• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Flop of the season: Everton

Ross Barkely reminds me of a nimble version of John Shelvy.

What is it with English talent? Even though I did think the praise and hype was too much after last season, he did look like a good prospect.

People give Rooney a lot of stick, probably because of their own ridiculous expectations, but he's a top player. Not the most consistent performer, but still a player that will probably go down in history as Utd's and England's highest goal-scorer. He was the last English talent to become a top player

Rooney's breakthrough was 10 years ago and since then we've seen so many 'big talents' come and go. Makes you wonder how Sterling, Wilshere, Ox, Ward-Prowse, Stones, Jones, Flanagan, Chambers, and the slightly older Sturridge and Smalling will end up. How talented are they really?

What is it with English talent? Even though I did think the praise and hype was too much after last season, he did look like a good prospect.

People give Rooney a lot of stick, probably because of their own ridiculous expectations, but he's a top player. Not the most consistent performer, but still a player that will probably go down in history as Utd's and England's highest goal-scorer. He was the last English talent to become a top player

Rooney's breakthrough was 10 years ago and since then we've seen so many 'big talents' come and go. Makes you wonder how Sterling, Wilshere, Ox, Ward-Prowse, Stones, Jones, Stones, Flanagan, Chambers, and the slightly older Sturridge and Smalling will end up. How talented are they really?

I always thought that Rooney's been criticized too heavily; everything that goes wrong with English football or the English NT gets somehow blamed on him it seems. I really hope he gets the recognition he deserves at some point in the future.

Rooney's breakthrough was 10 years ago and since then we've seen so many 'big talents' come and go. Makes you wonder how Sterling, Wilshere, Ox, Ward-Prowse, Stones, Jones, Stones, Flanagan, Chambers, and the slightly older Sturridge and Smalling will end up. How talented are they really?

John Stones John Stones so good you named him twice.

Can I just say Danny Mills is probably the worst commentator ever to exist? Always pretending to be knowledgeable, constantly repeating the same points over and over again and forever slagging off one of the two teams. Farcical.

Flop of the season: Everton

Ross Barkely reminds me of a nimble version of John Shelvy.

it was expected, though. short small squad, thursday night europa, sunday game etc etc. i had seen a stat or something that in their first 8 europa league games, everton had won just 1 of their league games after that. just shows what europa does to the team.

Can I just say Danny Mills is probably the worst commentator ever to exist? Always pretending to be knowledgeable, constantly repeating the same points over and over again and forever slagging off one of the two teams. Farcical.

He's shit but he's not as bad as Claridge, Savage, Lawrenson, it's a never ending list Jason. The only co- commentator who when he was on 5live was worth listening to was Tony Pullis. He's managed at the highest level so that helps, he would describe tactics and formations brilliantly which is essential on the radio. And he sounded like he was enjoying himself and not trying to make a name of himself like that cretin Savage.

He's shit but he's not as bad as Claridge, Savage, Lawrenson, it's a never ending list Jason. The only co- commentator who when he was on 5live was worth listening to was Tony Pullis. He's managed at the highest level so that helps, he would describe tactics and formations brilliantly which is essential on the radio. And he sounded like he was enjoying himself and not trying to make a name of himself like that cretin Savage.

Perhaps so but Mills just is extremely BS and f*cking annoying. He plays the role of providing the analysis, insight etc on commentary and yet he speaks like every second, every minute! Think I'll rather take those you mentioned over him to be the match commentator.