Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the sense of it when the news came out but the more i think about this, the more it does make sense.

For a start we have got enough creative players but lack a pure winger, now we have our squad winger in Moses (if he stays) but we could do with one who is capable of producing against top opponents, now while Moses is a good squad player who can fill in, could you see him producing in a Champions League semi final at the Allianz Arena? i can;t.

Also another reason is look at our attacking midfielders, we have Juan Mata who is approaching his peak, but Schurrle, De Bruyne, Hazard and Oscar are very good players but at 22 they are not the finished article players if Mata got an injury we would be relying on 22 year old's to drive us forward in two of the biggest competition's in the world, add that to a 20 year old Lukaku being our only current half decent forward also. The lack of experience in the front line was telling at Old Trafford.

This signing on reflection makes me even more confident we will challenge for the PL title this season, the reason why we might struggle before is that our squad is young, well that is not the case anymore if you compare the lineup to what is likely to start the big games this season to the one that did in Mourinho's first stint, the team is a lot older and a lot more experienced.

Cech (22), Paulo (26), Carvalho (26), Terry (24), Gallas (26), Makelele (31), Tiago (23), Lampard (26), Robben (20), Duff (26), Drogba (26).

to now: Cech (31), Azpi(24)/Ivan(29), Luiz (26), Terry (32), Cole (32), Ramires (26), Mikel(26)/Lampard(35), Willian (25), Mata (25), Hazard (21), Eto'o(32),Yilmaz(28), avalible for £11m apparently or Martinez(26).

All off a sudden we look experienced and strong enough to challenge on all front's :P

I hope this transfer isn't a disaster. 30 million is way to much! Now Spurs get Lamela for the same price who in my opnion is better!

Lamela is still quite young, we have enough of that type of player for our attacking position's, we needed a player who is near is peak and will deliver straight away.

Lamela is still quite young, we have enough of that type of player for our attacking position's, we needed a player who is near is peak and will deliver straight away.

I actually just read the post you delivered before I posted mine and that does make sense and helps me relax on this transfer a lot. Nice one ! Lol

But can he do it on a cold and rainy Wednesday night in Stoke?

I've seen this joke so many times around.

Can explain to me? Thanks ;)

On Chelsea TV just now they showed him training with the others. So he already trained :P

On Chelsea TV just now they showed him training with the others. So he already trained :P

Haha, it's an insult to Messi , that Andy Gray said on live television. When everyone was talking about how Messi's the best player in the world, Andy questioned how he hasn't faced physical football like that played by Stoke City, who literally play rugby football. So it actually means, no matter how good you are, can you do it in the English Premier League?

Because The Brittania is the stereotypical small, compact English pitch with fans that will make the place intimidating and players that will get in your faces.

Personally i think the fear factor of that team are long gone, they stagnated last season and Sparky won't be as full on with his tactics as Pulis was.