Frank Lampard

DavidEU

See, this is why Rio got it spot on, he went to relegation fodder, keeping his distance from United.

Do you really think a top 4 club would be interested in signing Rio Ferdinand? He was consistently made to look an idiot by the likes of Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle etc. last season

Again though, I'm sure something could be worked out. Being a Man-City bench warmer, who will collect a few minutes here and there is not playing at the highest level.

JT said he'd never play for another english club after Chelsea and I believe him. He wants a clean legacy, he knows how the fans would react.

Same JT who was joining City till we gave him a new contract?

So 12 years of service, dedication, playing when his mother just passed, giving his all for us is forgotten and erased because he could help a rival win a title?

It isn't a couple of goals that decide a title anyway. Who's to say if he supposedly scores a few goals that gives City the title any other player on his place wouldn't too?

People are being a bit deluded thinking he'll give them the title. He was here last season and City won the title anyway, so how is that? If City wins and Frank scores or assists a few goals, it won't because of those goals. All we need to win a title is have more points and goals difference if there's a points draw. It's still on us if we don't win. Last season WE lost the title more than City won it with our defeats to Palace, Villa, Sunderland... Frank Lampard isn't the player that makes a team win a title anymore, if he was, he'd be here... He's still a great player, but he's struggling physically to keep up with the league for a while now. If that for some miracle happens, well, it's unfortunate, but the odds of it happening are ridiculously small.

But even if that completely deluded and nonsensical idea that Frank Lampard will help City win titles and will strengthen them somehow comes to reality (I think Jesus second coming might happen way before that, but let's be crazy for a bit), does it erase all he's done to this club?

If that's the case it's not him I'll say is lacking loyalty. Fans saying they're disappointed, disgusted and whats not by his decision are worse than his supposed 'betrayal' imo.

It sucks, I'll agree with everyone on that, I wish he didn't come to England at all, but it's his prerogative as a very competitive professional... Again, we let him go first, he didn't ask to leave. I don't think the Abramovich convo was that light. We barely renewed his contract a year and a couple of months ago. If we weren't that willing back then why would we be now? Roman probably said the club's doors are opened for him AFTER he retires, not to play. It was our decision. Then he made his. We're still Chelsea, he still loves us, he's said as much. He's still Lamps, legend to this club and he still has my absolute respect.

I hate the situation, but I still love and respect Frank as I did yesterday.

Same JT who was joining City till we gave him a new contract?

Again, it's just not clean-cut enough to make that statement.

And even then, that was about money, JT knew we'd succumb, he wasn't doing it to go to City.. and yes, there is a difference.

I bloody hope this is right.. he better not I repeat not play for City.. think of all the drama at the stadium name calling... etc.

We never mistreated him, we didn't not give his contract a renewal, he wanted to go to NYCFC so out of respect Jose and our club owner gave him what he wanted as he did a lot for the club,

Daily mirror is saying he has told the owners of city he wont play against us.

Respect to the man if true.

So he scores a match winner 'elsewhere', which takes City top of the table... that's not on par?

He could be eligible for a PL winners medal if City win the title.

And even then, that was about money, JT knew we'd succumb, he wasn't doing it to go to City.. and yes, there is a difference.

Even assuming that's true, he was holding the club to ransom - not something someone with a 'clean' legacy does. You could argue he has a 'cleaner' legacy than anyone else (and I'd agree) but JT hasn't been faultless.

Frank Lampard is definitely a legend, I will always appreciate and respect his work at Chelsea FC here. Nothing will take that away from him. But this news will definitely put a dent in his loyalty and image amongst Chelsea fans. No doubt about that but I will still respect him. IMO, Lampard should've just avoided the Premier League exactly what Drogba did. But oh well.....

So are you saying JT held the club he so dearly loves to ransom for higher wages?

EDIT: Madmax has said exactly what I said but better

So he held the club to ransom?

Sounds like a Rooney case to me. [emoji57]