Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Wont fit here under Sarri I feel based on what I seen of him last season and also in the world cup, hes a counter attack player, good at carrying the ball into space but has no real end product and 9 times out of 10 takes the easy option. Think he must go on loan again to develop his game, he is still behind in terms of where he needs to be and if Barkley impresses Sarri I can't see RLC sitting around considering Jorginho and Kante are going to be absolutely nailed on to start every week leaving one slot in MF for either Cesc, Barkley or that Russian if a deal comes off. 

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wont fit here under Sarri I feel based on what I seen of him last season and also in the world cup, hes a counter attack player, good at carrying the ball into space but has no real end product and 9 times out of 10 takes the easy option. Think he must go on loan again to develop his game, he is still behind in terms of where he needs to be and if Barkley impresses Sarri I can't see RLC sitting around considering Jorginho and Kante are going to be absolutely nailed on to start every week leaving one slot in MF for either Cesc, Barkley or that Russian if a deal comes off. 

I hope we only start Kante and Jorginho in Premier league and the FA  cup games against PL teams. use Europa and Milk cup to develop young and fringe players.challenge as much as possible in the league and FA cup and try to win in other tournaments but at worst give them game time..might still not be enough starts for RLC tho. 

Sadly he isn't going to make it at Chelsea, just not good enough...

The gulf between looking amazing at Under 21 level and playing full time is just too big.

Definitely need a Chelsea B Team in the lower leagues, will help determine the better players immediately as boys vs boys is no test, boys vs men is where you learn about a player...

This is going to be a tough one for the club and player.

He shows glimpses of quality, making good runs and causing lots of problems to the opposition at times. He is powerful and has quick acceleration, which allows him to beat players in short distances. He's not very mobile and drifts in and out of games.

He's definitely NOT a CM at this time, but could be an interesting player coming off the bench esp when we need a goal at SB. Would that be enough for him? hard to say - perhaps Sarri and Loftus need a long chat.

He is constantly being played out wide. He isn't a wide player. Southgate nor Hodgson have figured this out yet. Mourinho tried moulding him into a defensive player (which negates his offensive ability) and Conte tried to make him a striker (HA!) utter madness no coach has played him centrally in a midfield three. 

25 minutes ago, It's too big said:

He is constantly being played out wide. He isn't a wide player. Southgate nor Hodgson have figured this out yet. Mourinho tried moulding him into a defensive player (which negates his offensive ability) and Conte tried to make him a striker (HA!) utter madness no coach has played him centrally in a midfield three. 

Was thinking the same, and he's very good attacking mf -gets in the penalty area easily. Don't know if hes done enough in Russia for Sarri to notice. We could do a lot worse than him and Kenedy before shopping, but looks like they will both be still loaned.

On 14/07/2018 at 11:05 PM, Duppy Conqueror said:

I hope we only start Kante and Jorginho in Premier league and the FA  cup games against PL teams. use Europa and Milk cup to develop young and fringe players.challenge as much as possible in the league and FA cup and try to win in other tournaments but at worst give them game time..might still not be enough starts for RLC tho. 

Yeah I think the Europa will give us a chance to use younger guys but at the same time I think Sarri will very much want to win it or be under the assumption that he has to win it. As much as we'd all like to see youth be used, like I said I still don't think RLC fits Sarri's system. He needs another move, I heard Everton wanted him, which would be an exciting chance for him to play more often and also under a manager like Marco Silva who we seen how impressive Richarlison was under him although he is still very raw and for me, not a top level talent. Mason Mount though? Perhaps he would fit in here but I think it would be stupid to keep a kid that talented to be kicking his heels about the majority of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1022311655345029120/pu/vid/640x360/as-FlXTCYIAIr7qL.mp4?tag=4

I hope he and Barkley can hold down the Hamsik role. He has the physical and technical attributes for the role, he just needs better scoring. I think barkley is the better goalscorer though....

You'd think Sarri would value the skills RLC possesses. Immense physical ability, ability to glide past people and break the defensive lines. ability to keep control of the ball under pressure, good passing ability. Really RLC is only short in the goal scoring department and hasn't been able to consistently put it together for an extended period of time. Barkley looks fit and focused I think both players will make it a dog fight for that Hamsik spot. Lets hope the club & him decide this is the year they make the 1st team push. Would hate to see him go off on Loan as I think that will be the end of his Chelsea time.

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

You'd think Sarri would value the skills RLC possesses. Immense physical ability, ability to glide past people and break the defensive lines. ability to keep control of the ball under pressure, good passing ability. Really RLC is only short in the goal scoring department and hasn't been able to consistently put it together for an extended period of time. Barkley looks fit and focused I think both players will make it a dog fight for that Hamsik spot. Lets hope the club & him decide this is the year they make the 1st team push. Would hate to see him go off on Loan as I think that will be the end of his Chelsea time.

I am pretty sure Fabregas will start alongside Kante and Jorginho at least in the beginning. Even though i would rather see Barkley or RLC and Fabregas as Jorginho upgrade, cesc dormes not need to adapt much and has hit it off with sarriball and jorginho. They really have found each other blind with their passing like when Deco joined and he and Lamps were harmonizing perfectly midfield. Just with more goal threat ofc. 

Tha being said I think we should stop with this Hamsik role bullshit. Sarri has his philisophy but that does bot mean we mist match his napoli side 1 on 1. The system is fine tuned to the players we have and nit vice versa.

Just doesn’t have the footballing intelligence or vision for this sort of philosophy. He’s a good ball carrier  but final pass is shocking. I know it’s one game here under Sarri and it will improve perhaps with time and training but I’ve seen it before at Palace too. He’s not got that refined end product to make himself a viable option here. He’s not a winger so he’d be even more wasted there. He plays best centrally, yes but in a possession team end product and execution is needed.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:09 PM, eemanyooel said:

Lol... 

talk Chelsea members will make you feel like this dude is the second coming of ballack... He won't displace Barkley and considering the fact that we are after Golovin... 

Still on my words...now Golovin is gone to Monaco...he won't displace Barkley going this level of performance... and I find it hard to comprehend how members here on TC rated this guy so much so they included him in starting XI during the world cup alongside Jorginho and Kante... Lol

I hope he improves and keeps training hard cos I really want him to compete with Barkley considering the fact that Drinkwater and Bakayoko won't survive in Sarri system...

Quiet game from him. Of course people will look at the terrible penalty, but I would much rather look at him on the field than just that penalty (we have plenty of players who can score them, he is not needed there). He has the opportunity to take a starting role as a midfielder for his club if he puts his foot on the gas. We all know Barkley is doing everything he can to stay fit and learn this new style we have. RLC must do it as well or face the bench this season.

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

Quiet game from him. Of course people will look at the terrible penalty, but I would much rather look at him on the field than just that penalty (we have plenty of players who can score them, he is not needed there). He has the opportunity to take a starting role as a midfielder for his club if he puts his foot on the gas. We all know Barkley is doing everything he can to stay fit and learn this new style we have. RLC must do it as well or face the bench this season.

Tbh he's shown clear indication by coming back early. Has a real opportunity if we don't sign another midfielder this season, probably one of the only times to do so.