Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

He will play last 15-20 minutes in some of upcoming games I think, which is also good. I hope he can start at least against Dynamo, if we beat Porto before that.

Great game, he is really all-rounded player. Tackles, passes, defense, attack, some good speed. Lad has it all.

Noticed at one time that he got out-muscled by Walsall player, maybe he should gain a bit more muscle to use that great height at full extent, like Ballack.

Really happy to see him get minutes and play great!

Just such a great player,but I hate that Mou refuses to give him more minutes.Why did he not play him the whole match?

We did not need Matic for this match,so why risk a potential Matic injury?RLC looked so great and after we replaced both RLC and Kenedy,we did´t look that great anymore

He gets taken off because he still doesn't have the stamina to play 90 minutes. He just isn't physically ready to play a full match especially in a role that requires so much energy and mobility. Jose said so after Maccabi and you actually see it on the pitch.

He hasn't been in the first team for long and this business of actually starting competitive matches is a whole new experience for him. Allowing him to build physical readiness slowly instead of keeping him in till he burns out is only good player management.

To those saying he needs more muscle - I'm not so sure - it's knowing how to use your body weight to your advantage - think martial arts it's all about your body position, this will come with time as he's matched against adults and not kids. It's a big step up - but I'm sure he will make it :)

The boy continues to grow. I really like that he's being somewhat sheltered, gradually he'll take on a bigger and bigger role. Don't want to get my hopes too high but this is one kid who I can see reaching his potential and eventually becoming a fixture in the England team.

To those saying he needs more muscle - I'm not so sure - it's knowing how to use your body weight to your advantage - think martial arts it's all about your body position, this will come with time as he's matched against adults and not kids. It's a big step up - but I'm sure he will make it :)

yeah , he can increase his strength without ballooning up

He gets taken off because he still doesn't have the stamina to play 90 minutes. He just isn't physically ready to play a full match especially in a role that requires so much energy and mobility. Jose said so after Maccabi and you actually see it on the pitch.

He hasn't been in the first team for long and this business of actually starting competitive matches is a whole new experience for him. Allowing him to build physical readiness slowly instead of keeping him in till he burns out is only good player management.

Hm,this could be a reason,but how is he supposed to get better in that kind of area without playing more?

Schürrle once said that the big difference between the PL and the Bundesliga is that you get your fitness by playing your games in the PL,while in the Bundesliga,you get most of your fitness from training because you actually can train more.

The PL has more matches and one cup more,so it is obvious that the PL clubs can´t train that long and hard and need more rest that other clubs in from other countries.Schürrle said that it was hard for him to find that fitness in order to compete with the players who always played.Jose was also not the guy who liked rotation that much.

I hope that they do not waste such a talent.