• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

It's not about belittling what Liverpool did... but when you have two strikers in the form of their lives, you only play once a week in a very physical league you OF COURSE have an edge over other teams in one of those things. Defensively Liverpool are very poor and a mess, they concede tons of goals because their defense is PATHETIC. I'm not even blaming fully the players. The defensive tactics (positioning, coverage) is very, very, very poor.

Some of their players are having their best season ever, but that's because they're mainly fresh every match.

They WON'T win this, I'm positive, and next year when they have Europe football again they'll FLOP quickly because the players - especially older ones - won't be able to replicate their performances playing twice a week. They'll fail to get through UCL knock-outs depending on their groups (I don't know the coefficients but it must be very bad as they don't play European footie for a long while). They're likely to draw a big shark and maybe even a team like Napoli, Atletico, a Portuguese side. They don't qualify with a group with the likes of RM, Barça, Bayern, Juve, plus one of those mentioned above.

I really like Brendan, but let's not get carried away. He's got some very favorable circumstances and situations working for him. When they stop working (busier schedule - which leads to players not being as fresh and not being able to replicate their performances this season) it's the real challenge and that's when I think they'll fail because not even Suarez can make up for everything all the time. We all know he isn't the most known guy to score at the most important matches...

It's not about belittling what Liverpool did... but when you have two strikers in the form of their lives, you only play once a week in a very physical league you OF COURSE have an edge over other teams in one of those things. Defensively Liverpool are very poor and a mess, they concede tons of goals because their defense is PATHETIC. I'm not even blaming fully the players. The defensive tactics (positioning, coverage) is very, very, very poor.

Some of their players are having their best season ever, but that's because they're mainly fresh every match.

They WON'T win this, I'm positive, and next year when they have Europe football again they'll FLOP quickly because the players - especially older ones - won't be able to replicate their performances playing twice a week. They'll fail to get through UCL knock-outs depending on their groups (I don't know the coefficients but it must be very bad as they don't play European footie for a long while). They're likely to draw a big shark and maybe even a team like Napoli, Atletico, a Portuguese side. They don't qualify with a group with the likes of RM, Barça, Bayern, Juve, plus one of those mentioned above.

I really like Brendan, but let's not get carried away. He's got some very favorable circumstances and situations working for him. When they stop working (busier schedule - which leads to players not being as fresh and not being able to replicate their performances this season) it's the real challenge and that's when I think they'll fail because not even Suarez can make up for everything all the time. We all know he isn't the most known guy to score at the most important matches...

No one thought Liverpool would be this close to the title.

No one thought Liverpool would be this close to the title.

Did people expect them to finish #8 for the rest of their history? They don't have a bad squad, the league is the closest in the whole world, they do have tradition and *unbearable* fans behind them. I won't change my mind, it's circumstantial. The same way finishing #8 was... Neither reality is accurate. They're supposed to be what Arsenal are. A top 4 team... They were before (last few seasons) and they're now. They were supposed to be fighting with Arsenal for that #4 spot and in all honesty if Arsenal didn't have their usual dip of form when the season toughens they'd be closer to Liverpool. If I were at this forum a couple of season ago I'd be saying the same thing about them finishing #8 or #7.

As much as I enjoyed it, back then it was the opposite of what they have now, bad circumstances, such as terrible managers, players not committed enough, etc...

I understand their delusional fans getting carried away, neutrals make no sense in my head...

They're where they belong given their manager, players and investment, not higher nor lower. If we talk where I'd want them though, it's a different story...

Did people expect them to finish #8 for the rest of their history? They don't have a bad squad, the league is the closest in the whole world, they do have tradition and *unbearable* fans behind them. I won't change my mind, it's circumstantial. The same way finishing #8 was... Neither reality is accurate. They're supposed to be what Arsenal are. A top 4 team... They were before (last few seasons) and they're now. They were supposed to be fighting with Arsenal for that #4 spot and in all honesty if Arsenal didn't have their usual dip of form when the season toughens they'd be closer to Liverpool. If I were at this forum a couple of season ago I'd be saying the same thing about them finishing #8 or #7.

As much as I enjoyed it, back then it was the opposite of what they have now, bad circumstances, such as terrible managers, players not committed enough, etc...

I understand their delusional fans getting carried away, neutrals make no sense in my head...

They're where they belong given their manager, players and investment, not higher nor lower. If we talk where I'd want them though, it's a different story...

All I'm doing is giving them props for being way better than I thought they would be this season...I hate when people belittle our successes, I'm not going to say Liverpool aren't good when they're one point behind us with 31 games played.

All I'm doing is giving them props for being way better than I thought they would be this season...I hate when people belittle our successes, I'm not going to say Liverpool aren't good when they're one point behind us with 31 games played.

And when did I ever say they aren't good?

Just that they aren't this wonderful team people are NOW making them out to be. I said almost the opposite saying they should have fought for 4th place the last couple of seasons given their team and investment but they didn't because of bad circumstances.

They still have plenty of areas to work. Tactically they could do way better but I think Rodgers will get there. Where in the world a team with their squad would surprise people being in a title race? They have deficiencies just like we do but they have a good team... I don't get the overreaction