The English Football Thread

Steve

Don't be. They have almost zero rotation. They will drop a lot of points in December when their star players start burning out.

I would not be so sure to see the goons burning out. Chelsea have very little rotation too. What about them ? We already seen one tired team in Swiss.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I don't actually mind Le Arse being at the top - usually it was Utd, now it's Arse...

What do they have in common?

Longegivity in Managers... Arse is now the longest serving manager - and have a way of playing football that is ingrained into the club...

Yes Ozil has helped - no denying...

BUT keeping faith in a manager has paid dividends. We all know they will bottle the cups and ultimately finish 4th - but if we kept the same manager for more than 2 years - WHAT COULD WE ACHIEVE? ;)

Some of you already moaning about Mou? Seriously? I love this minute by minute support... ;)

:clap::clap::clap:

Arsenal have been playing with one starting eleven, except flamini or arteta switching. That is why they have blended so well. They are the only top team with perfect understanding among themselves and team chemistry. Mancity is close because they too have a recognized starting 11(i dont understand their away day blues though)

When we get our settled starting 11(im hoping by January latest) we should hit top gear with perfect team understanding and knock arsenal off the top. Luckily for us, we are still in touching distance while playing at 40%

Arsenal have been playing with one starting eleven, except flamini or arteta switching. That is why they have blended so well. They are the only top team with perfect understanding among themselves and team chemistry. Mancity is close because they too have a recognized starting 11(i dont understand their away day blues though)

When we get our settled starting 11(im hoping by January latest) we should hit top gear with perfect team understanding and knock arsenal off the top. Luckily for us, we are still in touching distance while playing at 40%

I don't know why it's taking so long for Mourinho to settle on his starting XI...

All this chop and change in terms of attacking midfielders ruins team chemistry and creates poor performances...

I don't know why it's taking so long for Mourinho to settle on his starting XI...

All this chop and change in terms of attacking midfielders ruins team chemistry and creates poor performances...

I think mourinho is really trying to stay for the long run. Thats why he is sacrificing his record to try and find the right players for a system of play. I'm hoping we dont fall of the title race by then though but it has to come by early january at the latest.

Because you are never comparing apples with apples - every game is different West Ham and Basel - who saw that coming?

We've had 3 different managers in 2 years - it's hard to enforce a style of play (consistently) and we have a glutton of players in some positions and lacking in others - we need a few years to rebuild the team with the right balance.

Chemistry in real life isn't like FIFA - you get out what you put in and that 5-6 days a week on the training ground.

It takes time - but the end product is worth it.

The world has become too impatient, we're now a global disposable society - but ask yourself this one question, sure you can get a pizza, kebab, burger 24x7 - but does it honestly taste as good as your Mums Sunday lunch (or national dish)... Because in UK a Sunday Roast takes 4-5 hours, is hard work but SO rewarding...

I hope that's whats happening now at Chelsea - we've tried the fast food option, got indigestion (but still won a trophy) - now is the time for some good old patience whilst we wait to savour the dish...

It's late - I could be talking bollox - but it makes sense to me... :)

Fair play, went to watch the game with a couple of Arsenal fans today and Arsenal were fantastic.

I've seen plenty of Arsenal games this season, nearly as many as CFC due to my mates and they deserve to be leading the league at the moment - however their players will start burning out soon if Wenger doesn't rotate this month.

I'm still confident us and City especially are able to claw points back because we haven't hit full gear like they have yet. Once we (hopefully soon) do, we'll definitely be able to do exactly that - especially in the games against Arsenal.

Because you are never comparing apples with apples - every game is different West Ham and Basel - who saw that coming?

We've had 3 different managers in 2 years - it's hard to enforce a style of play (consistently) and we have a glutton of players in some positions and lacking in others - we need a few years to rebuild the team with the right balance.

Chemistry in real life isn't like FIFA - you get out what you put in and that 5-6 days a week on the training ground.

It takes time - but the end product is worth it.

The world has become too impatient, we're now a global disposable society - but ask yourself this one question, sure you can get a pizza, kebab, burger 24x7 - but does it honestly taste as good as your Mums Sunday lunch (or national dish)... Because in UK a Sunday Roast takes 4-5 hours, is hard work but SO rewarding...

I hope that's whats happening now at Chelsea - we've tried the fast food option, got indigestion (but still won a trophy) - now is the time for some good old patience whilst we wait to savour the dish...

It's late - I could be talking bollox - but it makes sense to me... :)

It's obvious that chemistry in real life isn't like FIFA...and I should know, as I worked as a professional youth coach at League 1/League 2 level.

As for your fast food comment, I'm not sure how good or bad it tastes because I only eat fast food 2-3 times a year....

Your right it is time for some good old patience from the fans..but the bigger question is Roman willing to be patient?

It's obvious that chemistry in real life isn't like FIFA...and I should know, as I worked as a professional youth coach at League 1/League 2 level.

As for your fast food comment, I'm not sure how good or bad it tastes because I only eat fast food 2-3 times a year....

Your right it is time for some good old patience from the fans..but the bigger question is Roman willing to be patient?

Hope so - we have very few options left :(

Cool on the coaching :)

Today's team: Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli; Soldado #THFC

Confirmed #mufc XI: De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Jones, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney.

When the fuck have the done to Aaron Ramsey? They must have invented a wonder drug that enhances mental and physical performance. If the bastard keeps it up, he is looking at being the next big goal scoring midfielder. I just don't get how he can instantly go from average to world class in a single off-season. And it doesn't seem like he fit 'form', it seems he has upped his game and reached the next level.