The English Football Thread

Steve

5 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

If you ask me VAR should and must have been implemented long time ago. I keep seeing this 'sucks out the joy of celebrations' and frankly I don't get it. Let's forget about our rivalry with Spurs. What about their fans? Or any other fans in their position? Your team concedes in the last minute by a hand ball, but it's still allowed. How do they feel in the aftermath of all this? For me it's about the opposition fans as well, not only about those who's team score and it's dissalowed by VAR. 

Sucks the joy out of celebrations or not, it really does not matter, VAR simply took the right decision and did not allow a team to win after a hand ball (the new rule says it is a definite hand ball) and spares us all from an endless talk of how certain teams bribe entire institutions and refs and so on. 

Its not about bribing entire institutions, its about selling a product and make it competetive. Its inhouse. But I agree VAR is for the better long term. I wish they had it in Fergie years.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if I had to buy stock based off rising football teams, AM and Shitty is were I would park my money for then next 2, 3 years, AM as long as they can hold onto their players AND Simeone

RM is a mess (do not care if they won 3 1 today, Celta Vigo is close to the worst team in La Liga), Liverpool, if van Dijk and/or Mane go down are not at that level, Juve, well Sarri, CR7 or no CR7, lolol, PSG will soon be Mbappe (and probably not even him I wager) and the muppets

Barca needs to fix themselves, starting with sacking Valverde

Spot on my man.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, Vesper said:

90696fd69f406c84c1fba46c62639add.gif

LOL that was awesome......I know it says your a lady but I could have sworn I read you are a man and that your lady made your account or something, or maybe I had 2 shots too many that day lol. You go kick that ass my lady.

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

LOL that was awesome......I know it says your a lady but I could have sworn I read you are a man and that your lady made your account or something, or maybe I had 2 shots too many that day lol. You go kick that ass my lady.

nope 100% female born of a female and married to a female, lolol

our cat is a boy:D

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Skipp pulled his arm over

have seen this on replay now 5, 6 times

it was a shit call based off a shit rule

Yes but in the end no matter we like the new rule(s) or not, VAR simply corrected what was a definite wrong call (as per the new rule). 

Yes it sucks when your team is at the wrong end of the VAR call, but at the same time you can benefit from it, too, so it's fair and square for me. Ok, if VAR would take ludicrous decisions saying the sun is ice cold well I'd get the rage, but as soon as it only corrects wrong calls, then I don't see any problem with it. 

That night at the Bridge vs Barcelona (Ovrebro), Lamps'goal vs Germany, that Grosso blatant dive vs South Africa, Suarez's shenanigans, all thr Salah dives, Bolton's night at Stoke 6-7 years ago and so many, many others would not have happened no matter some would not have celebrated anymore or not. There is two sides to the football game, those who benefit from wrong calls and get to celebrate and those who don't, if VAR makes it possible to undo the wrongdoings then it's simply the best choice. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Ahh thats where I made my mistake or rather confusion.......good stuff man.

one time my wife posted something whilst I was in the bathroom I think, and it caused a tonne of confusion, that was like a year ago and I banned her from my account, roflmaoooo

or I just mentioned my wife, and so people assumed I was straight and a male, that still happens, maybe they need to put up a lesbian option in the profile, and a gay male one too

Image result for gay pride gif

5 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

VAR is a joke, end of

Im not surprised one fucking bit and expected it. Even with var they still pick and choose......its used selectively mate, that much is already obvious, so you must ask why is it so....why? Look its as easy as day, you have rules, you enforce them. Instead its the opposite.......make no mistake even this early certain teams have benefited big time already, you can guess whom.

United win tomorrow I genuinely think the slightest likelihood of getting Top 4, would already be gone. 
Utd's only saving grace is Wolves played on Thursday. I highly doubt they will come away with more than a point.

I think if we sell bats, we really have to start to think outside the box in terms of striker/formation alternatives players, etc

Giroud is only good as a key unlock change of pace in a tight game coming in late

Tammy just doesn't have a good shot, at least atm, which is poison for a number 9

might have to look at a false nine with Mount or even Barkley (although Barkley always tires dramatically in the 2nd half)

atm, I would say 80% Sancho is in Shitty colours come next Summer, especially as they have that right of first refusal and will block all the big EPL teams from getting him if they try

I think they sell Sane to Bayern or maybe work some swap with Dortmund

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

United win tomorrow I genuinely think the slightest likelihood of getting Top 4, would already be gone. 

Last season we had 6 points after two games. Arsenal zero. They overcome us later in the season. I'm not saying we have quality to finish top4 but to write off season after two games it's ridiculous.