• Replies 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

True. But let's not forget we won the first 7 games but not convincingly at all. And in several games we arguably didn't "deserve" the victory.

I do agree with your point and one game means nothing and we are definitely in the mix no matter how good city looked. But you have to say that they were exceptional. So were we of course for the first 25 Mins until we took our foot of the gas.

Gonna be a good season, it wouldn't be much fun if everything was easy. :)

Spot on mate. Though we were decent in our first game, I am happy that we have lots of room for improvement where as I hope City blow their beans too soon and cracks start to stretch in their season. United are great examples of starting slow and steadily growing as the season progresses.

Well, Citeh won convincingly, last night. However, to play against mediocre Newcastle & against 10 men it was expected, at least I thought so.

So far, Citeh & Chelsea looked pretty good in my view. As I already posted here, the title will be decided between these two teams, this season. I also think, Citeh have a bit better bench than Chelsea. For Chelsea to have any chance, it´s going to be prerogative to win against Citeh, this season.

the title will be decided between these two teams, this season.

I honestly think United have as good a shot as we do this season. I'm not sure why people are counting them out so quickly, it's the same team that finished WAY above us last season, and our signings aren't going to make THAT strong a difference. I understand the difference in managers this year, but van Persie is still van freaking Persie, and unless he gets injured, I can't see us finishing more than a few points above United, even though I like our squad a lot better. They just always find a way.

I honestly think United have as good a shot as we do this season. I'm not sure why people are counting them out so quickly, it's the same team that finished WAY above us last season, and our signings aren't going to make THAT strong a difference. I understand the difference in managers this year, but van Persie is still van freaking Persie, and unless he gets injured, I can't see us finishing more than a few points above United, even though I like our squad a lot better. They just always find a way.

Well, anything can happen & i am not counting them out. I just stated my opinion.

Yes, United finished above Chelsea last year. The only reason it had happened was because of Chelsea´s instability of last year. Overall United do not have better team than Chelsea, I feel.

As for Van P. I agree he is their top striker. Much better than Chelsea do have at the moment. On the other hand, Chelsea have better midfield, by far. Even Chelsea´s defense can match United one any day.

So, I would suggest to wait & see. I believe in Chelsea´s team this year.

City were good, and you can only beat what's in front of you, but Newcastle were not allowed to play by City, they dominated midfield as will be the case with most game they play this season. Toure is a truck and him and Fernandinho will be trult awesome when they get up to full speed, really think they will take some beating this season. Aguero's finish was sublime, the only place he could score, he scored. Navas was just the Navas we seen at Sevilla, loads of energy and pace to burn attacking at every given oppurtunity and looked very dangerous all night. Dzeko is just one of those players who's a nightmare to play against, he's a big lump but a bloody good one as he is so difficult to shake off the ball and reads the game quite brilliant.

Spurs doing a very good job at strengthening their squad and replacing Bale, didnt think Levy would allow AVB to spend that much money...

Adding Willian, Lamela and another player on the back (as Villas-Boas mentioned after their game on Sunday) will surely make them top4 favourites ahead of Arsenal.

Spurs doing a very good job at strengthening their squad and replacing Bale, didnt think Levy would allow AVB to spend that much money...

Adding Willian, Lamela and another player on the back (as Villas-Boas mentioned after their game on Sunday) will surely make them top4 favourites ahead of Arsenal.

Should do be intresting to see what happens if they do considering its been 'get Wenger out' oh we're top 4 we've achieved again blah blah.

Urgh Van Persie scoring still.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-willian-arrives-in-london-to-complete-30m-tottenham-move-as-spurs-beat-liverpool-to-the-signing-of-the-anzhi-makhachkala-star-8776221.html

If it goes through it will be a great signing for them... Too funny that liverpool fans are pretending he is shit because he will pick spurs over liverpool.

Arsenal's Champions League opponents Fenerbahce will not learn whether the appeal against their ban from competing in Europe has been successful until after their qualifying tie. The Court of Arbitration for Sport has confirmed that it will issue its decision on Wednesday, 28 August - the morning after the second leg at the Emirates Stadium...

You just KNOW what's going to happen, don't you???

Arsenal's Champions League opponents Fenerbahce will not learn whether the appeal against their ban from competing in Europe has been successful until after their qualifying tie. The Court of Arbitration for Sport has confirmed that it will issue its decision on Wednesday, 28 August - the morning after the second leg at the Emirates Stadium...

You just KNOW what's going to happen, don't you???

This sounds stupid! Although it will be quite funny to see Arsenal lose to them in the quarters but getting the spot at thier expense!

But if Fenebarche gets banned from the CL, won't the team from finishing below them in Turkey get the nod ahead of Arsenal?

This sounds stupid! Although it will be quite funny to see Arsenal lose to them in the quarters but getting the spot at thier expense!

But if Fenebarche gets banned from the CL, won't the team from finishing below them in Turkey get the nod ahead of Arsenal?

That would make sense otherwise it be a case of them getting through purley down to getting lucky in the draw