The English Football Thread

Steve

We finished 3 points behind City last season and have considerably improved our squad, the only difference between us last season was the head to head's.

I can see City dropping a lot more silly points than us this term, which could be the difference even if they beat us twice.

The thing is I still think we will get bully by bigger aggressive teams.

Ramires did great the first game of the season and so did Lampard. But Lampard won't be a starter every game, and if Ramires can maintain that form then we might have a chance.

But this was one area of our game that sucked last season. We would be totally hopeless against those aggressive side, that when they pressure us people like Mata and Oscar would disappear.

They can't take a Yaya Toure on your ass type of action.

Ah I miss the old Essien and Maka type of players.

• Replies 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

If we're being completely honest here, City are stronger than us in every area of the pitch except for attacking midfield.

They have a better defense, better forwards, and a vastly superior central midfield.

We buy one player in each of those areas however and it would probably take us above them. It's going to take a hell of a lot to finish above them but I have faith in Jose.

Hopefully we're keeping some ultra secret deals going behind the scenes.

Last season City where better than United in every single area, and I mean every single area with the exception of Van Persie.

Results win you games, we have a squad full of good friends and sportsmen, not a team full of brats. United didn't have the quality but they had the commitment, and that's why they won the title by so many points.

Mentality and team work >>> quality.

Last season City where better than United in every single area, and I mean every single area with the exception of Van Persie.

Results win you games, we have a squad full of good friends and sportsmen, not a team full of brats. United didn't have the quality but they had the commitment, and that's why they won the title by so many points.

Mentality and team work >>> quality.

Managers.

Mancini was a joke, just like Benitez at Chelsea.

And both teams under perform despite having better squad then United. United only have one world class player in Van Persie that made all the difference. Combine with the fox of SAF, made for a great recipe.

Pellegrini and Mourinho are both great managers. So both team shall do better then with previous manager.

Ramires did great the first game and so did Lampard. But Lampard won't be a starter every game, and if Ramires can maintain that form then we might have a chance.

But this was one are of our game that sucked last season. We would be totally hopeless against those aggressive side, that when they pressure us people like Mata and Oscar would disappear.

Ramires, this is his 3rd season, and he's fully committed, Ramires is a true sportsman. Yaya Toure is a horrible twat, arrogant, lazy and couldn't give a fuck unless he got that paycheck.

It isn't about having world class players in every area, it's about having the right people as well as players, not just players.

Yaya Toure is also the type of person which will leave space open at the back, for the likes of Oscar and Hazard to take action. Do not overestimate them, they have the quality, but we have the fight and determination, we know what we have to do, and we also have the patience to wait teams out. There first game of the season they scored 4 goals, let them get all the pressure on them, let them think they will win the title. We scored 2 goals and passed the ball around 2nd half, Mourinho knows about the heavy games, so we took it easy, we hardly passed the ball at all in there half. That will benefit us come November to December.

Managers.

Mancini was a joke, just like Benitez at Chelsea.

And both teams under perform despite having better squad then United. United only have one world class player in Van Persie that made all the difference. Combine with the fox of SAF, made for a great recipe.

Pellegrini and Mourinho are both great managers. So both team shall do better then with previous manager.

What makes Pellegrini so great?

The fact that he already had a really good team but still decided to spend 100 million on brand new egos?

Or Mourinho, who never lost a home game with Chelsea, won two titles in two seasons, won the Champions League with Porto and Inter. Also winning the La Liga which is the hardest job in the world with Real Madrid, where you have extreme pressure and huge egos who have so much power with the owner.

Ramires, this is his 3rd season, and he's fully committed, Ramires is a true sportsman. Yaya Toure is a horrible twat, arrogant, lazy and couldn't give a fuck unless he got that paycheck.

It isn't about having world class players in every area, it's about having the right people as well as players, not just players.

Yaya Toure is also the type of person which will leave space open at the back, for the likes of Oscar and Hazard to take action. Do not overestimate them, they have the quality, but we have the fight and determination, we know what we have to do, and we also have the patience to wait teams out. There first game of the season they scored 4 goals, let them get all the pressure on them, let them think they will win the title. We scored 2 goals and passed the ball around 2nd half, Mourinho knows about the heavy games, so we took it easy, we hardly passed the ball at all in there half. That will benefit us come November to December.

That still doesn't negate the fact that players like Oscar and Mata go missing when you got a big guy like Yaya on your ass being so aggressive!

