Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Think it's pretty clear that Conte wanted a player or two this window but the club have probably told him to wait until the summer for his primary targets. Hence why Aké is back. 

Begovic and Iva will be gone tomorrow, probably. Highly doubt we'll sign anyone other than another backup keeper to replace Bego.

We still have that risk where a significant injury to quite a few of our players can potentially be huge. If any of Costa, Hazard, Luiz, Moses, or Kante pick up a big knock the team will really struggle to replace their quality. We've seen that Conte can adapt without someone for a match or two but fingers crossed none of the above get a serious injury.

Think it's pretty clear that Conte wanted a player or two this window but the club have probably told him to wait until the summer for his primary targets. Hence why Aké is back. 
Begovic and Iva will be gone tomorrow, probably. Highly doubt we'll sign anyone other than another backup keeper to replace Bego.
We still have that risk where a significant injury to quite a few of our players can potentially be huge. If any of Costa, Hazard, Luiz, Moses, or Kante pick up a big knock the team will really struggle to replace their quality. We've seen that Conte can adapt without someone for a match or two but fingers crossed none of the above get a serious injury.

The opportunity to get decent quality has gone. Clubs are going to want stupid money for any Tom, Dick & Harry at this point.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The opportunity to get decent quality has gone. Clubs are going to want stupid money for any Tom, Dick & Harry at this point.

Yep. We'll have to go with what we have. Of course, if we beat both Liverpool and Arsenal its title race over so none of it may matter.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Unless they are desperate to sell (like Benfica and Porto).

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Porto don't have anyone of note and Benfica will want big money for Semedo. Guedes for £25m+ is an eye opener as it is.

25m£ is good price IMO. There's talk that they want 35 for him but maybe closer to deadline we can have some leverage. 

I can't believe we'll be actually weaker going out of the window than before it. If Ivanović goes then we just let Pedro to be cover for Moses? Lol. I wonder how significant in this window is our league position. It should have no bearing yet it feels whole plan is around it.

25m£ is good price IMO. There's talk that they want 35 for him but maybe closer to deadline we can have some leverage. 
I can't believe we'll be actually weaker going out of the window than before it. If Ivanović goes then we just let Pedro to be cover for Moses? Lol. I wonder how significant in this window is our league position. It should have no bearing yet it feels whole plan is around it.

Guy only played a handful of games in the Portuguese league and somehow warrants that fee. Clubs should wait and see how players progress.

We know it's the board doing what they do best around now. Normally spot on with getting good fees for players, but always questionable when it comes to incoming. I expect Aina will be back up should Iva leave.

I do agree it's worrying and could backfire if something isn't done in the next 30 hrs. Having said that, win our two next games, and we will be very comfortable.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

So the board failed once again.

Capture.PNG

Embarrassing.

I expect a busy summer of transfers from Chelsea we made over £60m in January transfer window which we can use that money for the summer  and we cut the wage bill down as well by letting Mikel and Ivanovic go I want us to challenge for the CL next season I would bring in two big signings Vidal and Sanchez would be great signings to challenge for the CL next season 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I would bring in two big signings Vidal and Sanchez would be great signings to challenge for the CL next season 

Those two players alone would improve us so much, it's a shame it will never happen :(

52 minutes ago, the wes said:

I expect a busy summer of transfers from Chelsea we made over £60m in January transfer window which we can use that money for the summer  and we cut the wage bill down as well by letting Mikel and Ivanovic go I want us to challenge for the CL next season I would bring in two big signings Vidal and Sanchez would be great signings to challenge for the CL next season 

I think we need a minimum of four signings; LWB, RWB, CM, RF, but I suspect Antonio would like at least five since he does not seem to believe in our backup CF. All that is assuming there are no significant departures which, in respect of Diego & Thibaut, might be big assumptions.

Six or seven new players in a single window is not a realistic expectation. That's why I hoped we'd make one or two captures in this window and eat into the problem a little bit. As it is, we have big needs and will face many more clubs, with more money than ever to compete for the players we want, or to fend off our interest in theirs. We are going to have to be patient and make ourselves as competitive as we can while building our strength over the course of a few transfer windows.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Despite not signing anyone ourselves, it's rare that none of our rivals strengthen. I wonder if other top 6 supporters are as miffed.

I'm sure that sensible fans realise, just like we do, that it is monstrously hard to do transfer business in this climate.

This is particularly the case when dealing with continental clubs. Clubs which, rightly, are as determined as ever to hold on to their good players, and who have learned that they can flog their cast-offs to the Premier League for stupefyingly large fees. I hope that the lack of activity in this window is a sign that our top clubs are becoming smarter at long last. Smart enough to keep their money in their pockets until the genuine article is available and to stop subsidising European clubs by paying superstar prices for less than superstar players. If that is true, if our clubs have learned this lesson, then good. If, however, they still haven't quite got it then I would ask how many more times they need to be quoted £40m for ordinary footballers before they wise up?