• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Scholes is, imo, the greatest every midfielder ever in the PL. Just the complete midfielder.

You might want to rephrase that. But yeah, his passing set him apart but until age caught up, all the other aspects of his game were good, except for tackling ofcourse

Scholes is, imo, is the greatest midfielder ever in the PL. Just the complete midfielder.

Depends on how you see your midfielder. SAF said Scholes is the best player ever for United and the same man said he lost out on signing Lampard because where would he get 200 goals. Youu wouldn't see Scholes making that run Lampard did to score no.203 whereas u wouldn't see Lampard sitting back and dictating even the last ever game of his career at home

Also consistency is massively underrated. Scholes started his playing career in the 93-94 season, will be 39 this year, while Frank started his career 2 years later 95-96 season and will be 35 this year.

Frank has played almost 900 matches for club and country in that time, almost a 100 more games than Scholes has. Ofcourse having more goals and assists!

Depends on how you see your midfielder. SAF said Scholes is the best player ever for United and the same man said he lost out on signing Lampard because where would he get 200 goals. Youu wouldn't see Scholes making that run Lampard did to score no.203 whereas u wouldn't see Lampard sitting back and dictating even the last ever game of his career at home

Also consistency is massively underrated. Scholes started his playing career in the 93-94 season, will be 39 this year, while Frank started his career 2 years later 95-96 season and will be 35 this year.

Frank has played almost 900 matches for club and country in that time, almost a 100 more games than Scholes has. Ofcourse having more goals and assists!

What Frank does is more of a strikers instinct; you would not expect that from your midfielder. When I say Scholes is the best midfielder, I mean that he was the best at everything a midfielder does (except tackling, maybe). His passing is second to none of his generation, not even Xavi, imho.

I love Frank, but if you ask me which of the two I'd rather have in my team, I'd say Paul without a moments hesitation.

What Frank does is more of a strikers instinct; you would not expect that from your midfielder. When I say Scholes is the best midfielder, I mean that he was the best at everything a midfielder does (except tackling, maybe). His passing is second to none of his generation, not even Xavi, imho.

I love Frank, but if you ask me which of the two I'd rather have in my team, I'd say Paul without a moments hesitation.

Fair enough! When it comes to passing, even i am in awe of some of Scholes's long ranger! But i would still rate Lampard better in Heading, Hard work, Set pieces, Defending and reading of the game.

Fair enough! When it comes to passing, even i am in awe of some of Scholes's long ranger! But i would still rate Lampard better in Heading, Hard work, Set pieces, Defending and reading of the game.

Really?! The past season and a half aside, Lamaprd never tracked back and defended! He was always the most advanced in a 3-man midfield.

Really?! The past season and a half aside, Lamaprd never tracked back and defended! He was always the most advanced in a 3-man midfield.

When compared to Scholes that is. I never see Scholes in his own team's box. He is always outside dictating which he does pretty well!

Are you really serious?

When compared to Scholes that is. I never see Scholes in his own team's box. He is always outside dictating which he does pretty well!

Fair enough. But I think Scholes is much better at defending, blocking channels and marking people than Frank, who does a job when asked, but is a 'defender'.