The English Football Thread

Steve

Arsenal is sliding, as I predicted back in January. Personally, I would not be surprised to see them missing on 4th place. I believe, Citeh will hammer them 3 or 4 goals, soon.

As for Manures, this is the biggest joke of this season. This team has already dropped more points in comparison to last season in the history of the PL, I believe. When I look at poor Mata, his struggles on the pitch, Jose must be laughing by now.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Moyes is really shooting himself in the foot, if he hasn't already, by basically playing the 'underdog' card to Liverpool and Manchester City. First he said Liverpool are the favorites in their recent game against United and now City are what they must aspire to be and reach their level. It might be true but it is unthinkable for a manager managing a big club like United readily bowing down and praising arguably their 2 fierciest rivals in the public. Typical case of a manager with a small club mentality. Almost like Hodgson at Liverpool.

Ouch! Said this the other day, players that go to Arsenal to play under Wenger would not develop into a genuine world class player. They may well improve their technical abilities and maybe even their physical abilities to play the tippy-tappy football but not the mental aspects as well that will take them to the next level. They are like glass and fragile. Knock them off a little bit and they'll crack. It's no surprise that in recent years when Arsenal have been challenging for the title, they always crack and fall away come February or March onwards. However when they are only fighting to finish 4th, they don't and always go on a strong run to finish the season well.

Well that might be true in recent years but Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp.... those were world class players and also real leaders.

I think Wenger is an excellent coach and he's created some fantastic teams but there comes a point where a manager isn't able to motivate his players anymore and Wenger reached that point some years back. If Liverpool actually finish above Arsenal, then he should probably do the right thing and step down.

City may well go into double figures at the Emirates, that Arsenal side have given up. The same feeling I had before the United game ('hoping' they could do us a favour) is the same one for this weeks game.

They're worried about fourth now, Everton 6 points back with a game in hand AND have Arsenal coming to Goodison Park.

Well that might be true in recent years but Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp.... those were world class players and also real leaders.

I think Wenger is an excellent coach and he's created some fantastic teams but there comes a point were a manager is unable to motivate his players anymore and Wenger reached that point a few years ago. If Liverpool actually finish ahead of Arsenal, then he should probably do the right thing and step down.

Well one of the fans said it correct, just like Brian clough who was amazing and then went into decline so too is Wenger.

Sometimes managers are like players, they have a span where they are motivated and at their top for a certain amount of years and then they decline.

What saf did is unreal and not many managers can do that.

Once your over your peek the wisest thing is to resign before you drag the club any more lower.

They're worried about fourth now, Everton 6 points back with a game in hand AND have Arsenal coming to Goodison Park.

I hope this works as a motivation for them, as we need City to draw at least 2 games.

Though I have more hopes of Everton and Pool to do something for us. Arsenal is quickly falling down...

Arsenal vs city - win, win, win situation.

Arsenal win is a win situation for the most obvious reason.

Draw is a good situation too as both arsenal and city drop points and if everton win they can put arsenal under real pressure for top 4

Arsenal loss is another win situation as they would lose their grip on tge 4th spot specially with them having to go to goodison.

The inevitable meltdown and that 'f**king lamp post' comment again.. :lol:

I like those fanzone cameras.

You can say what you like.

Imagine doing it for things other than football ...

I mean I can say something like "Rapid Wien are a lousy team". Chances are I 'm telling the truth and in addition they are not likely to make the trip from Wien to come here and catch me.

If you do the same thing for other issues or indeed for the other sports, you need some really good lawyers plus karate-judo lessons to survive.

I like those fanzone cameras.

You can say what you like.

Imagine doing it for things other than football ...

I mean I can say something like "Rapid Wien are a lousy team". Chances are I 'm telling the truth and in addition they are not likely to make the trip from Wien to come here and catch me.

If you do the same thing for other issues or indeed for the other sports, you need some really good lawyers plus karate-judo lessons to survive.

Hey, that's the one with the lamp post. Comes on every week.

Oh he said it again ...

(thought I pasted the MU fans but i did the gooner)

I think Wenger is an excellent coach and he's created some fantastic teams but there comes a point where a manager isn't able to motivate his players anymore and Wenger reached that point some years back. If Liverpool actually finish above Arsenal, then he should probably do the right thing and step down.

I think it's easy when you already have players who are tough characters, strong and have that winning mentality like the Vieira, Adams, Keown, Henry etc. The manager only needed to push them a little bit more to get things going. I kinda disagree Wenger is an excellent coach. Maybe he is on the technical aspects of playing football but overall, I just feel he's a good manager that is desperately lacking in some areas. As I stated weeks ago, I get the impression that he is only interesting in coaching his players how to play football and doesn't seem to put much effort into improving them tactically, defensively like other managers would normally do. Moreover, I don't think he's capable of coaxing his players to have that ruthlessness and winning mentality to be successful consistently.

A player may be good at playing football but if he isn't strong mentally and have that winning edge about them, they will not rise to the next level, be a genuine top class player. It is what seperate the top managers like Mourinho, Alex Ferguson with the others. They are able to toughen up their players mentally and character wise and push them that little bit further. Heck, even average players at United were able to perform above their level under Fergie. With Wenger, I just don't get that at all. He has sold a few players here and there over the years but still have a good squad and yet not able to instil that winning edge into his players. When the going gets tough, they are not able to handle them. When it isn't, they'll shine most...in the unimportant part of the season.

I wish Sunderland start with Nacho Scocco tonight.

His speciality is to score goals like the Ramirez goal in Nuevo Camp (the 2-1).

Nacho Scocco - Messi comparison:

He has also scored some goals from the centre circle like Rooney's against West Ham, not shown here.