This is what Ramires is suppose to be for us and he did it marvelous in the first game of the season.

If he can continue that and improve then we will have a new type of Essien player bossing the mid like Yaya.

Not a passive player like Mikel.

The fact that he already had a really good team but still decided to spend 100 million on brand new egos?

Or Mourinho, who never lost a home game with Chelsea, won two titles in two seasons, won the Champions League with Porto and Inter. Also winning the La Liga which is the hardest job in the world with Real Madrid, where you have extreme pressure and huge egos who have so much power with the owner.

Mourinho is better, but Pellegrini still a great manager.

Ramires did great the first game of the season and so did Lampard. But Lampard won't be a starter every game, and if Ramires can maintain that form then we might have a chance.

But this was one area of our game that sucked last season. We would be totally hopeless against those aggressive side, that when they pressure us people like Mata and Oscar would disappear.

I do agree in a sense, but out of the top 8 i can only see City and possibly Tottenham being a nuisance to us physically. The physical teams below the top 8, we still should be far too good for if we bring anything above our b game (for example, see the Stoke away game last season).

I think we will be in a similar way to United under Fergie this campaign under Jose this term, their's still weakness in our squad but domestically it won't harm us too much, it will be the CL were we will get our fingers burned.

That still doesn't negate the fact that players like Oscar and Mata go missing when you got a big guy like Yaya on your ass being so aggressive!

This is what Ramires is suppose to be for us and he did it marvelous in the first game of the season.

If he can continue that and improve then we will have a new type of Essien player bossing the mid like Yaya.

Not a passive player like Mikel.

Mourinho is better, but Pellegrini still a great manager.

What are you talking about? Stop using silly terms like bossing

You're like one of those people who play football manager and say that those players in real life are BEASTS even though you've never seen them play. Yaya Toure is a world class player, but he does not 'boss' the midfield in anyway, he's a very lazy player, in fact he was the reason why Man City got knocked out in the Champions League, he gifted Ajax two goals, and he certainly didn't help in the Dortmund game.

Players like Essien where the real box to box midfleders, always working hard, Toure does not even know the meaning of working hard.

Can you please provide some intellect and stop using silly references, because you're just saying things that aren't even true for starters, but most of all you're overestimating Man City over one bloody game.

I totally agree

Epeople forget how unpredictable football is and that anything can happen untill now and the end of the season. City did look mustard tonight but look at how we started last season allbeit with a weaker squad.

True. But let's not forget we won the first 7 games but not convincingly at all. And in several games we arguably didn't "deserve" the victory.

I do agree with your point and one game means nothing and we are definitely in the mix no matter how good city looked. But you have to say that they were exceptional. So were we of course for the first 25 Mins until we took our foot of the gas.

Gonna be a good season, it wouldn't be much fun if everything was easy. :)

What are you talking about? Stop using silly terms like bossing

You're like one of those people who play football manager and say that those players in real life are BEASTS even though you've never seen them play. Yaya Toure is a world class player, but he does not 'boss' the midfield in anyway, he's a very lazy player, in fact he was the reason why Man City got knocked out in the Champions League, he gifted Ajax two goals, and he certainly didn't help in the Dortmund game.

Players like Essien where the real box to box midfleders, always working hard, Toure does not even know the meaning of working hard.

Can you please provide some intellect and stop using silly references, because you're just saying things that aren't even true for starters, but most of all you're overestimating Man City over one bloody game.

Well I only seen City play when they play against Chelsea, and in those games Yaya definitely boss the midfield like the old days of Essien.

Weather he screw up in other games I can't comment cause I have not watched those matches.

And overestimating City over one game? No not really, I believe they got a good squad just like Mourinho said.

They are the favorites because their squad is ready to hit the ground running just like when Mourinho came the first time at Chelsea. They got men, and we got boys who still need another season to be at their top.

I also believe Pellegrini is a really good coach.

Oh sorry, I thought you wanted to have a good argument and not troll around.

Have a good day sir.

You don't even give an explanation you just say things, it's hard to have a good argument when you're not even reading what I'm saying, because if you did you wouldn't repeat the same statements I already proven wrong.

You don't even give an explanation you just say things, it's hard to have a good argument when you're not even reading what I'm saying, because if you did you wouldn't repeat the same statements I already proven wrong.

Well I did said that I have no idea about the CL and other games but only the games against Chelsea.

So my analysis was base on the Chelsea matches, and in all the games he played against Chelsea he was a boss.