Player of the Year 2010-11

44 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Year?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech is a Chelsea legend, he deserves to have his name imprinted in the clubs history, by winning this award. Ivanovic however, as good as he's been this season, has a long way to go, and I wouldn't want to see him on that list amongst Zola, Lamps, JT etc ..just yet.

There's only one Chelsea player that's been world-class all season long and his name is Petr Cech so he gets my vote.

Yeah , i voted Cech as he has saved us from some sticky situations this season things could have been alot worse.

Cech for me too.

JT and Bran have been fantastic too and i would personally say they both would be worthy of the award but Cech has won us more points.

if he won it he would become the 3rd Chelsea goalie with some form of the name Peter to win CPOY. after Petar Borota in 1981 and Peter "The Cat" Bonetti won the first one in 1967. (the 5th Goalkeeper overall)

it`s crazy to think that Kerry Dixon never won the award but Micky Droy and Frank Sinclair did..both somewhat of Cult heroes but you`d be hard pressed to find any chelsea fans who would class them as anywhere near great players.

Sturridge for his form at errr.........................Bolton! :P

Only 3 players can hold their heads up & say that they have played to their potential this season.

Cech gets my vote not just because he has been our best player but to finally put that injury behind him is a measure of the guys determination to get back to his best.

You could split hairs between lvanovich & JT, both have had consistent performances throughout.

Drogba is now getting back & deserves a mention in my book, perhaps things could of been so different if he hadn't suffered a belt of Malaria?

Agreed on that. If Drogba hadn't have gotten ill, I think it would be fair to say he'd be around the 20-25 goal mark, which is a commendable return. The same can be said of Lampard, though, if he was nearer the 20 goal mark we'd be singing his praises.

Cech.

Showing us why he is the best goalkeeper in the world!

Going to be tough to try and find a replacement when he finally leaves/retires in those years that is so far ahead, Then again, i wouldn't mind him going for a Buffon, tbf. :eyebrows: