Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I think mate we would have to give our board free lessons in dyke pole jumping to jump that far! (No way a ethnical dig at the Dutch!)

Yes, Roman seems to be only capable of this right now.

He needs to get better.

11 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Gelson Martins & Bruno Fernandes are set to terminate their contract with Sporting - they will be available in a free if so - The players were attacked by fans during a training session, Carvalho looks set to do the same. [@Record_Portugal]

Both Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandes would be amazing business if the club had a clue

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Both Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandes would be amazing business if the club had a clue

Gelso Martins looks a promising young player but I can't find much footage on Fernandes. There is a lot of noise coming from his followers though. Have you seen him play much?

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

Gelso Martins looks a promising young player but I can't find much footage on Fernandes. There is a lot of noise coming from his followers though. Have you seen him play much?

We have a Portuguese member who might enlighten us. @Johnnyeye

2 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

We have a Portuguese member who might enlighten us. @Johnnyeye

i follow the portuguese league a lot and i can say that both Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandes are 2 great players, for me 2 of the best players to come trough Sporting's academy in recent years, Gelson is more like a winger, speedy, skillfull, has goals and assists in him, reminds me a lot of Nani and Ronaldo in their 1st years; Bruno Fernandes is a right footed central midfielder, can also play more advanced, makes a lot of runs in to the box, shoots a lot, he can definitely strike the ball from distance too, he has a lot of tactical awareness and football brain, he reminds me a lot of Lampard in terms of playing style, i think both players have all the tools to succeed with the proper manager and club and with the right mentality, the question is can they shine outside of Portugal, we'll see, but as history sugests, many players who come from Sporting's academy can make it to the top. Cheers

26 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martines available for free as they've terminated their contracts? Chelsea get them signed. 

one could dream.. we were linked with Bruno Fernandes back in may at 80m now free no brainer

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martines available for free as they've terminated their contracts? Chelsea get them signed. 

How can they simply terminate their contracts? don't they need to pay the release clause then?

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

How can they simply terminate their contracts? don't they need to pay the release clause then?

Nah, the players feel Sporting is no longer a safe work environment because of the fan attack on their training centre so they're claiming the club broke the contract first and from what I've heard the law states contracts can then be allowed to terminate for free.

As far as I know the contracts include all sort of breach clauses like this case with Sporting players, or if a club fails to pay wages etc.