Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

he has the most important: technique

The rest is really up to him. Manager and the club (coaches) are def there to help him get that last polish until he can routinely play.

Really like him as a player and think he's improved a lot since last year, esp work rate. He's already a far better player than Bakayoko will ever be, so don't see why we should loan him to just sign someone not as good. Glad he's staying!

Love the mentality of Ruben deciding to stay at Chelsea. 

He will get so much guidance and tutelage under Sarri training under him the entire season. And 2nd - with Europa league, I have no doubt he will get playing time and first team starts. 

11 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Love the mentality of Ruben deciding to stay at Chelsea. 

He will get so much guidance and tutelage under Sarri training under him the entire season. And 2nd - with Europa league, I have no doubt he will get playing time and first team starts. 

Agreed, It was a decision he needed to make to show his intent. Once the games start coming fast and furious he will be playing alot and in a system that suits his skillset. He looked to move the ball forward a bit quicker than Barkley on saturday. Obviously came on when huddersfield was tired but still, if he can build a bit each time he is on the pitch thats a positive for the team. Talk about an overhaul of our midfield from weakness to strength.

15 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Should go to Schalke! Will be good for him.

It will be better for him to stay there is much benefit the training, reps, and mentoring he will get under Sarri. Personally believe all those plus the comfortability he would have in Sarri system outweighs consistent 90m in a another league. 

Going to Schalke would be literally be an amazing move for him, I still have my doubts about what he can contribute here but if he could get in the team there? Would be a great experience. German football is probably one of the most outstanding leagues for young attack minded players to develop in and Schalke were no mugs last season. Seriously think that him staying here and rejected this move will come back and bite him on the arse big style especially when Cesc and Kovacic are fit and back in the squad. Kovacic coming in on loan to sit on the bench is not happening. 

Someone said on other page learning from Sarri is better than playing 90 mins every week, I 100% disagree, hes a young guy, 22 years old, he needs to be playing. 

Schalke are interested in signing 22-year-old England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan but Chelsea are unlikely to sanction his departure. (Telegraph)

Loftus-Cheek is determined to fight for a starting place in Chelsea's line-up. (Guardian)

If true bad move. He should go out and play. Its going to be hard for him unless we get injuries to feature every week. Barkley, Kovacic, Cesc will all be head of him in that third role which is undoubtedly the only one that will be up for shares until Kovacic gets fully fit. Maybe not, I'm still not 100% convinced hes got the final picture to be a big feature here, he can dribble but end product isn't amazing.