Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

I like Giannelli Imbula a lot. He would be a great buy to upgrade our midfield. 

I wonder if it's possible even though Stoke just bought him this January transfer window. 

Seems like a good player, but I'd take his performance against us with a grain of salt. Our midfield struggles often against anyone.

this will go in the preferences of the manager and how he wants to setup his team. Will he employ an enforcer, or multiple rounded players? For example

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

I like Giannelli Imbula a lot. He would be a great buy to upgrade our midfield. 

I wonder if it's possible even though Stoke just bought him this January transfer window. 

If they were to buy him, they would do this by now. He is on Chelsea radar since 2012. There were quotes from Chelsea chief scout Guy Hilton who said that they like him a lot. At least two times they made an offer for him, once when he played for Guingamp and then in Marseille. Why they didn't pull this one out is a guess but I think even today you could see that he really is incosistent even in the same game. Great, great potential though and Chelsea know that. If he is able to stabilize himself (after all there is a reason why he was sold from Porto after 6 months with only 2m€ profit) and be consistent, he will be a gem.

I watched Roma vs Fiorentina. Nainggolan was great IMO. What a player in this form. They have to do this if Conte wants him.

I got an idea of my preferred midfield. If they were to buy Nainggolan and keep Cesc in the side I think Witsel would complete that midfield well. He is solid DM, who can stabilize this midfield and is pretty physical. However, he has amazing technique so he won't break up the attacks which is big problem at the moment.

That of course after Chelsea made several bids for Veratti, Pogba, Koke and Gundogan needless to say.

46 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I watched Roma vs Fiorentina. Nainggolan was great IMO. What a player in this form. They have to do this if Conte wants him.

I got an idea of my preferred midfield. If they were to buy Nainggolan and keep Cesc in the side I think Witsel would complete that midfield well. He is solid DM, who can stabilize this midfield and is pretty physical. However, he has amazing technique so he won't break up the attacks which is big problem at the moment.

That of course after Chelsea made several bids for Veratti, Pogba, Koke and Gundogan needless to say.

It will remain a pipe dream.  None of the players you mentioned will end up at the Bridge.  Regarding bids for TOP players, they are merely tabloid fodder or probably half-hearted bids by the Board just to please the fans without achieving anything at all.

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

Seems like a good player, but I'd take his performance against us with a grain of salt. Our midfield struggles often against anyone.

this will go in the preferences of the manager and how he wants to setup his team. Will he employ an enforcer, or multiple rounded players? For example

Marseille were a joy to watch last season under biesla. One of the main reasons for that was Imbula. Has always impressed me atleast. But the fact that matic put in worldies after worldies and seemed undroppable would have made Imbula a luxury buy for jose.

4 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Marseille were a joy to watch last season under biesla. One of the main reasons for that was Imbula. Has always impressed me atleast. But the fact that matic put in worldies after worldies and seemed undroppable would have made Imbula a luxury buy for jose.

Matic had already been suffering 'poor form' for a year before Imbula joined Stoke.

13 hours ago, Robguima said:

I think we have seen this season that multiple 'rounded' players is not a good strategy ???

14 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

If they were to buy him, they would do this by now. He is on Chelsea radar since 2012. There were quotes from Chelsea chief scout Guy Hilton who said that they like him a lot. At least two times they made an offer for him, once when he played for Guingamp and then in Marseille. Why they didn't pull this one out is a guess but I think even today you could see that he really is incosistent even in the same game. Great, great potential though and Chelsea know that. If he is able to stabilize himself (after all there is a reason why he was sold from Porto after 6 months with only 2m€ profit) and be consistent, he will be a gem.

See this is the type of buy I can confidently say that Emanolo would have done. 

Since Mourinho came a lot of those buys stop. 

One good thing about Mourinho gone is Emanolo can go back to doing his great business of buying young potential. 

We need a top quality LB as much as we need CM etc.....

We need to change the dynamics of this team and purchase a LB and start stretching teams from the first whistle. A CB, a CM and top class number 10 are all priority but up there with those should a LB who is dynamic, has the ability to get up and down and not only that but fizz in dangerous balls from the wing and overlap without a second thought. 

You see the likes of Spurs with young and fresh players bombing up and down, and while they aren't amazing the likes of Rose and co they have bags and bags of energy to attack and defend all in one. 

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

a LB who is dynamic, has the ability to get up and down and not only that but fizz in dangerous balls from the wing and overlap without a second thought. 

That's Ake.

28 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

That's Ake.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That's also who ever takes over decides to put faith in him.

Having a very good season but there is no way, regardless of who is in charge, that he will be our starting LB next season.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Having a very good season but there is no way, regardless of who is in charge, that he will be our starting LB next season.

That is exactly where in lies our problem. Since Roman has come in, we as a club have become so result oriented that its impossible to give a chance to any youth player. 

In any other club in the world, ake would be our starting LB for next season after showing how good he has been for watford.

9 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I think we have seen this season that multiple 'rounded' players is not a good strategy ???

How so? W don't have a single rounded midfielder in the squad.

the closest one is Matic, but also more of a DM. Fabregas is extremely attacking minded which calls for a more defensive minded parter, but thats the type of stuff the new manager will have to figure out.

it he does want to have 2-3 rounded midfielders, he will need to buy and replace players - no choice.

2 hours ago, Robguima said:

How so? W don't have a single rounded midfielder in the squad.

the closest one is Matic, but also more of a DM. Fabregas is extremely attacking minded which calls for a more defensive minded parter, but thats the type of stuff the new manager will have to figure out.

it he does want to have 2-3 rounded midfielders, he will need to buy and replace players - no choice.

Oops sorry dude - I thought you would have picked up on:

well rounded = fat ???

we already tried the well rounded approach and the players were shite ???

i do agree with your original point ! 

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Oops sorry dude - I thought you would have picked up on:

well rounded = fat ???

we already tried the well rounded approach and the players were shite ???

i do agree with your original point ! 

:) that took me a while... It as a good one - my bad for missing it.