Stoke 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Alex and Yossi will be back in time if so in going for this (on the assumption that "touch wood" we get no injury's).

GK Cech

RB Ivanovic

CB Luiz

CB JT

LB Cole

RM Ramires

CM Essien

CM Lampard

LM Zhirkov

ST Torres

ST Anelka (he aint on internatinal duty so will be more fresh)

SUBS

Turnbull (well i want Hilario but im being realistic)

Alex

Bosingwa

Benayoun

Mikel

Drogba

Kalou

After a long while we have a formidable bench ! :)

We should allow the Kalou - Torres partnership another chance. They linked up well together at City, it's a worthwhile risk to allow them another game.

sorry to differ but this is not the time to take risk...i think Drogba would be better against a physical team like stroke and would also add his defensive ability against stoke set pieces

sorry to differ but this is not the time to take risk...i think Drogba would be better against a physical team like stroke and would also add his defensive ability against stoke set pieces

Drogba is a bigger risk. At least Kalou and Torres complimented each other and gave the other chances. Drogba & Torres have not clicked yet, so it would be an even bigger risk to try them out.

This is Stoke we're playing, why not give Kalou and Drogba a try? players that can play with each other maybe rather than wasting time on other combo's. Would love to us go back to the Sunderland performance team...

Anywho, need to watch out for those FK's Stoke like to score these last couple of games lol

Would like Drogba to start due to him helping out on Set pieces (in attack AND defence)

Drogba got 2 goals today, so him and Anelka our best strikers in the team atm... (going off goals and assists)

Kalou and Torres will come on in the 2nd half and both get 2 goals each, simples

Fernando has to start and I dount Carlo will sub him tomorrow. We could be in for a whole 90 minutes of Shoooot, ooooo shooot, ooooo, shooot Goaaaaaaaalllllllllll! He'll create alot of chances lets just hope one eventually will go in, and the rest will follow. As for Kalou and Torres together Its a no brainer, kalou will run at defenders at pace and thats what we'v needed so badly to put the Def on the back foot. I cant wait to see the David Luiz long balls to FT.

Cech

Ashley.. Luiz\Alex...JT...Ivanovic

Zhirkov...Essien..Lampard...Ramires

Torres...Kalou\Drogba

And please no malouda Carlo.

i hope carlo will rest some players ....

...............cech............

bos - luiz - JT - a.cole

rami - mikel - lamps- zhirkov

Drogba - anelka

with torres , kalou , essien coming in the 2nd half for anelka , Drogba , ramires

in that way we will have torres , kalou , Drogba , anelka , essien , ramires all playing just 45 min. , while malouda and iva totally fresh for the man utd game .

or may be alex and benayoun can be used in this game blue%20scalf.gif

The good thing is that we now have a few options re: players and tactics for this one. Remember though Stokes phyiscal approach to games and Delaps loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggg throwins - maybe 2 of Terry/Ivanovic/Alex at the back for this with Luiz at right back to counter Ethrington....3 of Mikel/Lampard/Essien and Ramires in midfield, with any combination of strikers should be fine...

Torres and a Kalou/Anelka partnership would be interesting attack to watch. Both have some skill, both have some off the ball work, and both have some kind of finish. Torres clicked well with Kalou, and i think he will form a brilliant partnership with Anelka as well, probably the most deadly, at the moment. Drogba maybe also could add something beneficial.

Who ever is going to this game let me or Bluelion know so we can have a Talkchelsea meet up!

I'll be there, but near you guys, I guess, on the South Stand.