Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

Surely if he has a really nice season here he can get in the Brazilian squad over that Bernard kid who looks about 10 years old? Maybe even the vastly overrated Lucas at PSG?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think its money thrown.Yes he will add depth and quality but we were and we are overloaded with quality upront, we defensive need quality and i'm not happy with Essien and Mikel as defensive midfields, Ramires is very good in that role but wont start all the matches.

Surely if he has a really nice season here he can get in the Brazilian squad over that Bernard kid who looks about 10 years old? Maybe even the vastly overrated Lucas at PSG?

Don't forget Hulk who hardly plays well for Brazil.

Lucas and Bernard are both good players. Lucas will be at the 2014 world cup for sure I reckon. Not too sure about Bernard though but I can see him going, can't see Willian tbh. Lucas is so direct and stretches teams, unlike Hulk who cuts in on the right so he'll be there as hes something they don't really have.

No as in, no matter how many minute's he racks up, it'll be tough to get into a talented squad such as Brazil.

Yeah I know but if he were to have a chance he'd have to be playing every week at a high level. Bets he won't start every week here.

They've looked at our situation and figured out that if Hazard isn't dribbling with the ball then we're fucked because we don't have another ball carrier. You can't just pass the ball into the goal you need dribblers ! Oscar and Mata will offer little of that and Shurrle or whatever his name is 18 million down the drain !

They've looked at our situation and figured out that if Hazard isn't dribbling with the ball then we're fucked because we don't have another ball carrier. You can't just pass the ball into the goal you need dribblers ! Oscar and Mata will offer little of that and Shurrle or whatever his name is 18 million down the drain !

Seriously, what the fuck?

Pathetic.

Nice that he's already training, i see him as starting IX material. I understand that Mourinho added him because our squad is very young. Hazard/Oscar/De Bruyne/Schürrle are all under 23 and are not ready yet to carry Chelsea in all competitions for a entire year. With Mata and now Willian we have 2 attacking midfielders that are nearing they're peak. We know have the depth so that we don't need to burn our young players before they even reach they're peak. Although i guess he will play mostly at the right wing when Hazard is fit, he's an ideal replacement for him should he get injured because he is two-footed. In that scenario we can move Mata or De Bruyne to the right wing with Oscar at the center.

Uh, he averaged 3.2 successful dribbles per game last season, unusually high in the Bundesliga.