Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Lot's of discussion over here, so i skipped some pages :-)

I don't see the point of us selling him. If we sent him on loan to a bigger team he will be easily worth +20m next year..

His potentional is sky high but he needs a better team to grow then bremen..

Imo he's still an ideal succesor for Lamps.

The highlights of the match, with a lot of praise to De Bruyne by the commentator:

http://rutube.ru/video/bdaa0d331fa9eeccc0b46df249c89b61/

Espescially check out the nice move on 1:17!

He's certainly grown. I didn't expect he'd grow this much. I think he should and hope he does get his chances next season. Perhaps he will not be the first one on the team sheet, but he is at a level at which he should be able to get a decent amount time on the pitch. (fingers crossed)

I'm sure the board will assess him during our pre-season, with the new manager, before making any decision. Well, at least I hope that's way how it works, he deserves to get a chance to prove himself with the team.

The highlights of the match, with a lot of praise to De Bruyne by the commentator:

http://rutube.ru/video/bdaa0d331fa9eeccc0b46df249c89b61/

Espescially check out the nice move on 1:17!

He's certainly grown. I didn't expect he'd grow this much. I think he should and hope he does get his chances next season. Perhaps he will not be the first one on the team sheet, but he is at a level at which he should be able to get a decent amount time on the pitch. (fingers crossed)

He's grown a lot his season. At the moment he's at the heart of EVERY Bremen-attack. In a better team he would even b more decisive.

He could be very valuable for Chelsea next season, if they give him a chance. He could play in Hazards, Oscars, Matas or even Lampards position. Such a a player can be so valuable during a season. With his direct style of play and very good switching from defense to attack he would be perfect for Mourinhos style of play. He's very technical, excellent shooting/crossing and decent speed. A type of striker like Falcao or Cavani would love his crossing.

It's a shame I have the feeling that everything will be decided during his per-season, while he's a bit of a slow starter who needs a few games to get to his best level.

The funny thing is lets reverse roles here and put Oscar in the Bremen team playing in his favoured central position (like we see him do for Brazil) and then KDB at Chelsea on the wing for the majority of games, playing twice a week in his debut season in English football against teams who park the bus against us like over half of the premiership teams do. I don't think you'd be saying KDB is better. Oscar is playing at a much higher standard and is afforded much less space than KDB gets at Bremen. At the end of the day they are both special talents, but it makes me cringe how some overrate KDB so much

and then KDB at Chelsea on the wing for the majority of games, playing twice a week in his debut season in English football against teams who park the bus against us like over half of the premiership teams do. I don't think you'd be saying KDB is better.

I'm only speaking for myself but I think I would. He's great on the wing.

I'm only speaking for myself but I think I would. He's great on the wing.

Well when we Rdm played him on the wing in pre-season, he complained to the press about having to play there. And for me he isn't 'great on the wing' he's similar to Oscar. Can look great playing there in one game, then go missing in the next game he plays there. Both much prefer that central role and the only difference is KDB has been afforded much more opportunities to play centrally and thus shine more

The funny thing is lets reverse roles here and put Oscar in the Bremen team playing in his favoured central position (like we see him do for Brazil) and then KDB at Chelsea on the wing for the majority of games, playing twice a week in his debut season in English football against teams who park the bus against us like over half of the premiership teams do. I don't think you'd be saying KDB is better. Oscar is playing at a much higher standard and is afforded much less space than KDB gets at Bremen. At the end of the day they are both special talents, but it makes me cringe how some overrate KDB so much

Saying KDB's game is better at this point in time than Oscar's is not overrating, it's how it is. Nearly everyone on this board was disappointed with Oscar's contribution for most of the season while KDB has performed consistently in the Bundesliga in a shitty side, gaining massive interest from some of the best German sides.

I don't understand what makes it so cringeworthy.

Saying KDB's game is better at this point in time than Oscar's is not overrating, it's how it is. Nearly everyone on this board was disappointed with Oscar's contribution for most of the season while KDB has performed consistently in the Bundesliga in a shitty side, gaining massive interest from some of the best German sides.

I don't understand what makes it so cringeworthy.

The only people who were dissapointed with Oscar's contribution this season were the clueless brats who didn't take into consideration the fact that Oscar at the age of 21 has been playing constant football over the past two seasons without a break. 79 appearances for club and country I think. Now if you do consider that fact and look at the season he has had for us, then how can anyone criticise the impact he has made in his first season. I and many fans haven't doubted Oscar for a second. Even when he has played badly because he has dealt with not only the pressure of settling into a new country and club but also an Olympic summer and manic fixture list for us in the process, all done extremely well.

The only people who were dissapointed with Oscar's contribution this season were the clueless brats who didn't take into consideration the fact that Oscar at the age of 21 has been playing constant football over the past two seasons without a break. Now if you do consider that fact and look at the season he has had for us, then how can anyone criticise the impact he has made in his first season. I and many fans haven't doubted Oscar for a second. Even when he has played badly because he has dealt with not only the pressure of settling into a new country and club but also an Olympic summer and manic fixture list for us in the process, all done extremely well.

Exactly, I rate Oscar as well. I feel he has done well concerning the circumstances. I was just wondering why saying KDB's performances outshining Oscar's automatically means overrating KDB.

Exactly, I rate Oscar as well. I feel he has done well concerning the circumstances. I was just wondering why saying KDB's performances outshining Oscar's automatically means overrating KDB.

I wouldn't say it's overrating KDB but unfairly comparing Oscar's performances in the Prem to KDB's in the Budesliga. They play in very differen't ways and if they had both been playing in the same squad this season then I think it is only then you can compare who was the more effective player in specific roles. Considering they have played out their season's in two different leagues, in two completley different teams in terms of overall skill and performance then it does come across as persumptuous and vague to say KDB's performances have outshone Oscar's.

@wecker you cant compare oscar to de bruyne. oscar played way more games in a more difficult league. also oscar played on the wing, while de bryune played in his preferred position in the centre. both are great talents, but i dont see how anybody can say "hey kdb played good for bremen, he is btter than oscar!". Oscar played VERY GOOD if you think about how many matches he played (without proper pre-season) and his 1st season being here. dont disrespect other players of our club, just because you like a belgian player (which i can understand..)

@wecker you cant compare oscar to de bruyne. oscar played way more games in a more difficult league. also oscar played on the wing, while de bryune played in his preferred position in the centre. both are great talents, but i dont see how anybody can say "hey kdb played good for bremen, he is btter than oscar!". Oscar played VERY GOOD if you think about how many matches he played (without proper pre-season) and his 1st season being here. dont disrespect other players of our club, just because you like a belgian player (which i can understand..)

C'mon I'm not disrespecting Oscar, in my opinion KDB's all round game is better, you don't have to agree, it's an opinion. Let's hope we get to see them in the same team next season.