• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Really, Semedo should have been sent off there. Was a clear foul with not really a genuine attempt to win ball. Lucky or this could of gone into double figures.

All City opponents have nothing to play for. Even Spurs won't help their biggest rival even tho they always play great against them. 

Everton’s former chief Keith Wyness has insisted Chelsea and other clubs should face “draconian punishment” if they are caught exploiting the new financial rules with loopholes.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/Chelsea-facing-draconian-punishment-amid-whistleblower-claim-wyness/

Speaking on the new edition of Football Insider’s Inside Track podcast, the 66-year-old – who served as CEO at Goodison Park between 2004 and 2009 and now runs a football consultancy advising elite clubs – claimed the Premier League would likely have to rely on “whistleblowers” and admitted the new proposals will be “hard to police”.

On Monday (29 April), Premier League clubs voted in favour of developing plans to introduce a spending cap – which will reportedly be set at around £500million per season.

The rules would limit outlay on transfers, wages and agents’ fees and 16 clubs voted in favour of their introduction, with Chelsea abstaining.

Chelsea face ‘draconian punishment’ after new ‘loophole’ claim, says Wyness

Finance guru Kieran Maguire has previously told Football Insider (20 April) that Chelsea “made a mockery” of the current Premier League financial rules by using a loophole to sell two hotels to a sister company for £77million – and avoiding a Profitability and Sustainability Rule breach.

Wyness insisted top-flight chiefs must “come down very, very heavy” on clubs looking to exploit the new rules when they are introduced.

He told Football Insider‘s Insider Track podcast: “The only way you can police these things is by having the clubs sign a statement confirming they have complied with the rules, and not gone out of their way to get around those rules.

“You’ve then got to rely on whistleblowers. Things do come out, either through agents or players, and you’d hope that would be the case.

“If they do catch a club using loopholes, they would have to come down very, very heavy. It would certainly be a draconian punishment.

“The Premier League will have to get forensic accountants in place to look at things. It will be very hard to police.”

In other news, Chelsea fans are all saying the same thing about Pochettino getting sacked.

4 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

KDB has been fantastic today.

Its insane how he's able to still play at this level while Hazard sits at home making terrible podcasts.

Who cares? Hazard was the better footballer.

44 minutes ago, Thor said:

Who cares? Hazard was the better footballer.

That's a lot more debatable today than it was 10 years ago when they knocked my country out of the World Cup....thats for sure.😂

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

no

De Bruyne will go down as far better

02f82da1089dcbb6534a7ed72d7376fa.png99eaf6c1d27bde7957874d102aa79a6e.pngfdfad504e8bd86fd918280cf911e7f94.png84c1121b69b56089b463f55f041377d4.png

v

e4c42cfee45203c98033a9af6d89fc81.png5960f9dadb39ee3cdb1b89ebda3d7eb7.png

Hazard was a passenger for all those Real trophies as well

0d01a6fdcf1e9a01dfc94e3e9a0506c2.png556a1e179c70095d9d493754a7d8f75d.png

What do I care about these "awards". I never mentioned anything about more accomplished. 

They literally played at the same time, at times on the same team, and Hazard was the better player. 

He played football better. 

KDB was the more rounded player with shooting and vision that Eden never had.
Eden had a bit more tight control and a lot more dribbling ability.

However, for me the big difference between the 2 was teamwork, aggression, the mental aspects of the game. Eden does not have a single great game in the toughest stages of the CL, for ex. Wasn't the most dedicated player in games or in training; multiple reports from former teammates indicate that.

For me, personally, KDB was the more dangerous player esp with his shooting ability -- difficult to defend against that.
Down to stats and awards, there is really no comparison.

Its like the World Cup doesn't exist where we saw KDB be a passenger and Eden constantly carry them with historically great performances. 

Easy to look better when KDB has consistently throughout his career had a better team. 

Arbitrary and non measurable things are typically what we resort to citing when you can't explain. 

I don't ever remember KDB being in the Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar contest. Eden was. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

What do I care about these "awards". I never mentioned anything about more accomplished. 

They literally played at the same time, at times on the same team, and Hazard was the better player. 

He played football better. 

on balance of their career, no, no he did not

the stats, the trophies, and the awards (yes they do count at some level) bear this out

I would take peak De Bruyne over peak Hazard as well, especially as peak De Bruyne lasted far longer 

I really do not care if me holding this opinion makes me hated here

I am not going to state an opinion I do not believe in just to get pats on the head