test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Juan Mata

Started by BlueLion.,

10,737 posts in this topic

For moving to United? Yes, especially if he had other offers, but that is his decision and I respect him. I'm grateful of his contribution, but you're totally missing my point. If Oscar fucks off to Arsenal, would you be happy wearing a shirt with his name on it? If you said yes, I'd call you a liar.

I wouldnt do it but i can perfectly understand why they do it.

And what he has done for the club doesnt matter much in Mata's case tbf, the big issue is that he joined one of our biggest rivals so it make sense why loads of people are dissapointed in him

Fair play, didn't mean to stir up anything just genuinely was trying to see this from others' perspective. I guess I'm being a bit too rational and practical here.

BlueLion., sutro and kellzfresh like this

Different story altogether for Drogba. A club legend who has hardly joined what we'd call a rival club. I still wear his shirt with pride, as I will do with my Lampard, Cech, Terry, Essien shirts.

Exactly!Drogba didnt go to a rival club.Play them when drawn against thats it.Whereas Mata and Man U will always be there and creating goals and scoring that could effect us,play us twice a season if not more cup runs etc.End of the day your shirt your decision.Rare to see Arsenal fans with RVP and if Rooney left to join us his Man U shirts will quickly dissapear.Aint a new thing

BlueLion. likes this

Fair play, didn't mean to stir up anything just genuinely was trying to see this from others' perspective. I guess I'm being a bit too rational and practical here.

Sorry if I came across a little strong. Just felt like I was being accused of being a Scouser and burning my shirt! I thought it was quite resourceful! :lol:

No-one is trying to negate Juan's amazing contribution. If he'd have gone to Spain or France or Italy I'd happily be sat with his name on the shirt, reminiscing over the good times he had in a Blues shirt. But because it's United, it doesn't feel right to me.

SinineUltra likes this

Comment on a pu le vendre ?

Bienvenue a TalkChelsea. Il ya une commande ici, pour tous les membres du TalkChelsea à parler en anglais. Le membre peut parler dans une autre langue, mais le membre doit donner une traduction en anglais aussi. Merci.

Sorry

Désolé

It's frustrating not to have a forum for Chelsea French...

Mais c'est vraiment frustrant de pas avoir de forum francophone de Chelsea...

BlueLion. likes this

Mata wasn't getting played and was never getting to get regular time under Mourinho so he wanted to go elsewhere. He didn't go to United to spite Chelsea supporters. How can you be upset at Mata for going to United but not at Chelsea for selling him to United? Mata would have gone to any top club where he would have played. Chelsea sold him to United to maximize profit. Chelsea, not Mata, are the ones who decided that Mata should go to United.

Anyway, I always laugh at the idea of loyalty in football. It's supporters putting their own views on players who don't have them. If Chelsea suddenly became a mid-table team (not really possible but this is a hypothetical) how loyal do you think our players would be? If we went bankrupt and couldn't afford to pay our players their salaries, how loyal would they be? Players want to go where they can play, where they can win trophies, and where they can make the most money. They are the same as you and I. If I got an offer to go to a rival company where I got a promotion and double my pay, you could bet damn well, I'd take it in a heartbeat.