The English Football Thread

Steve

Lol.

City are looking really good. Gonna be a real tough fight for victory this season.

With our current central midfield I just cannot see us beating this City side.

They look very strong all over the pitch whereas we're still in need of a couple players.

• Replies 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Give us Yaya Toure and Fernandinho and put them in our piviot and weve got a perfect team (if we solve our striker problem).

Lol. So basically give us two players and a striker then we have the perfect team.

The way i see it, City and us have fairly equal defences. They have a much better central midfield. We have a marginally better Attacking midfield and they have a much much better attack.

But i wouldn't write us off just yet. Uniteds team has been worse than both of our teams last season and they won it. And we have mourinho.

Except the managerial change in City, and its a big change- awful Mancini to Pellegrini, the improvement for City this season will come from the fantastic Fernandinho. Till now, like i thought, he improves City's midfield a lot.

I didnt thought their summer was that good, i think Negredo is average for this level and also Navas, while Jovetic is very good and talented, but seems like a squad player for now, and he isnt better than Tevez.... BUT, those two changes i mentioned before are enough for them to be a much better threat than last season.

I think City are the best team in the Premier League this season not because of one half either. They had the most talent last year but had some key injuries (Kompany, Silva, Toure missed time in Africa), some major distractions (Balotelli and Tevez) and then they added a lot of players of quality that fit what they needed.If they win, the credit will be given to the new manager, but I just think it's a matter of the most expensive and most talented team, winning.

Jamie Carragher, god i can hardly understand a word he says. I can't believe that Sky picked him, how many ex LIverpool people do they need, Redknapp and Souness enough already.

At least they arn't proper scouse. The accent just pisses me off. And the more excited he gets the higher he goes....

Calm down Calm down.

hmmm so it is what I thought City the favorite for the tittles.

I will only wait for Chelsea till December to see if we got a chance. As always we start good and then start fading away.

No one has been able to survive the November period for quite a long while. Let's see if Mourinho can overcome this period of "Bad Moment" as Carlo used to put it.