Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

TBH, I'm not sure any of them will break into the side. I would love to see Bamford get the chance. He would potentially be a good, low price 3rd choice striker behind Costa and Remy. He would also only help with the Home Grown rule

Bamford, Pasalic, Traore (WP permitting), Baker have the most chance imo. Dons' manager said Baker was the hardest working player he had coached - Mourinho likes that in a player, almost more than talent itself. Traore imo would already be about if he was given a permit, Pasalic at age 20 has been an ever present in a mid table team in La Liga. Think Lamps at West Ham (although not too much; not making any presumptions lol), and had been entrusted as a DM for much of that, wich is not his natural position and is unusual for such a junior player to be first choice there. For me he can make it. and we need a new 3rd striker - for me Bamford is the man. Playing as many minutes as Drogba did this season at age 21 or whatever he is at CFC would be an achievement and he should not shun his chance to become part of the team now before we find somebody more willing to do so to replace him.

One other in the future is Kalas, especially if one of the back four gains an injury that's long term.

Is anyone as nervous as me concerning transfers?

In the silly season we are continually 'linked' to every player who pops his head up or whose money grabbing agent wants some hype for his player Last summer was no different but it seemed we did our homework. Jose/Emenalo etc had a plan on the main lads we wanted and their idea of who didnt fit. And they went out and signed them quick. And while 2 worked out great and the 3rd depending who is asked we was in and out fast.

This year as usual we are linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry. Me I think we could upgrade 3 or 4 of the 1st team and I'd happily get rid of the same amount but Im sure we all have our own ideas on who we want and who we dont want.And while I know its not as easy as us just wanting a player (for various reasons) we dont seem to be very busy compared to our PL opposition. I really liked the idea of getting Griezman but it seems Mou doesnt. But yet it looks like we are going to buy a replica Torres. 2/3 years alo Id have loved Falcao here. I dont think hes ever been a top scorer as his goal numbers are boosted with penaltys. Hes definitely not been right since his last injury (just like Torres) and I wouldnt take him if he cut his wages in half and he came for £20mill.

I know we dont have that magnetic attraction like United/RM/Barca/BM and even Arsenal/Juve but we have made a few quid so should be able to put our hand in our pocket for some proper in form talent.

Im worried that we will get left behind next season and we wont cut it in Europe or the PLwith the same lads we have now IMHO.

Nainggolan would be great piece of business. May not have the height, but his tackles leave marks, and he'd add steel to our midfield and technical ability.

Is his passing good?(Matic level or Ramires level??)

I've never really observed it

Definitely Matic' level.

He has a tendency to pass vertically. I love that about him, though he hasn't the greatest vision imo.

Nobody doubts why they call him the 'Ninja' though. He owns 50/50's. All of that is quite amazing, but I need to see him perform in the 'building phase' as well as pure transition. We are going to need guys like that in Mou's system.

Nainggolan would be great piece of business. May not have the height, but his tackles leave marks, and he'd add steel to our midfield and technical ability.

big fan of his, i couldnt believe he was left out of Belgiums WC squad

They should come back after he starts 15 game for chelsea and say his Torres 2.0

You are joking arent you? You think hes going to start 15 games? Just maybe if he did start 15 games in a row it might make him Chelsea fit but how many if any goals will he score in those 15 games? We need strikers of Costas abilities that will push him. Drogs played 40 games scored 5 goals. Remy played 30 scored 9. Costa played 39 scored 21. Falcao played 32 scored 6. So he did play quite a few games he just didnt score many goals.

You are joking arent you? You think hes going to start 15 games? Just maybe if he did start 15 games in a row it might make him Chelsea fit but how many if any goals will he score in those 15 games? We need strikers of Costas abilities that will push him. Drogs played 40 games scored 5 goals. Remy played 30 scored 9. Costa played 39 scored 21. Falcao played 32 scored 6. So he did play quite a few games he just didnt score many goals.

well, this is weird.

remy played 30 games, but i dont think 10 minutes in the end of the game trying to defend a goal advantage counts for that much.

lets look at some stats

costa - 20 goals, 2920 minutes, 146 minutes/goal

remy - 9 goals,1176 minutes, 131 minutes/goal.

so you see, remy was actually better and deserved more chances than he got.

Remy was far better than people give him credit for. He bailed us out during important times in the season- especially against Hull away. As a 2nd striker we can't ask for more than a better goals/minute ratio than our 1st striker. He's definitely deserved more chances than Jose gave him.

By some freakish coincidence he seemed to get injured at the exact same time Costa did. I don't think that kind of coincidence will strike us again next season. He will feel even more hard done by if he's not given the chances he deserves next season. Our pursuit of Failcow is, thus, even more baffling. Remy hasn't been anything close to a failure. We should've been looking to get a 3rd striker- not a 25 million pounds striker who's destined to be Torres 2.0. I will support Jose's decision if Failcow signs for us but I feel he's going to be a waste of money.

It's quite a killjoy that going into the transfer window, our only plausible signing seems to be an overpriced past his prime flopped striker.

well, this is weird.

remy played 30 games, but i dont think 10 minutes in the end of the game trying to defend a goal advantage counts for that much.

lets look at some stats

costa - 20 goals, 2920 minutes, 146 minutes/goal

remy - 9 goals,1176 minutes, 131 minutes/goal.

so you see, remy was actually better and deserved more chances than he got.

I totally agree. I really like Remy and even tho hes not a game chamger I dont think he could have done much more than we asked of him. As a third striker we couldnt ask for much more.

What I think we need is another top notch Costa like to fight and push each other for number 1.

Who knows. Given alot of time and REGULAR games Falcao could get his mojo working I just dont think we can afford to gamble on it right now. If he was 2 or 3 years younger maybe. But hes not.