The English Football Thread

Steve

Even if Spurs somehow get a result here I think they are well and truly in the top four battle with the rest of us.

They have collapsed from a consistency POV since new year despite the run to the CL final.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Thats what a good manager with unlimited spending can do, when their bench is stronger than your first team, then your shit up the creek. Spurs have been shocking, can pass, dont press, their midfield is not there it seems.

I know I have said it before, but it really isnt 'unlimited' spending at Shitty

could it be? yes, obviously, they have an ownership group that controls a trillion quid

but their all time biggest transfer is de Bruyne, at only £68m

they spend SMART money

they spent £89m net this summer, brought in two great players, and some lesser ones that they will sell for a good profit LB Angeliño (exercised a buy-back option) and RB Pedro Porro (who is only 19yo and may end up starting for them one day anyway)

all last year they bought one player of any import, Riyad Mahrez, only a total of £21m net spend

two years ago, YES, that was a one monster spend year

but they spent around the same (£205m net)

that PSG spent on ONE player (Neymar) and only a little more than PSG spent on another (Mbappe)  Barca spent £275m on Coutinho and Demebele alone

look at what Shitty got that year (and they sold the last two already for a combined £12m pure profit)

9d3774719aee082751cd883ebedcd2b7.png

the year before, they spent £160m net but again look at what they got and they made a combined £15m off selling just Rulli and Mooy

86127a2b79874e3344b081ced2d1d7fe.png

the year before

£126m net spend (and this is their last big truly big year)

but again, look at who they got and the prices paid

Sterling alone would go for more than that £126m, dont even get me started on KdB

1d8c1eb18a39f964f5bfbc1c66b4b762.png

for big year net spend comparisons

adjusted for inflation

in 2003-4 we spent £243m net

in 2004-5 £235m net

How many times are we going to celebrate goals only to have the rug pulled out from under our feet?

I get it for obvious errors but every little thing is ridiculous, it's going to to ruin the game.