the second most balance team and the best counter team. Di Maria has been playing fantastic for madrid this season (since he is playing in a similar role he plays for argentina, where he usually excels in), and the acquisition of Bale really has allowed for Ronnie to rest a bit. Barcelona has Messi and won't be relying on barthra again this season. I like the overall makeup of PSG. However, Zlatan disappears quite a bit in a big games and Lucas/Pastore/Menez/Lavezzi haven't set the world on fire.

As RMPR mentioned, I would only bet Madrid beating Bayern.