Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Really happy for RLC to get the call up. Hope he gets to showcase his talent in the world cup. A decent world cup would seal his place in the squad with us without a doubt. Also with EL, him, Ampadu, Andreas, CHO can get a good launching pad.

On 22/05/2018 at 5:00 AM, bakayokofan said:

Really happy for RLC to get the call up. Hope he gets to showcase his talent in the world cup. A decent world cup would seal his place in the squad with us without a doubt. Also with EL, him, Ampadu, Andreas, CHO can get a good launching pad.

Ive not been his biggest supporter but I'm open to the possibility he has got his act together some so will be waching him - hoping.

“Our best player” – Chelsea loan star’s manager doesn’t hold back in praise

http://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/05/best-player-chelsea-loan-stars-manager-doesnt-hold-back-praise/

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, the wes said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek issues Chelsea quit threat if progress continues to be stalled at Stamford Bridge

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/england-star-ruben-loftus-cheek-12673169

It is now upto himself now going forward in his career to show that he is good enough week in week out to be a CFC player , two goals and 3 assists last season hardly screams 1st name on the CFC team sheet , 2bh i want him to be so good that he is 1 of the 1st names on the cfc team sheet because that means more than likely that whoever the manager is, deems him good enough to play every week , i think most CFC supporters would like to have players like Kante,Hazard,Azpil,mmm then the rest seem about the same level.

Think he can take the same route as Courtois if he is patient enough and willing to work hard. Hopefully manager changes will make him think it is a golden opportunity to show his best and make the new manager impressed, not just fuming there thinking he is already a top class player.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Should be starting for England. 

I think super sub is his best role for this world cup. If Southgate's going down the high intensity route he did in the first half he'd be tanked by half time every game, and thats just thinking the game in isolation and not the quick turnover.

This boy needs to be given a chance next season. He's still raw in certain areas of his game which is understandable given the lack of first team exposure he has had. However he has the potential in my opinion to be an absolute monster in time and would add some physicality lacking currently in our midfield.

He strikes me as someone who will raise their game and get even better around better players.

It would also be a huge statement. The second player in 2 seasons to establish themselves in our first team squad and continue to break down the barriers between our academy and first team.

15 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Cant believe that a player with so much pure talent, physicality and incredible technique for his size is always hiding from the responsibility.. Keeps letting way less talented players than him steal the show.. Blokes like Henderson and Lingaard always demanding the ball, taking responsibility, trying to organize the play and find passes, play one twos and shooting. Respect to them for that even though they have their obvious limitations.

I dont think he will ever be a serious player if he keeps playing like this. Seems way too relaxed, like he doesnt have enough hunger and ambition on the pitch. Talent is enormous, really does have the potential to be one of great midfielders but really needs a proper kick in the arse. He must not settle to play at Palace or some other mid level club just because of his attitude.

It's like Lampard said -he needs to start believing he is No 1 for that England position, and the same at Chelsea. Think he was basically saying RLC needs to start believing in himself more. More self confidence. Osgood said the most important thing for a player is self confidence

15 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's like Lampard said -he needs to start believing he is No 1 for that England position, and the same at Chelsea. Think he was basically saying RLC needs to start believing in himself more. More self confidence. Osgood said the most important thing for a player is self confidence

And in my opinion he won't fully get this until Chelsea themselves start showing confidence and belief in him.

56 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

This boy needs to be given a chance next season. He's still raw in certain areas of his game which is understandable given the lack of first team exposure he has had. However he has the potential in my opinion to be an absolute monster in time and would add some physicality lacking currently in our midfield.

He strikes me as someone who will raise their game and get even better around better players.

It would also be a huge statement. The second player in 2 seasons to establish themselves in our first team squad and continue to break down the barriers between our academy and first team.

Im happy to give him a shot next season, but my current issues are his tendency to drift in and out of games so often and the fact not even his managers seem to know what type of player he's suppose to be and they appear to be improvising of the cuff. Jose tried DM, Conte tried forward and Roy tried LM.

He's clearly talented (he wouldn't be in the England squad if he wasn't) but everytime i watch him i tend to have more questions than answers.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im happy to give him a shot next season, but my current issues are his tendency to drift in and out of games so often and the fact not even his managers seem to know what type of player he's suppose to be and they appear to be improvising of the cuff. Jose tried DM, Conte tried forward and Roy tried LM.

He's clearly talented (he wouldn't be in the England squad if he wasn't) but everytime i watch him i tend to have more questions than answers.

I feel he's a 4-3-3 midfielder given licence to push forward but also responsibilities to defend properly too. 

Don't get me wrong he still has a lot to learn and needs to add more to his game but the talent is clearly there, as is the physical attributes.

I look at the midfielders currently at the club and to me he should be ahead of bakayoko, drinkwater and barkley for starters and as such should be given his fair chance over these.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I feel he's a 4-3-3 midfielder given licence to push forward but also responsibilities to defend properly too. 

Don't get me wrong he still has a lot to learn and needs to add more to his game but the talent is clearly there, as is the physical attributes.

I look at the midfielders currently at the club and to me he should be ahead of bakayoko, drinkwater and barkley for starters and as such should be given his fair chance over these.

But then the issue comes with is his end product good enough for such a role? It's one thing making allowances for players like Mata circa 2012 but RLC is a completely different ball game. There's also the issue with his intensity and Sarri insisting on such. 

I agree he's earned a shot, but personally if he pulls a Christensen i'd be amazed, i would back the lad in my ava to do that more.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

But then the issue comes with is his end product good enough for such a role? It's one thing making allowances for players like Mata circa 2012 but RLC is a completely different ball game. There's also the issue with his intensity and Sarri insisting on such. 

I agree he's earned a shot, but personally if he pulls a Christensen i'd be amazed, i would back the lad in my ava to do that more.

I can't argue that there are question marks regarding his potential fit into a Sarri-style system but with the exception of Kante, I would say the same about all the rest of our current crop of midfielders. 

What I keep reading however is the quality of Sarri's coaching and he'll work with what he's given and make it work. Koulibaly was apparently a prime example, somebody who wasn't comfortable on the ball and didn't look good enough and look at him now. I'd love to see a positive coach get hold of him and make him believe the hype and make him realise just how good he can become.

I just find it amazing that RLC is being pushed for England to start ahead of Alli who is one of Spurs most important players, and is playing in the England team alongside players who are regular starters in the Liverpool, City, United and Spurs teams. Yet he's a struggle to get a look in out squad, let alone the first XI. And on top of that you look at Fabregas, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Barkley who have been chosen ahead of RLC for Chelsea, all of which failed to make their respective country's World Cup squads.

With regards to Mount, I feel Chelsea will consider him perhaps a year behind RLC and want to see him play at a higher level for one more year. 

In an ideal world though, who's to say we can't have Mount and RLC within our squad ranks in the future? In a group of 5-6 midfielders, there should be sufficient space for both. With the aim to become self-sufficient alongside the stadium issues, it's even more important to spend money wisely on our squad. Promoting the likes of Christensen, Mount and RLC into the squad ranks will hopefully reduce the needs in the future to buy players like Drinkwater, giving us more leeway in our budget to compete for the top end group of players. It needs a whole culture shift to be honest. Christensen I am hoping is the start of something far larger.