• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, DDA said:

Arteta is the real deal. Just watch and see.

I think so too.

As long as he is backed by the cheapskate cunt yank owners, he presents a massive problem for us going forward.

Making the CL from the EPL is going to becoming staggeringly hard as the years wind by.

Hopefully Everton never get their shit fully together, and Wolves and Leicester are picked clean and fall back to mid-table (or lower, I would not shed a tear if both were relegated again within 5 years)

If not, we will have 9 teams fighting over 4 places soon (already have 8)

No other league in the world has this situation every single year

Serie A  (Juve and Inter are the 2 main powers now, as AC Milan have collapsed as a team/organisation, with Napoli (looks like they are coming to an end in terms of a top team soon) Roma, and maybe Lazio (I am a doubter over the long term) being in and out) is the closest, and then the Bundesliga (Bayern, Dortmund and now RB Leipzig are the consistent big 3) have pop-ups every now and then, but usually with no true staying power. La Liga is always going to be the Big 3 and then a few other teams like Valencia, Sevilla and a 'rotating etc' scrapping over 4th.

'Unai Emery was a waste of time' - the Chelsea view on Mikel Arteta to Arsenal

Frank Lampard has shown that appointing a former midfielder to the post of head coach can work wonders at Chelsea but Mikel Arteta's appointment at Arsenal will be a different beast

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/mikel-arteta-arsenal-chelsea-news-17456949

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think so too.

As long as he is backed by the cheapskate cunt yank owners, he presents a massive problem for us going forward.

Making the CL from the EPL is going to becoming staggeringly hard as the years wind by.

Hopefully Everton never get their shit fully together, and Wolves and Leicester are picked clean and fall back to mid-table (or lower, I would not shed a tear if both were relegated again within 5 years)

If not, we will have 9 teams fighting over 4 places soon (already have 8)

No other league in the world has this situation every single year

Serie A  (Juve and Inter are the 2 main powers now, as AC Milan have collapsed as a team/organisation, with Napoli (looks like they are coming to an end in terms of a top team soon) Roma, and maybe Lazio (I am a doubter over the long term) being in and out) is the closest, and then the Bundesliga (Bayern, Dortmund and now RB Leipzig are the consistent big 3) have pop-ups every now and then, but usually with no true staying power. La Liga is always going to be the Big 3 and then a few other teams like Valencia, Sevilla and a 'rotating etc' scrapping over 4th.

Have to say,  I agree. The only advantage we currently have is our owner and the depth of his pockets. That's the only way for us to stay relevant in the hunt for challenging City and Liverpool. What worries me though, is he seems reluctant to buy the really top players. 

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Have to say,  I agree. The only advantage we currently have is our owner and the depth of his pockets. That's the only way for us to stay relevant in the hunt for challenging City and Liverpool. What worries me though, is he seems reluctant to buy the really top players. 

I think if we can fully hold our nerve in integrating the best academy players in the team that's how we get back challenging.

19 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Arsenal only needed to wait till end of December.. then again we play them in January too. Prob wouldn't make a difference mind. Seeing as we lost to Bournemouth and all 

Football doesnt work like that.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

We gave Duncan Ferguson his solitary win as Everton manager...

Its chrismas my man......Chelsea always oblige handing out wins to those that are struggling, we like to give 3 helping pts to those in dire need.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Did anyone watched arsenal played recently? 

Where is pepe? There is no way that he is not starting over these arsenal kids

he has been starting every game, I did not watch the game, was out x-mas shopping with wifey for a few colleagues