Player of the Year 2010-11

44 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Year?

Yes, I know it's a little early. But these sort of discussions kill the time between matches, don't they?

If Cech doesn't win the actual award come May, I'll be VERY surprised. I estimate we'd be approximately 10 points worse off without him, at least.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt it's Cech.

Cech, Terry & Ivanovic have been our most consistent players all season. The all deserve the award, but Cech literally kept us in several matches (especially during the crisis period!)

I've been thinking on opening a thread like this so I've already got my top 4.

1. Cech - We would have been on Liverpool's level had it not been for Petr. Possibly better than in 04/05. He's had a some dodgy games in the last few weeks but didn't pay for his mistakes.
  2. John Terry - Faultless. Breathtaking. I had a some doubts about his ability after last season but he's been proving me wrong since August.
  3. Brana - He's had more mediocre games than last season but he's still Mr. Consistent and Mr 7/10
  4. Mikel - Our best midfielder by a fricking mile for the first half of the season and kept our midfield on his own early during our crisis. Unexpected improvement.

Terry & Cech are the leading guys for this so far. Won't make a decision till nearer the end of the season but both have been consistently brilliant all season.

Cech has kept us in games with his performances.

Terry has lead like a true lion all season, got a few goals for good measure as well him and Cech are the only players that looked like they've given a shit for 100% of the season. JT always comes over to the fans even after a bad game & has apologised when we've been poor.

Both Chelsea legends we'd be much worse off without them right now.

THE CAPTAIN -JT-

Ivanovic is having a good season but he doesn't posses what it takes to be player of the year , i know he is a great defender but he is not irreplaceable and i think best players should be irreplaceable a la LAMPS , JT , CECH .

Cech has been superb so far , he really is coming back to his own and this is without a doubt one of his best seasons , he is upthere with JT as the best performer this year , but the only difference is the leadership JT has showed .

My choice comes from how valuable i think each player is , and JT right now is the most valuable player in chelsea , as we all have seen how do we struggle without him .

Anyway i think there is still a long way to go before the player of the year is decided , i guess if we are to win the UCL , some new names will be added there , Hopefully Torres :whistling:

People are gonna flame my ass but I'm sorry, Ivanovic doesn't deserve to be on the list. He's a good solid player, very versatile and fills a utility role for us. He's like a handyman, good at everything but great at nothing. He's an important player for us but he's nowhere near our best player of the year. That has to be either Cech or Terry with my vote going to Terry. I just can't understand how people on this forum think Ivan is the cat's ass. Let's put it into perspective, if our whole team was healthy and Brano went down there would be zero drop-off from a quality standpoint in our backline. You can't say the same about Terry, Cole, or even Luiz now and what does that tell you?

Terry is the leader and the legend, and he's been playing top shelf...he's the player of the year for me.

John Terry for me by a mile, he had a couple of seasons where he wasn't at his best but this season has been one of his best ever, he's been absolutely fantastic. John Terry is required to do a lot more than Cech in a match and the reason we've got the best defence in the premiership is because we have the best defender and captain in the premiership. We have the best keeper too but JT has a lot more to do. In some games, Petr Cech won't have anything to do whereas JT has to lead the team and stay focussed and will always be required. He will definitely go down as my favourite ever Chelsea player.

Edited by OllieCFC

People are gonna flame my ass but I'm sorry, Ivanovic doesn't deserve to be on the list. He's a good solid player, very versatile and fills a utility role for us. He's like a handyman, good at everything but great at nothing. He's an important player for us but he's nowhere near our best player of the year. That has to be either Cech or Terry with my vote going to Terry. I just can't understand how people on this forum think Ivan is the cat's ass. Let's put it into perspective, if our whole team was healthy and Brano went down there would be zero drop-off from a quality standpoint in our backline. You can't say the same about Terry, Cole, or even Luiz now and what does that tell you?

Terry is the leader and the legend, and he's been playing top shelf...he's the player of the year for me.

Have to disagree on the overall message of that mate. Ivanovic has got one thing that most our players don't.. The ability to win the ball aerially above everyone else. I've lost count of how many times Ivanovic is the first man to meet a corner when attacking & defending! His had so many scoring opportunities from simply winning a header, over defenders who are much taller than himself.

Aside from his, his commitment to win the ball when one-on-one with a defender is next-to-none. He'll never commit too early for a ball and his strength is far more than Luiz's. His composure is also better than David Luiz's. He always runs after the ball to prevent corners & get them for throw ins instead. He's always there to get a block in when attackers are about to strike a ball, it doesn't matter how powerful the shot, he'll always sacrifice himself to prevent it going goal-wards.

You are right in the fact, he's been consistent because we've had injuries at the back. What makes Ivanovic different from that, is that he's always had a good personal game. Hardly ever puts a foot wrong & deserves an enormous amount of credit for that.

Has to be Cech by a MILE.

Terry and Ivanovic have been absolutely fantastic but Cech has made so many vital saves it is unreal. Remember the Wolves home match? if it werent for Cech we would have had the Sunderland dubarcle 3 weeks early.

Chelsea player of the year has nothing to do if you are the best player in the world. It is what Chelsea fans think.

Branislav had some very good moments, when he brought us joy. Blackburn late winner, two goals against Spartak. Comfortable performances on the pitch.

Terry is having a good season. He passion on the pitch is there to see. Some good and important moments too. Fantastic goals against Villa and Sunderland.

But imo Cech is having an outstanding season. Cech also looks like a very nice person, he really deserves some acknowledgement from us for who he is and what he does.