Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If Lukaku doesn't start against MU I think there is some issue between him and Mou. Surely after 2 horrible performances from our 2 other ST Lukaku should get his chance now?

LOL, believe me there is no issue between the two. It was similar to when Lukaku was on loan at WBA last season. He was a sub for the first two league games at WBA then gradually began to start games. Had Mourinho had an issue with him Lukaku would have been shipped out on loan again. Mourinho wanted him here for a reason and I am sure time will prove that.

LOL, believe me there is no issue between the two. It was similar to when Lukaku was on loan at WBA last season. He was a sub for the first two league games at WBA then gradually began to start games. Had Mourinho had an issue with him Lukaku would have been shipped out on loan again. Mourinho wanted him here for a reason and I am sure time will prove that.

Yeah hopefully, I would hate for our best ST atm getting beef with our one hell of a manager. But my opinion is that Lukaku should start against MU

Yeah hopefully, I would hate for our best ST atm getting beef with our one hell of a manager. But my opinion is that Lukaku should start against MU

I have this awkward feeling that Torres will start... I hope Mou proves me wrong.

I have this awkward feeling that Torres will start... I hope Mou proves me wrong.

Why? I don't think Mou will throw his long term option to the lions, endangering the confidence of the lad. Torrid will start and Lukaku to come on after 55 minutes!

Why? I don't think Mou will throw his long term option to the lions, endangering the confidence of the lad. Torrid will start and Lukaku to come on after 55 minutes!

Isn't that exactly what I'm saying, or am I missing something here :P ? Torres to start, Lukaku on the bench as a supersub, again.

Or do you mean it's for his own good not to start, yet?

Was curious to know how many goals exactly did Lukaku scored at West Brom last season in the Premier League when he starts and brought on as a sub. Turns out that he has actually scored more goals when he starts (11) than coming as a sub (6). Reason for saying that is because I've been reading things of people saying he's more of impact sub and coming on to score goals. The impact sub part maybe right as when he can make an impact late on in games with physical strength and freshness but certainly not in terms of scoring. Though it should be noted out of the 35 PL appearances Lukaku had for West Brom, he only completed the full 90 minutes 7 times and was subbed off on other 13 occasions when he starts.

Anyway, thought I would just post it here...

As Sub: (15)

vs Liverpool (H) - 1 [ON 67th min]

vs Tottenham (A) - 0 [ON 62th min]

vs Fulham (A) - 0 [ON 45th min]

vs Aston Villa (A) - 0 [ON 71st min]

vs QPR (H) - 0 [ON 62nd min]

vs Man City (H) - 0 [ON 81st min]

vs Southampton (H) - 0 [ON 70th min]

vs Sunderland (A)- 1 [ON 69th min]

vs Stoke (H) - 0 [ON 63rd min]

vs Arsenal (A) - 0 [ON 61st min]

vs West Ham (H) - 0 [ON 74th min]

vs Man United (A) - 0 [ON 66th min]

vs Liverpool (A) - 1 [ON 74th min]

vs Arsenal (H) - 0 [ON 61st min]

vs Man United (H) - 3 [ON 45th min]

As Starter: (20)

vs Reading (H) - 1 [OFF 77th min]

vs Newcastle (A) - 1 [OFF 64th min]

vs Wigan (A) - 0 [OFF 86th min]

vs Swansea (A) - 1 [FULL 90]

vs Norwich (H) - 1 [OFF 84th min]

vs QPR (A) - 0 [OFF 75th min]

vs Fulham (H) - 1 [FULL 90]

vs Reading (A) - 2 [FULL 90]

vs Aston Villa (H) - 0 [FULL 90]

vs Everton (A) - 0 [FULL 90]

vs Tottenham (H) - 0 [OFF 51st min]

vs Sunderland (H) - 2 [OFF 86th min]

vs Swansea (H) - 1 [OFF 80th min]

vs Stoke (A) - 0 [OFF 75th min]

vs West Ham (A) - 0 [FULL 90]

vs Newcastle (H) - 0 [OFF 89th min]

vs Southampton(A) - 1 [OFF 84th min]

vs Wigan (H) - 0 [OFF 64th min]

vs Man City (A) - 0 [FULL 90]

vs Norwich (A) - 0 [OFF 80th min]

Well, as a starter he scored once every 147 minutes, as a sub every 63.